SuicideAwaits

SuicideAwaits

Nov 8, 2020
I was placed involuntarily in a psychiatric facility due to a suicide "attempt" (I use that term loosely as I more so practiced hyping myself up in the mirror with a gun to my head and then told my therapist I was planning to CTB that following month).

I'm grateful to have a loving support system who was hurt to hear this but it sucks having to pretend that 5 days in a facility magically cleared up 15+ years of suicidal thoughts. I no longer trust therapy, I can't open up to anyone as they'll know that the treatments didn't work and worry I'll try again. I feel stuck here unless I try again but make it look like an accident.

Y'all are the only ones I can really open up to who understands, thank you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: raindrop9, Ampsvx123, apearl and 4 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Since you weren't in immediate danger your therapist should have worked with you more instead of being trigger-happy. All that accomplished was causing you trauma and completely destroying your trust in the MH system.

C

ctb7767

Dec 4, 2022
I was placed involuntarily in a psychiatric facility due to a suicide "attempt" (I use that term loosely as I more so practiced hyping myself up in the mirror with a gun to my head and then told my therapist I was planning to CTB that following month).

I'm grateful to have a loving support system who was hurt to hear this but it sucks having to pretend that 5 days in a facility magically cleared up 15+ years of suicidal thoughts. I no longer trust therapy, I can't open up to anyone as they'll know that the treatments didn't work and worry I'll try again. I feel stuck here unless I try again but make it look like an accident.

Y'all are the only ones I can really open up to who understands, thank you.
I think it's mainly to remove any liability from your therapist. If you told him that and you went through with it, he would be in big trouble.

SuicideAwaits

SuicideAwaits

Nov 8, 2020
That's true, I don't blame my therapist at all for having me committed. However, now I don't see much of a point of going back to therapy if I can't be open and honest without the possibility of getting committed again, that part kinda sucks.