falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Before the shit show that led me here, I'd been supporting myself by selling plants. It was the only way I could think to make money after I lost my job cuz covid. I bought hundreds of nursery pots online, invested a bunch of money in soil and seeds, and had a pretty thriving business going selling seedlings. I was undercutting the chain stores on price (if walmart sold a jalapeno seedling for $3.88, I'd sell mine for $3) and word was really getting around that my plants were cheaper and healthier. Well, now that I've got a broken foot, am basically on suicide watch, and am terrified to even go outside because my mind has convinced me that a cop is waiting out there to arrest me and take me back to jail, I haven't been able to get out to water them. I finally forced myself to go see what I'm dealing with this morning...pretty much everything is dead. The death toll is somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 seedlings of all species. I feel like a total asshole for it. I wish I hadn't committed plant genocide as one of my last acts before killing myself.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: not4us, booray, imsorrythatimhere and 12 others
I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
Initially misread the title as "All my plans are dead" and damn, if my stomach didn't drop like greased lightning :))

• Love
Reactions: autumnal, W3akCr3atur3, esse_est_percipi and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
its ok. you have paranoia, and for good reason. im happy for you that you finally made it outside even if thats what you came out to. im really sorry it happened though. i know losing something you put a lot of work into can be heartbreaking. :heart: :hug:

• Love
Reactions: inactive and falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Initially misread the title as "All my plans are dead" and damn, if my stomach didn't drop like greased lightning :))
Haha well my "plans" are pretty simple. Step one, drink SN. Step two, drink more if I puke. Step three, die. It seemed best to make the plan as idiot proof as possible.
its ok. you have paranoia, and for good reason. im happy for you that you finally made it outside even if thats what you came out to. im really sorry it happened though. i know losing something you put a lot of work into can be heartbreaking. :heart: :hug:
I just feel bad for the plants. I'm like an asshole parent that has a bunch of accidental kids and leaves them to fend for themselves.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiral, Life_and_Death and inactive
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I just feel bad for the plants. I'm like an asshole parent that has a bunch of accidental kids and leaves them to fend for themselves.
i understand but at least it was a painfree death. at least thats what i try to tell myself when i lose a plant

Reactions: imsorrythatimhere and falloutcarter13
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I can't believe you posted this! I have plants on my balcony that are flourishing. Half of my indoor plants are shriveling up and dying right in their moist soil. In sunglight. Windows always open to fesh air.

I'm chocking it up to my bad energy. Seriously. :eh:

• Hugs
Reactions: falloutcarter13
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It's not your fault.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
It's not your fault.
I might accept that for certain things in my life but I live alone. Unless they're all ctb, I think I have *something* to do with it :ahhha:.

My apartment is Jonestown North LOL

• Love
Reactions: Spiral, blahblahhh, falloutcarter13 and 1 other person
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
There's a saying that when our plants die, the do because they take on a curse for us. It feels like a comforting thought to me because I love my plant children too. Maybe the 400 plants died protecting you from 400 things.