D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
on major usa news channels, 'Not made on this earth': Top-secret Pentagon UFO task force reportedly expected to reveal some findings

the rumor says it is a ufo craft or material,

i hope the aliens abduct me,,,

• Love
Reactions: puppy9 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The Pentagon has all but admitted to it in the last few years and it barely even made the news.

Tenor 25
Tenor 24

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, waterbottleman, Fragile and 1 other person
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
yes trueeee

i really hope that the official change of handling ufo matters by the US is related to some upcoming threat, and really hope that covid was a test put by those in control, somehow to see how world governments follow international guidelines, an example wld be how every human on the planet was mandated by local authorities to wear a mask or carry one... when the aliens come may be the world wld turn to be more authoritarian, all in all i just wanna be abducted , another way for me to escape...

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Lol those top secret security agencies are a bunch of children playing at spacemen.
Nearest star system is Proxima Centuri at 5.2 light years, a journey of tens of thousands of years.
Beyond that, the distances become unimaginable.
Space is big. Really big. Bigger than any of us can conceive. Even astrophysicists don't really grasp the magnitude of the universe because they have no realistic or relatable frame of reference.
Just numbers.
Any intelligent life capable of space flight would have to resist the evolutionary imperative to manipulate it's environment to the point of self destruction.
Then it would have to develop technology to traverse massive distances taking many thousands of years, without any guarantee it would even find anything at the other end.
And it would have to find a power source capable of traversing phenomenal distances for tens or hundreds of thousands of years, which descendents of the original astronauts would be capable of sustaining for countless generations.
Well, either that or 'hyperspace' or 'warp drive' or 'wormholes.' And whilst there are retrofitted theoretical scenarios for these scifi ideas... yeah, right.
But, who knows, maybe there are aliens.
After all...Basingstoke.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and dieornottodie
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
I'm going to summarize a lifetime of research and exploration into the subject into two sentences. "Aliens" (if you want to call them that) have been such a consistent part of recorded human history that they have probably been here the entire time. In fact, they might have even had a hand in the Earth's creation. Feel free to ask questions.

Reactions: faraway_beach
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I strongly oppose the idea of LGM, little green men. All representations of aliens are painfully humanlike, which is a big problem because they show just how limited we are in our understanding of the world we inhabit.

Our definition of life might not be what life is like in the universe. We cannot use our definitions about life on Earth to theorize about life in general. We simply cannot safely generalize to all life from one example we observed on our planet.

My belief is that the universe is teeming with life, but not in the way we envisage it.

I don't think aliens visit us on spaceships. And I most definitely to not believe the governments are all involved in some massive cover up.

There is ongoing research (interdisciplinary combining philosophy and astrobiology) which aims to find ways to theorize about alien life, free from traditional definitions describing Earth life. I'm currently reading Carol Cleland's research on the topic. Fascinating!

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Fragile
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Just don't look to N.A.S.A. for answers. You'll get Never A Straight Answer.

• Love
Reactions: Fragile
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
NASA is sending rovers to Mars and landing on asteroids. If there's one place I put my trust in, it's them. And the ESA. And CERN. And science in general. Amen.
Just don't look to N.A.S.A. for answers. You'll get Never A Straight Answer.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Well if we can't get off the planet in the next few generations, humanity is fucked.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Well if we can't get off the planet in the next few generations, humanity is fucked.

Man, I was born either too early or too late.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Here's a couple interesting videos covering the subject of aliens:

Basically there are a number of reasons explaining why aliens are so hard to prove the existence of despite the odds of them being out there being so high. I feel like unless the Pentagon reveals an actual specimen then people are still going to have their doubts as to their existence. Even if they like have a corpse or something people could still accuse it of being a forgery meant to serve as a distraction... Maybe they'd have to make their physical presence known to everyone first.

Reactions: Sinai Silence, Fragile and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yes sorry, to expand on my previous post... I've no doubt aliens exist. The idea that they don't in such a huge universe is unthinkable. I just think they will wipe themselves out long before they would be capable of interstellar flight.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/posts/749628/
If they actually made it past that point and developed such remarkably advanced technology to overcome the overwhelmingly preposterous issues involved with interstellar travel, then they would be advanced and wise in ways we could not fathom. That such creatures would be in collusion with the Trump administration...well...er... I'll just leave that one there. :blarg:

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I really don't think that aliens or any space entity has ever visited us, or at least not in the way we think of it. but the idea of a civilization so advanced that they managed to 'beat' physics through technology and accomplished interstellar travel is deeply interesting to me. It's completely unthinkable to believe that we are alone in the vastness of the universe.

What's really interesting are the reasons why a civilization would want to visit other worlds. especially now that us humans are experiencing so many issues here on earth to the point that some people are looking to the stars in hopes of a new home world, maybe some day when this earth becomes truly uninhabitable some groups of humans may depart on a journey to find a new earth-like planet and then we'll become aliens to some other less advanced species.

The saddest part is that we'll never know for sure that they exist, our lives are too short and we are probably thousands of years from being able to travel even outside of our solar system, let alone to distant stars that are at an unimaginable distance from here.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I really don't think that aliens or any space entity has ever visited us, or at least not in the way we think of it. but the idea of a civilization so advanced that they managed to 'beat' physics through technology and accomplished interstellar travel is deeply interesting to me. It's completely unthinkable to believe that we are alone in the vastness of the universe.

What's really interesting are the reasons why a civilization would want to visit other worlds. especially now that us humans are experiencing so many issues here on earth to the point that some people are looking to the stars in hopes of a new home world, maybe some day when this earth becomes truly uninhabitable some groups of humans may depart on a journey to find a new earth-like planet and then we'll become aliens to some other less advanced species.

The saddest part is that we'll never know for sure that they exist, our lives are too short and we are probably thousands of years from being able to travel even outside of our solar system, let alone to distant stars that are at an unimaginable distance from here.
It may be because they have no choice. We are currently racing headlong into that position. Mars is our only hope within the next millennium. I still suspect interstellar travel will take sci-fi level physics busting technology.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
It may be because they have no choice. We are currently racing headlong into that position. Mars is our only hope within the next millennium. I still suspect interstellar travel will take sci-fi level physics busting technology.

The scariest part is that the possibility of interstellar space travel being downright impossible is not unthinkable, So future humans may have to deal with that reality even if mars is suitable for colonization.

Who knows how far will we advance as a species, and why we haven't been visited. Maybe life, and even intelligent life is not rare at all in the universe, but maybe there are some obstacles that can't be crossed by life.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
True. For all our hubris, looking out into the sky, we really do know buggerall. It's entirely possible life on this world was seeded by extraterrestrial microbes from some space junk impact. And ofc people are fond of the alien astronauts idea. It's not an unreasonable scenario, but the archaeological evidence doesn't support it, and due to lack of evidence to the contrary it's convincing for some to believe if the information is retrofitted by confirmation bias.
Personally, I just can't see any race advanced enough to conquer the astronomical problems (literally!) involved in interstellar flight to then muck about with a bunch of semi-evolved primates busy shitting in their own back yard.
And I suspect the practical obstacles are just too great for any species to travel such inconceivable distances.
Although, I did study crop circles for a bit for fun, and there really aren't any convincing arguments for some of their formation. They DO look like communication. Sometimes I wonder if our pan-galactic aliens are just messing with us. :hihi: Maybe they are just buzzing us, like the HHGTTG said: flying around in saucers wearing funny masks and doing what people expect of aliens.:blarg:

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Maybe they're throwing popcorn at the apes in the zoo? I gave up on aliens a few years ago, too much "alien space brothers" and all the rest of the mantras just got old.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
There is nothing inside me worth probing so I think I'm safe

Reactions: dieornottodie
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What is it with the butt probes anyway? I mean...why? They have the technology to fly half way across the galaxy and yet they learn about you by sticking a probe up your arse? :shy::O:blarg:

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Cool Worlds is a good resource for anyone wondering about life out there. We grew up so terrified of being stupidly self-centered that we assumed life cannot be rare (though distances are too big for contact). Life might be extremely rare after all, because the odds are so small that they can overwhelm the big numbers of how many galaxies, etc. there are. Even if life is not rare, intelligent life takes so long to evolve that it has a tiny window before its birth planet dies.

Consider us, even. Life appeared almost instantly here. We are in the Goldilocks zone in our solar system, have an extraordinarily 'quiet' sun and the solar system is also in the Goldilocks zone in our galaxy. We had incredible luck to collide with Thea, get our moon, a little kick to our rotation speed and therefore a stronger magnetic field. We had incredible luck to have Jupiter to attract the space junk (though the last point recently came under discussion). However, intelligent life probably would have never evolved on our planet if a space rock didn't hit one of the rare spots of volatile rock, which compounded its impact and wiped out most life. Yup, the dinosaurs.

That is, all the amazing luck Earth had was nothing if not for one unlikely destruction event. Still, we will look for intelligent life because what if?

Reactions: XYZ
Zorya

Zorya

Aug 21, 2020
Sleep paralyisis, there have never been any "UFO" abductions. Check the Interet for declassified photos of "UFO's" which were just government experiments.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I believe Aliens have been to Earth but we can't see them as they come from a different dimension.

A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
As much as I'd love for that footage to be an alien UFO, I've decided to lean on the more skeptical side of things that it's either some unexplained naturally occurring atmospheric phenomenon that requires further research and further documentation to fully understand, or it's completely fake video the pentagon made to try and distract people from the various war crimes they and the CIA are involved in. Not like they really need to hide them since it's public information and nobody seems to give a damn but maybe they're just covering bases.

Reactions: dieornottodie