• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
In 100 years from now, all the current 8 billion people that are alive this very moment, will all be dead and gone foever

Of course a very small percentage may live a bit past 100, or maybe by that point, technology will be more advanced and extend life for another 10 or 20 years. But in general, its about the same, since average lifespan right now is around 70-80 years (if you're healthy)

If you look at it from this perspective, how pointless is our daily struggles and constant effort it takes to keep staying alive?? Even all the pro-lifers that suggest you to not CTB, will also be dead

I remember seeing this quote from somewhere "Why are we dying to live, when we're just living to die?"

Life is just so damn pointless, especially with all the endless struggles that come with it

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: SoulCage, VidFlumina, sserafim and 27 others
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
There really is no meaning to life...at least for me anyway. People say you give meaning to life but what if I can't find any....

The fact that I even have to give it meaning in order for it to matter means there was no point to it in the first place just endless recycling of trash humans until the planet dies

Reactions: sserafim, lifewasawillowtv, Finalnight and 6 others
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
There really is no meaning to life...at least for me anyway. People say you give meaning to life but what if I can't find any....

The fact that I even have to give it meaning in order for it to matter means there was no point to it in the first place just endless recycling of trash humans until the planet dies
Yes, I feel this. The difficult part is, some of us are already awake enough to understand there is clearly no meaning. Yet, we need to keep brainwashing ourselves daily, to purposely force some meaning, out of no meaning, just so we can live in some fake illusion to get through daily life a bit easier

We're constantly fighting so hard to survive, as if there was some big and special meaning, while in actual reality, there is simply no meaning at all. It is truly a torture

Such a bliss to not be alive

Reactions: sserafim, returntothevoid, Finalnight and 8 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Yep, welcome to the real world, would you like some tea to accompany you existential dread? I find adding some vanilla helps me dissociate and ignore the pointlessness of it all a bit better.

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, Lostandlooking, Finalnight and 6 others
Rockman

Rockman

Student
Feb 9, 2020
You know the vast majority of people don't worry about being dead in a hundred years. They strive for things that seem to make sense to them or to leave something mean behind. As you can see for the vast majority it makes sense and for some of this majority it brings joy and fulfillment.

Reactions: sserafim, LifeIsCrazyNemb, Raindancer and 6 others
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
If there is a meaning to my life it is that I have lived and suffered enough from my mental health issues, that now it's time for me to stop existing

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36, Chronicoverwhelm and 2 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I don't get it how anyone sees a point in all that. And I'm sure only a small percentage of 8 billion people lives a happy, peaceful life. Why would you want to work your ass off to die anyway and end up in the exact same place where anyone who just decided to ctb instead of years of going through this pointless nonsense and constant pain.

Reactions: elimliadam, Rakeman, sserafim and 8 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
yeap the end of civilization within 50-100 years due to resource depletion the nearest earth like planet is four light-years away given the fact the nasa parker solar probe traveled at 0.064% the speed of light. It is the fastest object ever built. we would be dead long before we ever reached the other earth like planet

Reactions: callen and sanction
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Yep, welcome to the real world, would you like some tea to accompany you existential dread? I find adding some vanilla helps me dissociate and ignore the pointlessness of it all a bit better.
I would definitely like some tea with it. Do you mind adding in some cream as well, and also EXTRA SUGAR??? Just so it is more sweet, to help balance out the negativity of life. Please and thank you

(and a slice of cake too)

• Yay!
Reactions: thepiecessatup and Abyssal
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, life is pointless. Our death is inevitable anyway and, if we weren't to kill ourselves, we'd probably die during old age and, even if that turns out to be 100 years (which it won't for the majority of people), it's like faster than the blink of an eye when compared to how long the universe has been here for. Hence I don't really understand why people want to prolong other people's lives for as long as possible. They say that, since our death is inevitable anyway, we should wait it out for as long as possible until we die naturally. However, I say that since our death is inevitable anyway, there's no use in prolonging one's life if they want to end it early and hence should get access to a peaceful method

Reactions: Joarga, Hollowman, DEATH IS FREEDOM and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmm, yeah but, would life mean more if you lived forever? Can you imagine how shit life would be without medicine, housing, heating, drinking water, food, music, books, films, games etc? Imagine if everyone stopped doing anything because it was pointless. I mean- honestly, I'm all for the extinction of the human race but- life as it is. If no one bothered to do anything anymore, we'd all be suffering a whole lot more. So, I guess most people simply get by in as painless a way as possible.

Personally, I'm glad our very best inventors, artists, musicians, scientists, athletes, doctors, architects etc. saw a point in what they were doing. Without them, life would be a whole lot worse!

Reactions: UnwillingSavior, Chronicoverwhelm and divinemistress36
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
Hmm, yeah but, would life mean more if you lived forever? Can you imagine how shit life would be without medicine, housing, heating, drinking water, food, music, books, films, games etc? Imagine if everyone stopped doing anything because it was pointless. I mean- honestly, I'm all for the extinction of the human race but- life as it is. If no one bothered to do anything anymore, we'd all be suffering a whole lot more. So, I guess most people simply get by in as painless a way as possible.

Personally, I'm glad our very best inventors, artists, musicians, scientists, athletes, doctors, architects etc. saw a point in what they were doing. Without them, life would be a whole lot worse!
I am aware of how dependent i am on music as my main escapism tool , & how fragile of an existence that is. I remember reading some of arthur
schopenhauer's comments on how he was affected by boredom . Its hard to gauge how much it would affect peoples lives if jobs were taken over
by artificial intelligence & how much boredom would follow after the novelty of not having to work wore off...

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yep, welcome to the real world, would you like some tea to accompany you existential dread?
Actually, drinking tea on a daily basis was recently discovered to be very likely to extend your lifespan so maybe it's not the best idea if one's intention is to live a short life. :ahhha:

• Yay!
Reactions: UnwillingSavior
G

Green_leaf

Nov 5, 2022
Funny thing would be all 8 billion people dead in 100 nanoseconds or less.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
In 100 years from now, all the current 8 billion people that are alive this very moment, will all be dead and gone foever

Of course a very small percentage may live a bit past 100, or maybe by that point, technology will be more advanced and extend life for another 10 or 20 years. But in general, its about the same, since average lifespan right now is around 70-80 years (if you're healthy)

If you look at it from this perspective, how pointless is our daily struggles and constant effort it takes to keep staying alive?? Even all the pro-lifers that suggest you to not CTB, will also be dead

I remember seeing this quote from somewhere "Why are we dying to live, when we're just living to die?"

Life is just so damn pointless, especially with all the endless struggles that come with it
All 8 billion humans alive now will be dead in a 100 years and not existing forever gone forever .I only heard you say this . I thought about it too . Funny how that most basic truth is purposefully hidden and that is proven by the fact u don't hear it. Or in 130 years all 8 billion will be dead gone forever forgotten

The universe itself will die and is expanding into absolute nothingness. 97 % of the universe is already unreachable forever. The universe has always expanded and the expansion is accelerating

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Death is the only comfort to me personally, I find the fact that death will erase everything to be comforting, I envy those who die as they lack the ability to suffer. All that's ideal to me is this existence eternally disappearing into nothingness, for me only the peace of death is desirable.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and ijustwishtodie
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Yes and most of people wants that f..ING species to survive and thrive even though they won't be there to see it (pointless like you said).

And all human being that will live in 100 years are not born and safe in the void. They don't care about us , most of them would choose to stay that way im sure.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Actually, drinking tea on a daily basis was recently discovered to be very likely to extend your lifespan so maybe it's not the best idea if one's intention is to live a short life. :ahhha:

Damnit I love tea and drink it every few days. It doesn't matter if I wanna ctb anyway.

Reactions: sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
As a disclaimer, I still believe suicide is a rational method to end suffering. But if there was technology advanced enough to grant us immortality it could possibly also solve our problems. Imagine a full dive virtual reality heaven that can grant all of your wishes.

Reactions: sserafim and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Are there some higher beings using humans for some purpose, like people using bacteria for fermentation? Then human lives are meaningful. But it only pushes the ultimate question back. Do the higher beings using humans have meanings in their existence. If not, human hard work is only serving meaninglessness.

Reactions: sserafim
Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Nov 1, 2023

"You make your own meaning..."

Platitudes. Pointless platitudes.

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, 4am and 1 other person
L

Lostone47

Jan 7, 2024
I look at it like this too. Have all my life. People always say it's a "depressing" outlook but I prefer to think it's realistic. We are born, work until we can't anymore, then retire to die. What's the fucking point? Whether I die at 31 or 81 either way my existence comes to an end. Just like everyone else who is born.

T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Always annoying when people tell you to give life your own meaning. When you die, your former life has absolutely no connection to you anymore. Why work hard for nothing?

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Not true. When I was in 1st grade, my teacher told me...

tenor.gif

LMFAOOOOOO!

U

Umacon

Jan 20, 2024
Σε 100 χρόνια από τώρα, και τα σημερινά 8 δισεκατομμύρια άνθρωποι που ζουν αυτή τη στιγμή, θα είναι όλοι νεκροί και θα εξαφανιστούν για πάντα

Φυσικά, ένα πολύ μικρό ποσοστό μπορεί να ζήσει λίγο μετά τα 100, ή ίσως μέχρι εκείνο το σημείο, η τεχνολογία θα είναι πιο προηγμένη και θα παρατείνει τη ζωή για άλλα 10 ή 20 χρόνια. Αλλά σε γενικές γραμμές, είναι περίπου το ίδιο, καθώς η μέση διάρκεια ζωής αυτή τη στιγμή είναι περίπου 70-80 χρόνια (αν είστε υγιείς)

Αν το δεις από αυτή την οπτική γωνία, πόσο άσκοποι είναι οι καθημερινοί μας αγώνες και η συνεχής προσπάθεια που χρειάζεται για να παραμείνουμε ζωντανοί;; Ακόμη και όλοι οι υπέρμαχοι της ζωής που σας προτείνουν να μην κάνετε CTB, θα είναι επίσης νεκροί

Θυμάμαι ότι είδα αυτό το απόσπασμα από κάπου "Γιατί πεθαίνουμε για να ζήσουμε, όταν απλώς ζούμε για να πεθάνουμε;"

Η ζωή είναι τόσο άσκοπη, ειδικά με όλους τους ατελείωτους αγώνες που την συνοδεύουν
Υou are so right! That's why I will CTB sooner or later

Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and sanction
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023

It's all just copium though.

The more effort we put into developing our pointless existence, the more we struggle with letting go of it or accepting how futile it all is... even someone studying to become a brain surgeon, how many people are they actually going to save during their career and does the universe even give a crap if those people live or die? Certainly it has almost no effect on whether our species survives. But yet, if your friend told you they were going to dedicate their life to fixing people's brains... most people would think, wow what a great thing to do. Your life has such great meaning and purpose... but does it really? To those small number of people you help, I guess it does. And for you, I'm sure your profession is very interesting and you feel very important.... but in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty much irrelevant.

They'll die anyway of something else, and most people will just be forgotten. When you walk through a cemetery, does it matter if some of those people had life saving brain surgery during their life? lol

That's just one random example. Sorry, I'm just rambling...

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Source on that? AGI is going to give us all immortality. That's the only reason I'm not killing myself right now - wait a few years, and technological singularity will come.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's all just copium though.

The more effort we put into developing our pointless existence, the more we struggle with letting go of it or accepting how futile it all is... even someone studying to become a brain surgeon, how many people are they actually going to save during their career and does the universe even give a crap if those people live or die? Certainly it has almost no effect on whether our species survives. But yet, if your friend told you they were going to dedicate their life to fixing people's brains... most people would think, wow what a great thing to do. Your life has such great meaning and purpose... but does it really? To those small number of people you help, I guess it does. And for you, I'm sure your profession is very interesting and you feel very important.... but in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty much irrelevant.

They'll die anyway of something else, and most people will just be forgotten. When you walk through a cemetery, does it matter if some of those people had life saving brain surgery during their life? lol

That's just one random example. Sorry, I'm just rambling...

It is exactly that, yes- copium. I prefer to feel like I can cope rather than not! But true- it has the downside of creating attachments that are then upsetting to break.

If you've ever been in severe physical pain- you become immensely grateful to the scientists who formulated pain killers, the doctors that prescribe them and the surgeons who- hopefully provide a longer term solution. If you haven't lost close family members early in their and your lives- again I'd say- it's very different when it affects you personally.

Sure- nothing any of us does likely does anything but help the human race or try and ammend the damage we have already done. And I agree with you- I'm not madly keen on the human race! Still- it works both ways. Do you think assisted suicide will come about because the majority of us spend our time whinging on a forum? No- it will be because more proactive and prochoice members of our race campaigned for it and discussed it in government. I don't think this world would become any better if everyone went NEET!

Me? No- I know I'm not important! The world as a whole would be better off without my kind of work in fact. It really isn't very sustainable. Plus, I'm not even that great at it! I'm still grateful for it though. I'm grateful when I can earn my crust from something I enjoy doing- call me crazy... But God no- there are much more important jobs out there.

Much more important people too. That again tends to be a personal thing though. My Mum was quite an ordinary person in terms of career/achievement but- when she died aged 40 of cancer, so many people grieved her because she was kind and nice. Would it have made a difference to us if her shitty doctor had been better at his job and diagnosed her in time? Yes. Maybe a tiny difference in the grand scheme of things but it's a pretty strong and independent person who experiences either bereavement or intense physical pain themselves and thinks- it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things! Out of curiosity- have you experienced either?

Reactions: sserafim and Captive_Mind515
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
It is exactly that, yes- copium. I prefer to feel like I can cope rather than not! But true- it has the downside of creating attachments that are then upsetting to break.

If you've ever been in severe physical pain- you become immensely grateful to the scientists who formulated pain killers, the doctors that prescribe them and the surgeons who- hopefully provide a longer term solution. If you haven't lost close family members early in their and your lives- again I'd say- it's very different when it affects you personally.

Sure- nothing any of us does likely does anything but help the human race or try and ammend the damage we have already done. And I agree with you- I'm not madly keen on the human race! Still- it works both ways. Do you think assisted suicide will come about because the majority of us spend our time whinging on a forum? No- it will be because more proactive and prochoice members of our race campaigned for it and discussed it in government. I don't think this world would become any better if everyone went NEET!

Me? No- I know I'm not important! The world as a whole would be better off without my kind of work in fact. It really isn't very sustainable. Plus, I'm not even that great at it! I'm still grateful for it though. I'm grateful when I can earn my crust from something I enjoy doing- call me crazy... But God no- there are much more important jobs out there.

Much more important people too. That again tends to be a personal thing though. My Mum was quite an ordinary person in terms of career/achievement but- when she died aged 40 of cancer, so many people grieved her because she was kind and nice. Would it have made a difference to us if her shitty doctor had been better at his job and diagnosed her in time? Yes. Maybe a tiny difference in the grand scheme of things but it's a pretty strong and independent person who experiences either bereavement or intense physical pain themselves and thinks- it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things! Out of curiosity- have you experienced either?

Pain & loss, yes I've experienced them. I'm not a rock. I do have feelings.

I guess I just think our efforts to make life more comfortable/palatable don't really work. It's like a stupid game of whack-a-mole… we use our clever monkey brains to resolve one problem, and then another 5 pop up to replace them. Just look at how society is going, suffering of some flavour just seems to be baked into this game.

Because we act like we have the answers to everything and we're in control, this leads to many people in society having a very unrealistic view of their lives. (Particularly young people) And when reality finally hits them with some horrible predicament, they are mentally unprepared for this because bad shit wasn't supposed to happen, it was unexpected or bad luck… but it's not bad luck, it's the reality of our existence. Bad shit is happening to people every second of the day, but yet society tells us it's just some anomaly or misfortune.

We should be told the unvarnished truth from very early in life. We should stop sugar coating our existence, and face up to reality as a species. Your life has no objective meaning and it's full of needless suffering. Still happy to continue? Yeh or nay? Okay, here's your peaceful pill and the exit is over there… have a nice day!

But instead, we get sold a bunch of lies and brainwashed from birth. And kept here as prisoners.

• Love
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, reclaimedbynature and Forever Sleep