Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
What age do you plan on getting to before you ctb? I was thinking maybe 27, but that feels like way too much. I'm just tired of everything

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence
D

downinjapan

Jul 19, 2020
i am 53. lucky to make it so far as i have been unwell for many years. still, although i have been down, i have experienced things that i am glad i did. you are so young - i hope you can hang in longer. 10 years from now there may be a miracle cure for what you suffer through. i missed my chances in life. you still have time on your side with chances.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Brink, Nymph, Sinai Silence and 7 others
AllThePsychMeds

AllThePsychMeds

Yes, all of them.
May 8, 2019
It's different for everyone, isn't it? Someone born with Tay-Sachs is doomed to a life of pain and will rarely see their 5th birthday. A senior with failing health or cancer has lived a few decades of being young and ambitious but then lived many many more decades of being old, frail, and mourning the deaths of their friends. Then, there's all of us in between. That's a lot of in betweens.

Reactions: LADY007, Sinai Silence, GoneGoneGone and 1 other person
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I'm 24 and I feel like I should've done it years ago, so I probably will soon.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Marauder, NekoNomNom, russian_roulette and 5 others
D

downinjapan

Jul 19, 2020
off topic, but i notice most members signed up here recently in 2020. have seen a couple from 2019 but none earlier. this forum must have seen many people come and go...

• Hugs
Reactions: cassie, Baguette, Nymph and 5 others
laiduponit

laiduponit

sleeping
Jul 2, 2019
Honestly surprised I made it to 20, thought I would've been gone way before making it to 17.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nymph, charlottewilts, Sinai Silence and 3 others
Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
I would say that within the next 30-35 years climate change will REALLY mess us up, so i definitely won't want to be alive for that. I really don't want to be alive for the loss of our natural wonders like polar bears and those tiny island nations white people go to

Even when island nations get flooded and wildfires burn everywhere, 1/2 the world will thinks its fake and/or a secret plot of the other side of the political spectrum to end society. I couldn't ever bear that stupidity either

Reactions: Escape Artist, Abgrundanziehung, Sinai Silence and 1 other person
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
20 lol but I'm gonna be 21 next month :/ should really start to do something

• Hugs
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I was planning on dying years ago, never had a planned max age. But right now I know I need to die before I turn 19 in a few months. I can't stand this anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nymph, Sinai Silence and draw a circle
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Hi Ilias, Well I think life is a tough thing to put a number on. Guess it's really just depends on the individuals health, mindset, and if you think you've given it all you got. Some people might have had a really hard life and be done at 25 and others at 80. Like a woman that took sn at 80 something. For me with what I deal with I'm really sick and tired of this suffering and need to go but I'm still here. I don't have any interest in old age in general especially if you already have things that drag down your quality of life before you even get there. old enough already. If I didn't have anything wrong with me then I would still try to enjoy as many real experiences that I could and see how far I could make it. Whenever that ends and things start falling apart then it would be time to ctb whether that's 50, 60 or later. Unfortunately that isn't the case for me now. Good luck on your road of life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nymph and sadghost
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
If my circumstances were met then I'd be happy to go tomorrow. I should have gone years ago but here I still am at 21.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nymph and charlottewilts
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I would like to go before my 30th birthday which is in a few months.

• Hugs
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Max age ever will be 40. That's when your body starts to break down I think.

• Hugs
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
Ha. 27 is my favorite number. I'm past that though. I have chronic illness and pain and once that becomes too severe to live a decent life, that would be the time for me. Sometimes that feels like days, other times decades.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I had my first serious experiences with suicidal ideation when I was 19. I'm actually really glad I didn't take my life then. I've done so much since then - significant accomplishments, positive relationships, etc. I've had a lot of hardships since then too. Only now have things started to really fall apart and I'm fully aware that the potential for any more good from my life is spent. I have the benefit now of hindsight and maturity. The time wasn't right then, but it really does feel right now.

I know everyone's experience is different, so it's hard to assign age limits, but I would actively discourage young people from ctb. I don't want to over-generalize, but I think at that stage there are systems in place to help you recover and find a path to success and happiness. Being so young, it might be difficult to understand that or cope with everything that's going on, but I do believe there is hope for the young. For those of us who fail at adulting and surviving in society, I think we can approach the decision with more clear-mindedness.

• Love
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
For me personally 27 is the max. I'm way too old to be alive.

Baguette

Baguette

Jun 28, 2020
I would say that within the next 30-35 years climate change will REALLY mess us up, so i definitely won't want to be alive for that. I really don't want to be alive for the loss of our natural wonders like polar bears and those tiny island nations white people go to

Even when island nations get flooded and wildfires burn everywhere, 1/2 the world will thinks its fake and/or a secret plot of the other side of the political spectrum to end society. I couldn't ever bear that stupidity either
Climate change for me is absolutely no part of my reason to ctb, governments have been saying since the 80s that the Arctic would've melted by 2010, then in 2010 it was the Glacier National Park in Canada would be gone in 2020, it's 2020 now and it's still here same as ever.

I'm not denying that climate change is real, I just don't believe it's going to be as bad as everyone claims it is.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I want to die while I'm still 18