I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
All these claims about gaining unconsciousness after 10 to 30 seconds seem false.

I tried with positioning the noose just below the chin and also the recommended positioning of suicide.wiki (2 fingerwidths below the adam's apple).

I'm too scared or too impatient to try other methods. I want to die now and not risk anything (being found, stopped, brought to psych ward).

I wish I was living in a highrise building, i just can't bring the energy and courage up to drive to a high bridge. Way too scared.

Sodium Nitrite is almost impossible to obtain from Germany and even if I could get it, it wouldn't arrive tonight or tomorrow.

My only hope is stealing my parent's car at night and drive to the high bridge near my place (Müngstener Brücke, Germany). But so far I've always stopped thinking that way when I thought about walking the last few hundred meters on to the bridge. I'm too scared I might just back out and then I'm there having stolen my parent's car and I don't know what happens then.

WHY is this so complicated, why doesn't society offer a simple way to ctb. I don't get it, other people must have been in the same situation for centuries. Are we the only ones suffering on this planet? I just don't get it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ybother, sadworld, DFFP and 11 others
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
No your certainly not the one suffering. There's 15 thousand people on this site suffering like you. The partial hanging is really hard. You have to be very determined.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sadworld, Sunset764 and 2 others
I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
@clayp What do you think about the claims of gaining unconsciousness after 10 to 30 seconds and 3kg weight on the carotid?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
I've know at least 3 celebrities that did it like that, and they also put a towel under the belt or rope, whatever you are using to not leave marks and don't make it that painful.

I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
I've know at least 3 celebrities that did it like that, and they also put a towel under the belt or rope, whatever you are using to not leave marks and don't make it that painful.

Like, it's not the rope that is painful on the neck. It's this "exploding head" feeling that is painful after a few seconds. And when applying less weight to avoid the "exploding head" feeling, I can wait for minutes and nothing happens.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've not tried actual hanging yet but I can just about make myself pass out by wrapping something round my neck and pulling tight. I start to lose consciousness and end up letting go before I pass out.

Reactions: sasshimi, Sunset764, Ghost2211 and 2 others
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
Like, it's not the rope that is painful on the neck. It's this "exploding head" feeling that is painful after a few seconds. And when applying less weight to avoid the "exploding head" feeling, I can wait for minutes and nothing happens.
I know what you mean, I've tried that myself, and stopped it because of the head about to explode.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Sunset764 and IcyBat
I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
I've not tried actual hanging yet but I can just about make myself pass out by wrapping something round my neck and pulling tight. I start to lose consciousness and end up letting go before I pass out.

But you never actually passed out that way before? How can you be sure you'd pass out if you continued?

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I can't be 100% sure but I can feel myself fading without that exploding head feeling.

• Hugs
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I was once about to loss consciousness in few seconds during partial but I quickly stand up on the chair and loosen the rope. But it was partial near to full (only my foot fingers were touching the ground). I think if you intended to use partial in the future do it like this. Or you could do full suspension, its what I'm going to use.

Im not encouraging you to suicide but just giving little advice on methods.

Reactions: Caenis1999 and Deleted member 4993
I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
It's also difficult for me to find a spot for full suspension. I thought about going to the forest, but I'd have to carry a chair with me which could be risky because even at night time there is a chance people see me on my way to the forest.

But I'm also extremely scared to do full suspension because I know it will be painful for at least 1 minute. I know, 1 minute compared to the suffering I have to encounter right now doesn't seem much, but the brain is extremely irrational here.

• Hugs
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

I think it's a matter of physiology, the cartoids are buried too deep. I have the same issue. If you read the hanging megathread, you'll see this problem comes up for a lot of people.

Reactions: IcyBat
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
@clayp What do you think about the claims of gaining unconsciousness after 10 to 30 seconds and 3kg weight on the carotid?
There's some YouTube videos where you see people partially doing that experiment under doctors supervision to document it. Maybe take a look at it, in the video it does look very easy though.

I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
There's some YouTube videos where you see people partially doing that experiment under doctors supervision to document it. Maybe take a look at it, in the video it does look very easy though.

What is your search query to find those videos? "partially suspended hanging"?

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You might search YouTube for bjj colar chokes and note the placement of the lapels. A blood choke properly applied can result in unconsciousness in as little as 5 seconds. While you may be having difficulty with partial hanging, it absolutely CAN work.

Reactions: IcyBat
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
When you're trying partial how much pressure are you putting, and on what part of your neck? If you're getting the head exploding feeling you're only compressing veins.

Reactions: sadworld and IcyBat
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
They say 2 fingers below Adams apple but the rope automatically goes up towards the jaw line once you tighten the noose. Its bloody hard too do. Ive tried loads of times. If the powers that be knew how much pain were in they'd legalise euthanasia instead of us trying to succeed in gruesome difficult methods.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and IcyBat
I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
They say 2 fingers below Adams apple but the rope automatically goes up towards the jaw line once you tighten the noose. Its bloody hard too do. Ive tried loads of times. If the powers that be knew how much pain were in they'd legalise euthanasia instead of us trying to succeed in gruesome difficult methods.

It'd be also cheaper for society. All I'm doing is consume, I don't work or produce anything.

Somehow I think the nazis were more ethical than people today, at least they killed most of the people. I don't know if they put people on something comparable to suicide watch in concentration camps or just killed them if they didn't work or didn't comply. If they actually prevented people from suicide to let them suffer longer, I'd revise my statement.

But even if they did that, today people are in prison for 40 years or longer, the nazis didn't even rule that long...

I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
Have you tested sudden bp drop? Find the pulse and make sure the rope puts pressure there. Leave the pressure there for a bit then stand up quickly releasing the pressure. Sanding up and the blood leaving the head quickly can cause a sudden drop of blood pressure in the head and loss of consciousness which would make the rope tighten when the person falls. I understands the science of this but have not gotten to practice it. If you want to test this do it with the noose not tied off and not a slip knot so you know how your body will react and how long you will pass out.

I'll try that.

I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
This could be the problem. I experimented with hanging a lot in recent times. Every time I tried the partial method I failed because of the feeling you describe. I overcame it by doing two things, placing the rope high on my neck, below my chin and switching to full suspension. In my view, partial hanging is an impractical waste of time.

I'm too scared of the pain from full suspension. Especially scared to scream and being found too early as a result of that.

CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I'm too scared of the pain from full suspension. Especially scared to scream and being found too early as a result of that.
Scared? I feel you my friend. I'm scared too but I guess I'm more scared of what happens if I don't ctb.

I did a stupid experiment sometime back. I tied a long noose to a rafter. I then placed two chairs facing each other just below the noose. Standing on one chair, I placed the noose around my neck and released my foothold. I intended to test the quickness of full suspension but I knew it was a mistake immediately.

The pressure on my neck was incredible. I started to black out fast and it took all my willpower to step on the front chair, grab the rope and pull myself to a standing position. I then took off the noose and collapsed to the ground, hitting my head on one of the chairs. If it hadn't been for sheer blind luck, I'd have blacked out in about 10 seconds and died. It was swift, strangely painless and really dumb.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SuicideM4n, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Ghost2211
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
I think the cartorid artery splits off into two after the Adams apple. Need too try and get the pressure below the Adams apple.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I think the cartorid artery splits off into two after the Adams apple. Need too try and get the pressure below the Adams apple.
For me the pulse is at the hight of where Adam's Apple would be, and can be felt slightly above. It seems it's a bit different for each person.

Reactions: Metalhead
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Anyone hoping for God miracle as a final chance for life? I want to give God 4 days to solve my main problem. If I'm saved then I swear I will give my life to him (be a monk or anything he wants). If nothing happens then I will suicide knowing for sure that there is no hope for me.
For me the pulse is at the hight of where Adam's Apple would be, and can be felt slightly above. It seems it's a bit different for each person.
My pulse is stronger above Adams apple but I think this is where the artery splits in both directions.

Reactions: Metalhead
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I really wish I could experiment with this first hand, but man would that be awkward to explain to those around me.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
@GreenTree

You quoted some post I made in another thread lol

Last edited:
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Really? So you agree with me that the artery splits.
They do split but that happened before the Adam apple (you can feel two separate pulses at the bottom of the neck).
It's also difficult for me to find a spot for full suspension. I thought about going to the forest, but I'd have to carry a chair with me which could be risky because even at night time there is a chance people see me on my way to the forest.

But I'm also extremely scared to do full suspension because I know it will be painful for at least 1 minute. I know, 1 minute compared to the suffering I have to encounter right now doesn't seem much, but the brain is extremely irrational here.
If you do it right (you have high chance of doing it right) then you will loss consciousness within few seconds. If you aren't found you will be dead between 15-30 minutes.

Last edited:
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I really wish I could experiment with this first hand, but man would that be awkward to explain to those around me.
Are you referring to your family? I have one too, I had to travel to another town for my experiments.