feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020

I came across this a couple years ago when I was just curious if there were any thoughts on the afterlife when it comes to suicide. Let me preface this by saying I am not religious. If I had to label myself, I guess I lean agnostic. I'm in between thinking nothing at all happens after death and maybe there's something, but I don't know what. But I can firmly say I do not believe in God as depicted in the Bible or any entity really. Curious what others think when viewing this. It was interesting if nothing else. Any thoughts are welcome.

• Love
Reactions: lostangel, Zyntkalla, esse_est_percipi and 4 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
This is an interesting guy.

Okay, let's assume we do have "spirit guides" throughout their lives. I think most people on this site can relate to me if I say that assuming I have "spirit guides" planning out a life for me to achieve great things and stuff, they really truly effed up the whole thing.

And the whole thing with regretting the loved ones grieving you...I think people talking about suicide often simply refuse to understand that some people truly don't have "loved ones" that are going to experience a profound loss over their passing. Yeah, someone will probably get sad about your death for a while no matter who you are. But not everyone has someone who will truly grieve them.

In general the things he says sound like a bunch of antiscientific mumbo-jumbo, but for all we know about afterlife, we might all go to a realm ruled by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so who knows?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, lostangel, Sarahlynn and 3 others
Deleted member 10475

Deleted member 10475

Tired.
Sep 11, 2019
When it comes to this sort of stuff, people should believe whatever will help comfort them and make the thought of death a bit easier to handle, if that makes sense?

I'm choosing to believe when I die, I'll end up in this intense lucid dream where I can live however I want to for eternity. I have no idea if that'll actually happen lol but it's comforting to think about and makes a little at peace.

I'm not really focused on any religion, so I don't think people who commit suicide are treated any differently after death.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, lostangel, Shoopaloopadoop and 5 others
illbehave

illbehave

Sep 1, 2020

I came across this a couple years ago when I was just curious if there were any thoughts on the afterlife when it comes to suicide. Let me preface this by saying I am not religious. If I had to label myself, I guess I lean agnostic. I'm in between thinking nothing at all happens after death and maybe there's something, but I don't know what. But I can firmly say I do not believe in God as depicted in the Bible or any entity really. Curious what others think when viewing this. It was interesting if nothing else. Any thoughts are welcome.

WOW. Very informative.
I was raised Catholic, not practicing currently but have researcher and do pray to Patron Saints of my choosing. St. Max and Dyphma (sp) not well know. I figured the same as he does. Catholic does actually forgive suicide now, SHOCKED! heheh. In certain situations. I am still absorbing this. THANK YOU! I just subscribed to his channel. I always believed I would reunite with my loved spirit family. Family, and like souls. Sounds like he agrees. :)

• Love
Reactions: Homecoming
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
No. I guarantee 100% there is nothing while dead.
How does it feel in order to imagine it?
It feels like a dreamless sleep.
It feels like your memories before you were born.

Reactions: Sarahlynn, purplesmoothie, bigdog and 2 others
illbehave

illbehave

Sep 1, 2020
All the different opinions on here are very enlightening. Thank you all for replying.

Reactions: Homecoming and feast or famine
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I guarantee 100% there is nothing while dead
Hi
You can't guarantee anything 100%..apart from death itself.
How do you know it is just like dreamless sleep if you've never been dead yourself?

When it comes to what consciousness is or what modalities are open to it once the brain stops functioning, you don't know any more than anyone else...unless you have access to some secret information that no one else knows about..

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, purplesmoothie, feast or famine and 3 others
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
Hi
How do you know it is just like dreamless sleep if you've never been dead yourself?

When it comes to what consciousness is or what modalities are open to it once the brain stops functioning, you don't know any more than anyone else...unless you have access to some secret information that no one else knows about..
I expected somebody to give me this very reply.
What are the alternatives?
Tell me.

C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
Hi

to be honest, as Epicurus said. we are just pur bodies. the consciousness is just energy amd memories that are developed as we experience. What happens to the electricity ?? same things happen to our 'consciousness'. There's no soul. it's a concept made up by the ones afraid of eternal abyss.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, Sarahlynn and SipSop
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
my son passed in a car accident almost 3 years ago. Thats why I want to CTB. This being forced to wake up every morning to just have this pain is something I can't continue to do. My first try was when I was 12. I was born into a life of hell. I said when I was about 17 eventually I will succeed. My son just gave me reason to be here for the 25 years he was. His father didn't want him, he was all I had for a long time and I was all he had. I can tell you in this past almost 3years he has been gone I have reached out to mediums. A couple have been beyond accurate including his name and how he left. I do believe there is existence beyond this and it's a much happier one. It was an interesting video. I can agree some of us are born here to try it or succeed at it. I guess I probably had a deep down knowing when I was 12 that my way to happiness wasn't by being here.

• Aww..
Reactions: Secrets1 and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I expected somebody to give me this very reply.
What are the alternatives?
Tell me.
That consciousness continues in some way.
That there is more to reality than just the world we perceive when 'alive'.
Maybe reincarnation.
Maybe something which we cannot even comprehend or articulate.
I don't know.
I'm just saying that I'm not totally closed off to the idea that there might be something more.
to be honest, as Epicurus said. we are just pur bodies. the consciousness is just energy amd memories that are developed as we experience
I don't necessarily agree with epicurus. He lived 2300 years ago. He isn't an authority when it comes to the mystery of consciousness.

You are completely entitled to your views, but here you have just made statements and assumptions without presenting any arguments.

Consciousness is still a mystery for modern science. Neuroscientists still don't even know where to begin when it come to the hard problem of consciousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Secrets1, _Minsk and feast or famine
C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
Watch Westworld. you'll know what i mean

C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
The film?
How does a film prove anything?
We don't have any proofs right?? app we do is thought experiments.
So take the latest series and watch it, How the 'Consciousness' is created. It is simply a bunch of memories and survival instinct. There you have it.

Also google "The Game of Life" it's seemingly sinple rules make it more complex when we push 'run'. Same as that, The cells in pur body do different things, and depend on each other. So are our brains. Thats why, It's very easy to deduce the Consciousness and 'we' are nothing but a bunch of 'programmed' cells coming together to survive. Nothing much.

Otherwise, people are too afraid of 'oblivion' and non Existence. Just as nobody knows what was there before being 'born' like, nothing. There is probably the same thing after we die. And it makes alot of Sense. Even buddhists believe there is no soul.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
We don't have any proofs right?? app we do is thought experiments.
So take the latest series and watch it, How the 'Consciousness' is created. It is simply a bunch of memories and survival instinct. There you have it.

Also google "The Game of Life" it's seemingly sinple rules make it more complex when we push 'run'. Same as that, The cells in pur body do different things, and depend on each other. So are our brains. Thats why, It's very easy to deduce the Consciousness and 'we' are nothing but a bunch of 'programmed' cells coming together to survive. Nothing much.

Otherwise, people are too afraid of 'oblivion' and non Existence. Just as nobody knows what was there before being 'born' like, nothing. There is probably the same thing after we die. And it makes alot of Sense. Even buddhists believe there is no soul.
Sorry, but I don't think pointing to a fictional series proves anything.

I don't think your conclusion about just being a bunch of programmed cells follows.
This is the materialist viewpoint and I understand it.
But consciousness does not seem to be reducible to just neuronal connections and synaptic firings. There is something more fundamental going on, I think.

Reactions: _Minsk
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
That consciousness continues in some way.
That there is more to reality than just the world we perceive when 'alive'.
Maybe reincarnation.
Maybe something which we cannot even comprehend or articulate.
I don't know.
I'm just saying that I'm not totally closed off to the idea that there might be something more.

I don't necessarily agree with epicurus. He lived 2300 years ago. He isn't an authority when it comes to the mystery of consciousness.

You are completely entitled to your views, but here you have just made statements and assumptions without presenting any arguments.

Consciousness is still a mystery for modern science. Neuroscientists still don't even know where to begin when it come to the hard problem of consciousness.
You can still hope.
I just gave you what is for sure at the end of the rope.
We are so fortunate to be born humans.
Think about it. The most advanced species in the known galaxy. How many other species have Apple stores? None.
This time is so advanced and secure in some parts of the planet.
He things is that this is the best life available in the universe. With our capacity to reason and act. Well, not everybody has it good in humab society, we for example. But the argument still stands.
Our awareness is a product of our body functions. When they will stop to function we will be just a pile of meat. Wich we already are. But the fact that life was passed for generations from the beginning of times just for us to be aware of our environment and experience life and possibly pass our genes.
There is nothing beyond this material world. Never was. Never will be.
Be grateful that I told you the truth and I didn't lied to you so you can feel better when you go to sleep. In fact you can appreciate this life better if you know the truth snd perhaps you do not want to die anymore. I know this truth, and still want to die soon. It is best to make this decision based on truth rather than imagination and wishful thinking.
Another thing: don't think you have a superiority complex when you claim that our species has some voodoo energy alternate universe ben 10 aliens or a bearded guy who protects us and cares for us made us and other species don't?
Like seriously, do you really believe that your life is so much importsnt for the universe than the life and awareness of a ant, monkey(wich looks pretty much like us) or fish?
We were lucky to be born humans.
Nobody wanted this.
It just...happened.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi and cyberlordsumit
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
There is nothing beyond this material world. Never was. Never will be.
Be grateful that I told you the truth and I didn't lied to you so you can feel better when you go to sleep
Just blanket assertions. You don't present any convincing arguments.

Do you think that I needed you to tell me the 'truth' so I can go to sleep? I appreciate that you can have your viewpoint, and I respect it, but who do you take yourself to be?

It is best to make this decision based on truth rather than imagination and wishful thinking.
And you suddenly have access to the 'truth', when no one can access the real truth about reality? Even the most up-to-date scientific theories are only approximations to 'reality' and will be superseded one day, and they in turn will be superseded.
Quite a presumption on your part.

don't think you have a superiority complex when you claim that our species has some voodoo energy alternate universe ben 10 aliens or a bearded guy who protects us and cares for us made us and other species don't?
i never made these claims. I just entertain them as possibilities alongside the materialist hypothesis (well, except for the bearded guy one lol)

Like seriously, do you really believe that your life is so much importsnt for the universe than the life and awareness of a ant, monkey(wich looks pretty much like us) or fish?
Again, I never made this claim.

I think that you made your original post on this thread just so you could pounce and reel off your presumptions when someone questioned it, and then accuse others of having an 'superiority complex' when they don't completely agree with your assertions. Perhaps you are the one with a superiority complex, since you assume you have access to the 'truth', and seem so sure of it...?
We were lucky to be born humans.
Nobody wanted this.
It just...happened.
Thanks for your insights.
I was beginning to think the truth would forever elude humanity.
p.s. I don't intend my tone to be mocking or condescending, I'm just trying to be a bit jokey, but there is no ill will towards you.

Last edited:
Reactions: SipSop
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Opinions are only that, opinions. We don't know what happens after, and science and religion can't prove it either way. Believing what feels right to each of us to make us feel better about dying is all well and good, but pushing any belief as fact is ignorance.

Reactions: Secrets1, _Minsk, Joey and 3 others
C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
Opinions are only that, opinions. We don't know what happens after, and science and religion can't prove it either way. Believing what feels right to each of us to make us feel better about dying is all well and good, but pushing any belief as fact is ignorance.
Agreed
that's the reason someone rightly said, the threads go south very fast.
Also,
Eve if there is afterlife, I would wish it is accepting of all the 'souls' amd let's us feel at ease. No Hell or Heaven. Just tranquillity.. To put us at ease. But that's just wishful thinking. I have made my peace with Oblivion, Absolution. So anything goes, I will be prepared.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
Thank you. Theres a lot of evidence for and against afterlife. Depends on which way you look.
Since my son passed I have done a lot of research into the afterlife, seen signs as well as mediums that knew things. For me- I have to believe I am going to be reunited with my son. I mean thats my CTB journey-that destination seeing my son again. The journey is this tortured existence I wake up to everyday. Everyone is allowed to have their beliefs. None of us know for sure as we haven't gone yet.

I had cancer at 18. I had 4 cancer surgeries in a month and landed on life support. I know how I felt when I was slipping away as they wheeled me down the hallway in a rush trying to get blood but they couldn't. Than again I landed on life support in 2013 from respiratory failure from cold germs and emphysema. I only remember waking up-to my son holding my hand. He was 21 than. He lived at home to be there for me due to my health until he passed at 25. I don't remember much prior as docs had me in a medical coma for my lungs to heal. So I'm hoping I landslide with both of my life support experiences-I want to feel how I did at 18 slipping away to wake up to my son.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: feast or famine, Ghost2211 and Brick In The Wall
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Thank you. Theres a lot of evidence for and against afterlife. Depends on which way you look.
Since my son passed I have done a lot of research into the afterlife, seen signs as well as mediums that knew things. For me- I have to believe I am going to be reunited with my son. I mean thats my CTB journey-that destination seeing my son again. The journey is this tortured existence I wake up to everyday. Everyone is allowed to have their beliefs. None of us know for sure as we haven't gone yet.

I had cancer at 18. I had 4 cancer surgeries in a month and landed on life support. I know how I felt when I was slipping away as they wheeled me down the hallway in a rush trying to get blood but they couldn't. Than again I landed on life support in 2013 from respiratory failure from cold germs and emphysema. I only remember waking up-to my son holding my hand. He was 21 than. He lived at home to be there for me due to my health until he passed at 25. I don't remember much prior as docs had me in a medical coma for my lungs to heal. So I'm hoping I landslide with both of my life support experiences-I want to feel how I did at 18 slipping away to wake up to my son.
As a parent I can only imagine the horror of losing a child of any age. My heart goes out to you that you had to endure such a loss. I truly wish we could all be given the comfort of knowing what happens after we die regardless of what it is.

Reactions: Homecoming
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
.s. I don't intend my tone to be mocking or condescending, I'm just trying to be a bit jokey, but there is no ill will towards you.
Well, if you want to know I do appreciate that you said that.
I have nothing against you, nor I want you to feel bad or to to belittle you.
Those were few of my arguments wich sustain my strong conviction on my view point.
There are many things I am uncertain of but on this one I am certain.
I do think that this information is life changing and helps us make better decisions for life or death.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi