J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I firmly believe that on the grand scale, euthanizing all life would be ethically and morally the right thing to do.

There is no fixing life. Natures very nature is quite sadistic. Not all the way through, of course, but enough to make existence a pretty dreadful experience, even for many apex predators such as us humans. I think that is a pretty important point to make in relation to this discussion. Many of us humans live in luxury compared to most other living organisms.

Going beyond that, there is no reason for any of this. It's all a painful (sometimes extremely painful), completely pointless exercise.

Destroying all life on earth could be done pretty easily. Just create a few huge holes to the atmosphere for example, i'm sure that with modern scientific knowledge this could be done relatively easily.

Any time i bring this up anywhere, it seems that people either think i'm trolling, or they haven't even seriously considered the possibility, since nobody comments on my views in any way and just goes silent. Please give me your opinion. I feel like I need some feedback, tell me what's wrong with the way i think.

I know it's a quite narcissistic idea for one, thinking that i would have the authority to make a decision about something like this. But aren't all big dreams essentially narcissistic? We all must do (and dream to do) what we consider the right thing, regardless of our level of expertise or overall intelligence.

I understand enough about psychology to know that the human race would most likely never make a democratic decision in favor of something like this.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Efilismislife, Wormfood, actual_fox and 7 others
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
If others shouldn't be able to tell us (and make it so that) we have to live why the fuck should the reverse be true?

Most any living thing has the capacity to "choose" death at any given time yet you don't see non-human life offing itself en masse. This is comically archvillain outlook type stuff.

• Love
Reactions: Wormfood, rylaia, Thanatos and 8 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
In about 5 billion years, the sun will be a red giant and likely have expanded so much that it will completely engulf Earth. Long before this, the oceans would have boiled away and conditions would be lifeless like present-day Venus. Given that there has been life on Earth for 4 billion years to date, we are likely be more than half-way to the inevitability of total extinction. Impermanence is a universal law.

Speaking of time, the universe is regarded by many theories as multi-dimensional. Other times (past and future) exist parallel to our own, and even other possible versions of today also exist. Yes, even other 'yous'. Hence, even destroying an entire universe would only affect one of an infinite number of parallel dimensions.

Still, seeking genuine solutions to suffering is an advanced ambition. Ultimately, though, you will find that each individual has to treat this as an internal journey of removing blockages until some sort of enlightened state is realised.

Reactions: Trannydiary, jodes2, Wormfood and 5 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
No good guy has ever tried to end the world and if you were playing an RPG where you have some emotional connection to the characters you wouldn't want to either. All life for one person. There isn't anyone who's worth that least of all anyone here. Sorry. It's reassuring to know the consensus doesn't seem to be with you. That's all it takes to get a bit of hope back in humanity

Reactions: Rounded Apathy, Install-Gentoo and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
You couldn't destroy all life if you tried... It lurks in the shadows, under your bed, inside your head.

With that said. A hard reset is definitely in order.

• Wow
Reactions: jodes2, Cold, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I disgree.

We have zero understanding of how our universe came to be, so we cannot argue for mass extinction of all life in it. We don't even have the faintest clue as to what life is, so how can we decide to kill all of it?

As far as humans are concerned, I think the only reasonable thing is to give those who want to die acces to a quick and painless exit, and let those who want to live knock themselves out.

• Hugs
Reactions: odradek, Smart No More, Alayna and 1 other person
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
It is an extremist idea. I don't agree at all

Reactions: jodes2
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
You're like, sixteen, right? OK, do your thing.

• Wow
F

Forgetting5

May 3, 2021
I think people fuck themselves over in time like natural selection. I don't think all people should necessarily be dead

J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
If others shouldn't be able to tell us (and make it so that) we have to live why the fuck should the reverse be true?
As we already established, i'm well aware that a democratic decision would never lead to this result.

That is really not a good argument against the idea.
Most any living thing has the capacity to "choose" death at any given time yet you don't see non-human life offing itself en masse. This is comically archvillain outlook type stuff.
Most living organisms are most certainly not able to choose death if they wish. That's a comical outlook if something is.
This is like a comment, right? OK do your thing.
In about 5 billion years, the sun will be a red giant and likely have expanded so much that it will completely engulf Earth. Long before this, the oceans would have boiled away and conditions would be lifeless like present-day Venus. Given that there has been life on Earth for 4 billion years to date, we are likely be more than half-way to the inevitability of total extinction. Impermanence is a universal law.

Speaking of time, the universe is regarded by many theories as multi-dimensional. Other times (past and future) exist parallel to our own, and even other possible versions of today also exist. Yes, even other 'yous'. Hence, even destroying an entire universe would only affect one of an infinite number of parallel dimensions.
I have a very limited understanding of physics, but as far as i understand, there is currently very little proof to support this theory.
Still, seeking genuine solutions to suffering is an advanced ambition. Ultimately, though, you will find that each individual has to treat this as an internal journey of removing blockages until some sort of enlightened state is realised.
I don't really believe in enlightenment any more than in finding religion.
No good guy has ever tried to end the world and if you were playing an RPG where you have some emotional connection to the characters you wouldn't want to either. All life for one person. There isn't anyone who's worth that least of all anyone here. Sorry. It's reassuring to know the consensus doesn't seem to be with you. That's all it takes to get a bit of hope back in humanity
Real life is not an RPG, or a movie. I'm not trying to write a one here either.
I disgree.

We have zero understanding of how our universe came to be, so we cannot argue for mass extinction of all life in it. We don't even have the faintest clue as to what life is, so how can we decide to kill all of it?
The secret to life is not some great scientific mystery. It's all around you.

Who really cares how it all came to be? It's here and it's hungry.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: tetra and Disappointered
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I guess we can already say that there are PRO-life, PRO-Choice and… PRO-Dead?

Always fighting for everyone to do what they want with their lives and there will always be those who push themselves to decide on the lives of others.

Neither force to live nor force to die. I will always defend the ability of people to decide on their lives (even though as a determinist I know that it is impossible, but at least I defend it out of conviction) and never that third people decide on the lives of others.

//

Suposo que ja podem dir que hi han PRO-life, PRO-Choice i... PRO-Dead?

Sempre lluitant perquè cadascú faci el que li doni la gana amb la seva vida i sempre hi haurà qui s'empenyi en decidír sobre la vida dels altres.

Ni obligar a viure ni obligar a morir. Sempre defensaré la capacitat de les persones per decidir sobre les seves vides (encara que com a determinsita que sóc se que és impossible, però al menys ho defenso per convicció) i mai que tercers decideixin sobre la vida dels altres.

• Love
Reactions: Rounded Apathy, lachrymost and Cathy Ames
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
*raises hand gingerly* I have one small concern, chief. It seems a little extreme. Can't we just stick to what we consider best for ourselves? That is, unless we have Little Caesars and chocolate chip cookies at subsequent genocidal meetings. Then to hell with humanity.

• Yay!
Reactions: odradek, Rounded Apathy, Chinaski and 1 other person
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
As we already established, i'm well aware that a democratic decision would never lead to this result.

Most living organisms are most certainly not able to choose death if they wish. That's a comical outlook if something is.

This is like a comment, right? OK do your thing.

I have a very limited understanding of physics, but as far as i understand, there is currently very little proof to support this theory.

I don't really believe in enlightenment any more than in finding religion.

Real life is not an RPG, or a movie. I'm not trying to write a one here either.

The secret to life is not some great scientific mystery. It's all around you.

Who really cares how it all came to be? It's here and it's hungry.

Sorry I was so snide. I immediately regretted it, but found I couldn't delete it.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs and Cathy Ames
H

[HNO]

Experienced
Aug 21, 2022
pressing a button and finishing this eternal bullshit of drama once for all is too easy fate for us as species. imagine the human capacity is magnificent enough to put to end wars, climate, famine, cataclysms, politics, common mental suffering etc instantly but instead there will be only kali yuga for thousands years until the sun become incapable to produce energy

Reactions: JustSwingingTheD
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I've no objections. I would prefer that nothing exists. Constantly trying to remove "just the bad stuff" is seeming quite futile. To hell with it all.

• Love
Reactions: jodes2, Efilismislife, WhatPowerIs and 1 other person
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
I don't believe in playing God.

Reactions: jodes2 and Smart No More
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I don't think that killing everyone in the world is the answer nor a good thing. Lol. It could eventually happen though due to a war, nuke, virus that turns people in zombies etc. Of course it would have been best to have never been born in the first place and for life to have never existed all together but it does and we are here now. I do think that everyone should have the freedom to choose whether they live or die and of course have access to a multitude of peaceful methods to end there life whenever and however they choose. The peaceful pill to be sold otc in drug stores would be best along with all the other easily accessible methods to pursue if one wanted a different way such as nitrogen, SN, Sarco etc.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: jodes2, Alayna and Cathy Ames
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022

Are you serious? Unless you also think that it's okay for people who want to die to be prevented from doing so by those who don't want them to, this completely destroys your position. It isn't even about democracy, it's about making a decision for another being that you don't have the authority to make. "I want you to live therefore I will force you to live" = "I want you to die therefore I will force you to die". If you just offed yourself then you wouldn't have to worry about whether other people lived or not. This smacks of some serious god complex stuff.

Explain to me how it is you know that other organisms cannot choose death at any given moment. Have you lived as another kind of being and retain those memories? Can you prove this? Obviously I'm not contenting every other life form has the same cognitive capabilities as a human - there is just nothing unique to us that allows only us to kill ourselves. Dogs, dolphins, bees, and aphids have been documented to show either directly life-ending behaviour, or non-life supportive behaviour.

Reactions: jodes2, Wormfood and Dead Ghost
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do despise the concept of life and I view it as being a cruel mistake. Bringing life into this world will inevitably mean that suffering is experienced and inflicted onto others, there is far too much unnecessary pain in this world that would have been prevented by not bringing life here, which is why I do believe that procreation can never be beneficial.
But I'm only really concerned with ending my own existence. If I'm gone then I won't have to experience this life anymore. As already said, I just think that we should allow people a peaceful right to die, and make instant peaceful methods be easily accessible, so those who hate life can just leave without having to struggle in planning suicide.

Reactions: jodes2, JustSwingingTheD and Dead Ghost
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i think it's inevitable that all life will be destroyed on the this planet eventually within the next 1000 years as technology advances one man or machine will have the power and someone will be in the position of power to destory all life and act on that desire

hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Yeah, I'm split down the middle.

I hold contradictory opinions.

I both want a world-wide extinction event that would decimate all life, yet still respect the fact that people and animals have the right to live if they want to.

Good news, though: supposedly this simulacrum collapses in 2178, so we only have until then and then all of this is kaput. 😶😐

• Yay!
Reactions: jodes2 and Wormfood
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Yes we pro mortalists endorse this

• Yay!
Reactions: jodes2 and Efilismislife
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I want to leave but i don't care what others want to do, anyway call Putin and talk to him about it

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: jodes2 and Efilismislife
J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Are you serious? Unless you also think that it's okay for people who want to die to be prevented from doing so by those who don't want them to, this completely destroys your position.
It doesn't matter if i think it's okay or not, it happens anyway. That's life huh?
It isn't even about democracy, it's about making a decision for another being that you don't have the authority to make. "I want you to live therefore I will force you to live" = "I want you to die therefore I will force you to die". If you just offed yourself then you wouldn't have to worry about whether other people lived or not. This smacks of some serious god complex stuff.
Who says i don't have the authority to make it? You? Why is this relevant to the question in any way? Who the hell has any "authority" to do anything in life anyway? Are you making every decision in your life based on what the people around think about it?

You are looking at this the wrong way. I'm not asking for your permission, it doesn't matter, i don't care. If i had my finger on the button right now, goodbye all life, 100% certainty, why shouldn't i do it? Can you give me a one good argument besides "you don't have the authority"?

The question is not just about other people. I couldn't care less if other people live or die. If it was just about people then the name of the thread would be: "humanity should be destroyed - objections?" I'm talking about bigger things than just the end for humanity. I'm talking end to all life as we know it.
Explain to me how it is you know that other organisms cannot choose death at any given moment. Have you lived as another kind of being and retain those memories? Can you prove this? Obviously I'm not contenting every other life form has the same cognitive capabilities as a human - there is just nothing unique to us that allows only us to kill ourselves. Dogs, dolphins, bees, and aphids have been documented to show either directly life-ending behaviour, or non-life supportive behaviour.
Are you serious? Even many (if not most) self-destructive humans, a species vastly more intelligent than any other on this planet, have serious problems with "choosing death" at will. Take a one look at this site if you don't believe.
I don't believe in playing God.
The thing is, if you don't, then someone else always will. Every single person procreating is playing god, for example.
*raises hand gingerly* I have one small concern, chief. It seems a little extreme. Can't we just stick to what we consider best for ourselves? That is, unless we have Little Caesars and chocolate chip cookies at subsequent genocidal meetings. Then to hell with humanity.
I do consider this the best alternative for me.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Wormfood, Suicidе and Disappointered
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I firmly believe that on the grand scale, euthanizing all life would be ethically and morally the right thing to do.

There is no fixing life. Natures very nature is quite sadistic. Not all the way through, of course, but enough to make existence a pretty dreadful experience, even for many apex predators such as us humans. I think that is a pretty important point to make in relation to this discussion. Many of us humans live in luxury compared to most other living organisms.

Going beyond that, there is no reason for any of this. It's all a painful (sometimes extremely painful), completely pointless exercise.

Destroying all life on earth could be done pretty easily. Just create a few huge holes to the atmosphere for example, i'm sure that with modern scientific knowledge this could be done relatively easily.

Any time i bring this up anywhere, it seems that people either think i'm trolling, or they haven't even seriously considered the possibility, since nobody comments on my views in any way and just goes silent. Please give me your opinion. I feel like I need some feedback, tell me what's wrong with the way i think.

I know it's a quite narcissistic idea for one, thinking that i would have the authority to make a decision about something like this. But aren't all big dreams essentially narcissistic? We all must do (and dream to do) what we consider the right thing, regardless of our level of expertise or overall intelligence.

I understand enough about psychology to know that the human race would most likely never make a democratic decision in favor of something like this.
It is also more likely than not, that should humanity continue, we could evolve into a species that far better than we are.😝

Reactions: woe-boy
woe-boy

woe-boy

Never feeling love like that anymore
Mar 30, 2022
Life is incredible in its good aspects. Humans are also virile and can be salacious and hostile, but it is a small portion of what goes on in the world compared to the good. Nearly every morally aligned human will give you the shirt off his back if he feels inclined to do so. Do humans truly follow political agenda and protect their fellow man in that light? Most usually not, it is every man for himself.

Ever heard of the folk song 'The Farmer Feeds Them All?" It is a very true little ditty. Without people who actually find farming a pleasurable job and affair, we would've all starved to death many, many years ago. It may be a financially compensated job, but we've got to eat and some humans out there have made it their goal that every good American and human being is fed well.

Goodwill and charity are everywhere. Perhaps thanks to our universal Human representative, Mr. J. Christ. But I have to say, with the world having such dark feelings and emotions right now, the only way is up. My optimism has turned into pessimism, but I believe the destruction of life is an uncalled-for, dark idea. The people who truly feel that should go for a walk, or at least phone someone who cares about them. Gain some new life perceptions- it's very easy to do.

Reactions: Smart No More
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
If the annihilation is peaceful, quick and painless I would say it's for the best.

Reactions: Efilismislife, Suicidе, Irrumi and 1 other person
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Definitely wish I could kill everyone sometimes but still not sure on this one.

• Yay!
Reactions: Efilismislife
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Your username tells me how seriously to take this but for the sake of venting I'll share my view. You offer no real reason in your proposal to commit genocide. If you're going to say its the most humane thing that's about as logical as the fixers views only from an opposite end of the scale. I suspect there's an element of trolling going on here though and I doubt you really believe what you're suggesting. If you do then this is me raising my hand as one of the people in objection.

Honestly, what's the point of a universe without life? Gasses, rocks and minerals floating around coliding. Taking up space and negative space with nothing or nobody there to witness, wonder at or enjoy it.

Humans are parasites sure. I can't and won't argue against that but life is not the problem there. I believe in treating the issue not the symptoms. I don't believe the issue is life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rounded Apathy and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Your username tells me how seriously to take this but for the sake of venting I'll share my view. You offer no real reason to commit genocide and if you're going to say its the most humane thing that's about as logical as the fixers views only from an opposite end of the scale. I suspect there's an element of trolling going on here though and I doubt you really believe what you're suggesting. If you do then this is me raising my hand as one of the people in objection.

Honestly, what's the point of a universe without life? Gasses, rocks and minerals floating around coliding. Taking up space and negative space with nothing or nobody there to witness, wonder at or enjoy it.

Humans are parasites sure. I can't and won't argue against that but life is not the problem there. I believe in treating the issue not the symptoms.
I thought about replying to OP's second direct reply to me, but then it hit me that they're either a troll or a total psychopath - in either case I am better off not wasting my time and energy engaging. I encourage everyone who opposes this perspective to do the same.

Reactions: avoid_slow_death, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Smart No More