naomewki

naomewki

my exp is zero...
Dec 20, 2023
hi everyone, i have a small question, so ive never had alcohol before (i can't legally drink) but when i looked at a lot of my mother's medications they have risks of "interactions with alcohol" it's suggested to not drink alcohol while on the medication, but when i look into why it doesn't really go into detail why or it sounds more like it could affect thinking rather than be fatal?

is alcohol more likely to kill me combined with the medications? or will it just have negative psychological interactions? and if it is more likely to kill me how much exactly would kill me, i want it to be faster so that's why i was thinking of taking several medications but im not sure if it will just make me drunk and then the medication will kill me solely?

if anyone knows anything about medications i would really appreciate talking together about some of them because i don't really know much about these things but i think medication might be easier than jumping from somewhere because i can't find anywhere to jump

edit: also it's okay if you guys don't have all of the information im trying to talk to chatgpt about it as well i think i can try to piece it together so any information at all is welcomed

Last edited:
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
Mostly likely the interactions are warning of impairment, drowsiness, dizziness, don't operate heavy equipment, etc..
I can't say for every drug, but usually it's not warning about fatality from simply taking both together.
Chatgtp is an always incomplete large language model, I would not trust it for anything serious.

Reactions: LunarLight
MentalFuneral

MentalFuneral

You can have it all. My empire of dirt.
Sep 11, 2024
A lot of the time its just because it affects how the medication itself works, not because its more likely to kill you

naomewki

naomewki

my exp is zero...
Dec 20, 2023
Mostly likely the interactions are warning of impairment, drowsiness, dizziness, don't operate heavy equipment, etc..
I can't say for every drug, but usually it's not warning about fatality from simply taking both together.
Chatgtp is an always incomplete large language model, I would not trust it for anything serious.
is there any other sources that might be better? i don't think i can ask alot here except general questions because i might be banned,,

verdedefome

verdedefome

Oct 9, 2024
Do not try to OD on OTC or even prescription medications, you should probably read the "non-methods that should not be attempted" pinned thread. The chances of death from OTC/prescription meds is extremely low, and can lead to permanent organ damage, if it does kill you it'll be slow and and painful. The interactions with alcohol depends entirely on the medication, it might just interfere with the medication and make it not work, it might be mild or it might be bad like organ damage, but it won't lead to death, at least not from the mixture.

Reactions: babouflo201223
naomewki

naomewki

my exp is zero...
Dec 20, 2023
Do not try to OD on OTC or even prescription medications, you should probably read the "non-methods that should not be attempted" pinned thread. The chances of death from OTC/prescription meds is extremely low, and can lead to permanent organ damage, if it does kill you it'll be slow and and painful. The interactions with alcohol depends entirely on the medication, it might just interfere with the medication and make it not work, it might be mild or it might be bad like organ damage, but it won't lead to death, at least not from the mixture.
when you say OTC/prescription medications does that include those labelled as controlled substances or no?

landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
You must be hurting to consider this. Trying to OD on just about any type of medication will not work and can leave you alone with organ damage. Do you maybe feel like sharing why you want to ctb?

verdedefome

verdedefome

Oct 9, 2024
when you say OTC/prescription medications does that include those labelled as controlled substances or no?
Yes, that's what I mean by prescription medication, this is just a rule of thumb but seriously don't try to OD on meds.
EDIT: To elaborate a bit, generally controlled substances are controlled to prevent "abuse", not really because they're a threat to life. One really needs to study up a lot on drugs to know what they can all do, like a pharmacist, which I haven't done.

Last edited:
naomewki

naomewki

my exp is zero...
Dec 20, 2023
Yes, that's what I mean by prescription medication, this is just a rule of thumb but seriously don't try to OD on meds.
would it be okay if it's the only available way to leave? because i don't really have any other ideas,, it seems like each plan i think if just gets shut down immediately for many reasons and im not sure what else to do
You must be hurting to consider this. Trying to OD on just about any type of medication will not work and can leave you alone with organ damage. Do you maybe feel like sharing why you want to ctb?
it's okay i don't really think it's a good idea or this is the place to vent about things but i will try to look into medication a bit more because i think it's my last option

verdedefome

verdedefome

Oct 9, 2024
I deleted my old message because I messed up something and only half of it came out. Replying again.
would it be okay if it's the only available way to leave? because i don't really have any other ideas,, it seems like each plan i think if just gets shut down immediately for many reasons and im not sure what else to do
No one can decide that for you or direct you on your journey, but it might be better to do some more research with a clear head. I can only emphasize that ODing on meds is a bad idea.
it's okay i don't really think it's a good idea or this is the place to vent about things
this is 100% the place to vent if you're comfortable with doing it, there's a "vent" tag for a reason and you don't even need to use it necessarily, feel free to vent here or to make a vent thread if you want.

naomewki

naomewki

my exp is zero...
Dec 20, 2023
I deleted my old message because I messed up something and only half of it came out. Replying again.

No one can decide that for you or direct you on your journey, but it might be better to do some more research with a clear head. I can only emphasize that ODing on meds is a bad idea.

this is 100% the place to vent if you're comfortable with doing it, there's a "vent" tag for a reason and you don't even need to use it necessarily, feel free to vent here or to make a vent thread if you want.
okay i understand thank you for letting me know i won't do anything with medication... i wish this was easier

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024

naomewki

naomewki

my exp is zero...
Dec 20, 2023
im going to be completely honest- i cant understand most of that thread. but it fails mostly for healthy people i think it says? so if i have preexisting health conditions it should work or it would be a okay method?

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
im going to be completely honest- i cant understand most of that thread. but it fails mostly for healthy people i think it says? so if i have preexisting health conditions it should work or it would be a okay method?
No. It will not work. Don't you at least understand the thread's title?

naomewki

naomewki

my exp is zero...
Dec 20, 2023
No. It will not work. Don't you at least understand the thread's title?
i read past the title and saw most cases that actually work are children or those with pre-existing conditions so i saw it as a exception that could apply to my case

maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Overdoses are overwhelmingly unsuccessful.
Medications not to be used with alcohol are generally alcohol agonists, that is, they make alcohol effects more extreme.
Most prescriptions are actually relatively safe.
I wouldn't try that method as it's doomed for failure & a risk of great bodily harm or disability, furthering ones suffering.
I hope this helps & I'm sorry you're even considering CTB🌹💔

Reactions: LunarLight
naomewki

naomewki

my exp is zero...
Dec 20, 2023
Overdoses are overwhelmingly unsuccessful.
Medications not to be used with alcohol are generally alcohol agonists, that is, they make alcohol effects more extreme.
Most prescriptions are actually relatively safe.
I wouldn't try that method as it's doomed for failure & a risk of great bodily harm or disability, furthering ones suffering.
I hope this helps & I'm sorry you're even considering CTB🌹💔
okay i wont use medications unless i can't find another method because it seems to be my only one and there's a lot of medications but thank you for letting me know