ctbgurl

ctbgurl

Jan 24, 2023
I used to be religious as I was born into two separate religions and grew up around them. I always seemed to favor one over the other, (luciferianism) but now all I'm hoping for after death is nothing. I don't want to be responsible for anything or anyone, I don't want to associate or converse with people either after death, because then it's not really "death" is it?

Does anyone get what I mean? I just want it to be a little game over with eternal darkness attached to it, nothing more.

• Hugs
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, Shivali and Illidan77
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I feel exactly the same. I was brought up to believe all my dead family members are now in heaven. I used to long to see them again. Truthfully though- I don't even want that now. Like you say- surely- that's just more living? If it's living without the umpleasant bits- surely that means a change to our characters- to some extent- in which case- are we really 'us' anymore? Nah- I'm done- I don't want anything more.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CrappyMJ, Jarni, ctbgurl and 1 other person
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
yeah i get what you mean, it would be a lot easier if i can believe there's no afterlife..

Xisalittletired

Xisalittletired

Knee-deep in the poacher's dream
Feb 17, 2023
Wow, somehow never even thought about the possibility of - what if there is life after death. Scary. I agree with @Forever Sleep, if everything is supposed to be nice and happy in heaven, surely we will also change. I hate the thought of losing my character and personality just to be some happy-go-lucky pos. The bad parts of life is what gives most people their personalities. Without them, wouldn't we just be lost and confused? Just mindless robots who all think the same? I always thought that Heaven sounded boring, but this just makes it 10x more daunting. I also would love if there was nothing left after death.

• Love
Reactions: Grayfield and Forever Sleep
K

kkwy

Sep 19, 2022
We can only guess what it will be like. I was never religious, but I'd also prefer a void. But whatever it is, it can only be better than the present state.

• Love
Reactions: ctbgurl
ctbgurl

ctbgurl

Jan 24, 2023
Yes, I feel exactly the same. I was brought up to believe all my dead family members are now in heaven. I used to long to see them again. Truthfully though- I don't even want that now. Like you say- surely- that's just more living? If it's living without the umpleasant bits- surely that means a change to our characters- to some extent- in which case- are we really 'us' anymore? Nah- I'm done- I don't want anything more.
couldn't have worded this better

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Of course I wish to just simply cease to exist. The thought of such a thing comforts me and just sounds so incredibly ideal. I've never wanted anything to do with existing in this world, it's a curse to have the ability to be conscious and aware. Only death can remove all concerns and worries, solve all problems and is the solution for me to be free from suffering.

Life is nothing more than a tragic mistake that never needed to exist, and I view non existence as being perfection, I very strongly believe that we just cease to exist after this with not even the awareness that we are dead, I believe that the idea of there being anything else after this is just a fictional concept invented by people who were unable to come to terms with the true insignificant nature of existence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos at Feast
Chaos at Feast

Chaos at Feast

this degenerate little town
Jan 23, 2023
I sure hope there is nothing after this life. The only real dream I have is to have no more dreams.

Purely scientifically speaking there's no evidence dead things go on living after death — they die and they decompose into organic components that return into the life-cycle of this planet. My fear is that those components will at some point in the future return to the same configuration and create me again 😱 Kind of aligns with my fear of eternal return, but I'd rather not think of that too much.
In a way, I'm comforted by the fact that so many people believe in life after death, as if they nerveously fear the alternative. The massive civilizational inability to deal with death suggests to me their true beliefs, that nothing is what really awaits us.

alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
There's no way to tell, but I sure hope it's nothing at all.