• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
Theres this place in BC that some buddhist monks labelled the 'center of the universe'. I always loved BC because of the forests and mountains so I think I might go for a cruise this month and see if I can hike to a peaceful place surrounded by nature. Seems like it would be an ideal place to end it if there's an afterlife.. I hope there is but if there isn't there isn't atleast my body might feed some starving animals instead of rotting away in some dismal graveyard. I personally think that if there is an afterlife its not like anything we can describe with current religions because I dont accept that you're eternally screwed if you dont believe in a certain deity like jesus/Muhammad/budda ect. I Do however like the idea of reincarnation and hope that when I pass on I am given a second chance to learn from my mistakes in this life and actually be the person I was meant to be. It's too late for me now considering my health problems but if I could be given a second chance with a similar upbringing I'd hope that I'd make better choices and not take things for granted.

Reactions: RileyTanaka, Journeytoletgo and alice-jane
LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
Theres this place in BC that some buddhist monks labelled the 'center of the universe'. I always loved BC because of the forests and mountains so I think I might go for a cruise this month and see if I can hike to a peaceful place surrounded by nature. Seems like it would be an ideal place to end it if there's an afterlife.. I hope there is but if there isn't there isn't atleast my body might feed some starving animals instead of rotting away in some dismal graveyard. I personally think that if there is an afterlife its not like anything we can describe with current religions because I dont accept that you're eternally screwed if you dont believe in a certain deity like jesus/Muhammad/budda ect. I Do however like the idea of reincarnation and hope that when I pass on I am given a second chance to learn from my mistakes in this life and actually be the person I was meant to be. It's too late for me now considering my health problems but if I could be given a second chance with a similar upbringing I'd hope that I'd make better choices and not take things for granted.

When you say BC, you mean British Columbia, Canada?

You talk about lots of interesting and mind-exercising things in this post. I definitely would not want reincarnation. I would love a "Butterfly Effect" type of thing where I could go back in this current life to when I was 16 and start from there; and do things differently. But I otherwise would not want another human life. You sound kind of the same way: "be given a second chance with a similar upbringing." I definitely messed up all the best opportunities I had in life as far as love and career.

Reactions: starrvingstar
Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
Yeah I'm Canadian lol, British Columbia is only a days drive from here and its a pretty beautiful one through the mountains.

And yeah given the chance I'd personally go back to when I was five and change alot of things that screwed up my life like not hanging out with certain people and avoiding certain debilitating injuries but time travel isnt available sadly so reincarnation in a similar life would be my favored choice as long as I'm not doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again or forsaken to some limbo/hell for causing my family to suffer and for throwing away this life even though at this point its not really worth suffering through with my health being the way it is now.

Reactions: starrvingstar, RileyTanaka and LookMomImFlying
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I am hoping for nonexistence. Reincarnation can go wrong in so many ways. Plus, the idea of reincarnation just sounds tiring. How many times you are required to reincarnate until you don't need to endure bullshit and can just disappear or become whatever that comes after you stop reincarnating? What is the end goal (I know what some religious teachings say, but they never agree on an end goal)? What could possibly be good enough to justify going through life in this planet full of horrible people so many times? A God? Blah.

Hell/heaven is just a really dumb concept, in my opinion, so I don't give it thought (though I also don't deny the existence of such places... There is no way for me to tell whether they exist or not, after all).

"Butterfly Effect" wouldn't work for me. I want nothing to do with this life.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, alice-jane and LookMomImFlying
Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
I hope that if you die you're given a choice on whether to go on or not. From what I've looked into most religious people say you're doomed to some hell or limbo for committing suicide because its throwing away 'God's gift' or something along those lines but I personally dont believe that because some people suffer horribly and ending it sooner rather than later is a justifiable mercy in my eyes. No one really knows I guess and the people who say they've had near death experiences seem to all have different things happen so maybe having a certain kind of afterlife is a choice or its based on your own personal religious/spiritual views if you have any and if you don't your energy will be transferred to the environment around you regardless according to the first law of thermodynamics.

Reactions: alice-jane
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
God can honestly take His gift and shove it.

But yeah, choice would be ideal. The thing is, ideals never match reality, so it is hard to hope for that. Then again if something such as an afterlife is a thing, "reality" doesn't mean all that much.

Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
Thats why it really doesn't mean much to me anymore, I'd like to think that this life is just a stepping stone for something larger and even if it isn't then so be it... I'm not going to be here to tell you otherwise because I'll just be feeding the worms and fertiziling the roots perpetuating the cycle of life.. and death.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and LookMomImFlying
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I just don't want to be part of anything. Larger or not. Maybe it is just me being narrow-minded, but I find it hard to justify all the pain and suffering on this planet.

But sure, no point in debating.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
The likelihood of any afterlife or reincarnation is exceedingly slim. If you're going to give up this life, make sure you're ok with the high chance that you shall never return in any form.

Reactions: starrvingstar, RileyTanaka and MAIO
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
What if your not reincarnated on earth? What if your reincarnated in a slaughterhouse? As a bird or other non-self aware creatures? In a third world shithole? Caveman era of another intelligent species?

I dont like reincarnation. I could end up anywhere and the thought of that doesnt sit well with me. If i were to get reincarnated it would hopefully be in a first world country again (so i can get N again if things go wrong), or on another planet with another civilized species. Otherwise allow me to ascend to a higher plane of existence (instead of being reincarnated here again).

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and dano6533
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
The likelihood of any afterlife or reincarnation is exceedingly slim. If you're going to give up this life, make sure you're ok with the high chance that you shall never return in any form.
Yep. I always tell myself that its going to happen anyway regardless of whether i suicide or not. So if its nothingness and your life is shit theres still no point in prolonging it. Its not like waiting is going to change the outcome.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and dano6533
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Says you. "The likelihood of any afterlife or reincarnation is exceedingly slim" is nonsense considering you and anyone else has no evidence to support such claim. No one has any proof of what comes after death, if anything other than oblivion comes after it.
What if your not reincarnated on earth? What if your reincarnated in a slaughterhouse? As a bird or other non-self aware creatures? In a third world shithole? Caveman era of another intelligent species?
Agreed. Imagine being born on Africa or some country where life is an absolute irredeemable disgrace. Imagine being born a dung beetle or something worse. Plus, if you choose to believe in reincarnation, you can't arbitrary ignore what the religious teachings that support reincarnation say about the "rules", for a lack of better word. There is no choice, in regards to whether you are born again or not, and in regards to how and when you are reincarnated. The chances of a reincarnation going wrong are too big. I don't want that.

Even if say, you are "lucky" and are reincarnated as a human in a first world country, son or daughter (your choice) of a rich and loving family, while also being pretty... You are still going to live in this overpopulated, over-competitive hell of a planet. Sure, things will be easier for you (if you don't get unlucky and are sexually abused for years by some creepy grandpa or uncle or whatever... see, so many stuff can go wrong and ruin your life), but you are still subject to a lot of bullshit simply by living.

Nonexistence sounds so much more appealing.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I'm not gonna argue this with you again. We know enough to deduce that it's highly unlikely, we know we are biological, material animals, by-products of evolution, and all evidence suggests when we die, we cease to be. Now maybe we're in some matrix, put here by aliens and all this is an illusion. Maybe there are invisible miniture purple pandas flying out of my ass, probably not. Both those scenarios are unlikely enough we can say we know things beyond a reasonable doubt. I have every right to say that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAIO
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I'm not gonna argue this with you again. We know enough to deduce that it's highly unlikely, we know we are biological, material animals, by-products of evolution, and all evidence suggests when we die, we cease to be. Now maybe we're in some matrix, put here by aliens and all this is an illusion. Maybe there are invisible miniture purple pandas flying out of my ass, probably not. Both those scenarios are unlikely enough we can say we know things beyond a reasonable doubt. I have every right to say that.
You guys had an argument about this before? I'd like to read it, what topic?

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Just a very brief one. I don't remember which topic it's in though, sorry.

Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
Idk maybe it's just my choice to be optimistic about my death by hoping that whatever comes after is better than what I am going through currently. My eventual non existence in this form is a given, because everybody dies, but in my opinion it'd be cool if theres some higher realm or new existence where my troubles in this life no longer effect me and I'm given a chance to do things differently.

T

transgenderfailure

Subhuman Creature
Apr 30, 2018
reexperiencing some kind of consciousness seems likely to me, reason for that is because we are experiencing it right now and... idk maybe the universe has to collapse and rearrange it's atoms millions of times before you are born agaim, but we won't even know it took that many times because no time passes when you don't exist... it will be like waking up from a nap, we'll die and wake up in another vessel, thats what I think..

Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
The idea of nothing after death frightens me just as much as the idea of hell/heaven. Atleast with reincarnation theres a chance at a better life

deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
If you were alive in the past century and I told you that you can build virtual worlds using a machine, how can you possibly know that's possible unless someone shows it to you? That's called technology, and we don't have enough to understand things like the creation of the universe. We are barely making progress in our own solar system. What makes you be so certain? Have you seen the next 2000 years? It's something we all ignore. To pretend to understand big problems when we don't understand small ones is absurd.

I am not saying you are wrong, I understand your point of view. But, even if you were right, you cannot assume everyone else is wrong, not until there is more information about our existence. That's why is safe to assume noone is right, choose to believe whatever suits you, other people will do the same. Respect each other, agree to disagree, that's all.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
If you were alive in the past century and I told you that you can build virtual worlds using a machine, how can you possibly know that's possible unless someone shows it to you? That's called technology, and we don't have enough to understand things like the creation of the universe. We are barely making progress in our own solar system. What makes you be so certain? Have you seen the next 2000 years? It's something we all ignore. To pretend to understand big problems when we don't understand small ones is absurd.

I am not saying you are wrong, I understand your point of view. But, even if you were right, you cannot assume everyone else is wrong, not until there is more information about our existence. That's why is safe to assume noone is right, choose to believe whatever suits you, other people will do the same. Respect each other, agree to disagree, that's all.

Again, we know enough, beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't know how many times I have to say that. Some facts, like evolution are highly unlikely to change. Before we understood basic physics, chemistry, yeah, back in 1742 everything about the future would be a bit of a shocker because we didn't understand the basics. We do know the basics now. I'm not claiming we know everything, but we know enough to make very reasonable hypotheses.

Reactions: dano6533, MAIO and Fylobatica
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I can't fathom why someone (suicidal, on top of everything) would desire for afterlife, to keep consciously existing. One life offers more than enough suffering and it is hard to believe an "afterlife" would be any better than this (in particular for people who kill themselves).

Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
Well I may be about to find out. Adios

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I can't fathom why someone (suicidal, on top of everything) would desire for afterlife, to keep consciously existing. One life offers more than enough suffering and it is hard to believe an "afterlife" would be any better than this (in particular for people who kill themselves).
I was thinking another dimension. Either that or a higher plane of existence. Something thats completely different from this place. Thats wishful thinking though. I definitely dont want to come back here again thats for certain. Ill take nothingness over coming back to this universe again.

I have a bad feeling about after death to be honest. Could be the pessimists in me but i think we might be going somewhere just as bad or worse than here.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
If I believed I was going to eternal paradise after I died by suicide I would do it in a heartbeat. It would bring alot of comfort to me. Believe is not a choice though.

starrvingstar

starrvingstar

suicidal anorexic
Apr 9, 2023
enjoy this life to the fullest you might aswell live it out if you want to be reincarnated, think of your ideal future and what you need to overcome to achieve it.