ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
What the title says

Working contributes a lot to my suicidality. I don't deal with stress well and I'm quite low iq, so prestigious well paying jobs are off limits to me. Ctbing honestly seems like a better option than having to work jobs that stress me out and jobs I can barely tolerate and jobs that pay barely enough for me to be able to afford necessities for the rest of my life.

I know a lot of people are in the same situation or in an even worse situation and that 99% of the people don't like their jobs, so I shouldn't complain, but I can't always help how I feel.

So I guess I'm asking for advice on convincing myself not to ctb because of work.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, not-2-b-the-answer, houseofleaves and 11 others
Well-Edited Chaos

Well-Edited Chaos

May 8, 2022
I'm guessing you may not have a lot of positive things in your life, which is why the negativity of work feels overwhelming. You may not be able to do much about work, but if you can increase the positive elements in other parts of your life, work may not drag you down as much.

And it doesn't have to be huge changes - small changes can help and can build on each other. Do you have a hobby or favourite pastime you haven't done in a while? Pick it up again and remember why you loved it. "Nature bathing" (getting into the forest or a park) is wonderful. Getting enough sleep is good. If you've been depressed and your environment is a mess, getting it cleaned up can be really helpful. Pets or plants or a friend in need - something to nurture - are also good.

Hopefully something here helps. 🤗

• Love
Reactions: milkandcoffee, houseofleaves, 710 and 1 other person
C

CC123

Arcanist
Mar 2, 2019
I'm quite low iq
You write well.
You use proper grammar.
You have and use an excellent vocabulary.
You do NOT have a low iq.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Shepherd's boy, Regrets, Someone123 and 6 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Work is a factor for me too. I didn't complete high school because of school bullies, and have been doing crappy jobs ever since. I'm now at an age where I'm not coping with the stress of trying to pay off a house plus manage ageing in total isolation.

But you need to see for yourself if your situation is workable before drawing conclusions. Good advice has been suggested above. Some workplaces help you to meet friends or have some element of fun or comradery. I'd never suggest giving up without trying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chinchilla, 710, whatevs and 1 other person
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I'm guessing you may not have a lot of positive things in your life, which is why the negativity of work feels overwhelming. You may not be able to do much about work, but if you can increase the positive elements in other parts of your life, work may not drag you down as much.

And it doesn't have to be huge changes - small changes can help and can build on each other. Do you have a hobby or favourite pastime you haven't done in a while? Pick it up again and remember why you loved it. "Nature bathing" (getting into the forest or a park) is wonderful. Getting enough sleep is good. If you've been depressed and your environment is a mess, getting it cleaned up can be really helpful. Pets or plants or a friend in need - something to nurture - are also good.

Hopefully something here helps. 🤗

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I have some hobbies but I'm not good at them, so often they're also a source of stress for me because I'm like "There really is nothing I'm good at, I'm not even good at my hobbies"
And things in general don't bring me a lot of joy

I guess I'll try to engage in my hobbies without telling myself that I have to be good at them

And I'll try to introduce more nice/enjoyable things to my life in general, even if they're small

Thank you again for taking the time to reply!

Reactions: Why Me?, OctoberDusk, Well-Edited Chaos and 1 other person
Trilucid

Trilucid

May 25, 2022
What the title says

Working contributes a lot to my suicidality. I don't deal with stress well and I'm quite low iq, so prestigious well paying jobs are off limits to me. Ctbing honestly seems like a better option than having to work jobs that stress me out and jobs I can barely tolerate and jobs that pay barely enough for me to be able to afford necessities for the rest of my life.

I know a lot of people are in the same situation or in an even worse situation and that 99% of the people don't like their jobs, so I shouldn't complain, but I can't always help how I feel.

So I guess I'm asking for advice on convincing myself not to ctb because of work.
I am very sorry to hear this! Work is no joke. It is one of the first class killers that makes people want to CTB and even succeed in it.
I believe trying to distract yourself with something small may help. But in the end, work will always try to haunt you.
From dealing with cruel or plain nasty people, to problems within the actual process of working... I guess there is no easy answer.
Is it possible you try an education of some sort? Changing job? Asking for a disability pay?
The way your post is written, I don't believe there is a low iq involved. Though sometimes when we are influenced by negative thoughts, it may seem that way.
Okay, maybe I am more on the pro life ways today, it's just... I dunno. I don't believe your bosses or the work itself should get to have the win in the end.

Is it possible to take a longer break or vacation from work? Maybe visit some interesting thing you like if you have enough founds.
So unfair that something as simple as taxes for water and power even make a person's life a living hell.
I could think of other ways, that may be more unusual.
Personally I have never worked, but I wouldn't want to bring a person down that has dealt with the chronic stress that may be circulating around a job.
I am hoping this changes somehow for you. Living like a slave just for necessities like you said is cruel.

• Love
Reactions: Chinchilla and ncmxm
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
Work is a factor for me too. I didn't complete high school because of school bullies, and have been doing crappy jobs ever since. I'm now at an age where I'm not coping with the stress of trying to pay off a house plus manage ageing in total isolation.

But you need to see for yourself if your situation is workable before drawing conclusions. Good advice has been suggested above. Some workplaces help you to meet friends or have some element of fun or comradery. I'd never suggest giving up without trying.

I'm really sorry about your situation
I wish I could make you feel better somehow
Sending you a hug if that's okay with you

• Love
Reactions: Pluto
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I am someone else who does not like his job: I work in a factory and I always come home tired and stressed; unfortunately I don't know how to do anything, I have a generic diploma and I don't have any quality, and working in a factory is the only way I have to earn money.
Every morning it's harder and harder for me to get out of bed, I wish I could just die to put an end to this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, ncmxm, come to dust and 1 other person
O

OctoberDusk

Apr 26, 2022
I agree with CC123. I don't see anything in your use of language, structure, and reasoning that suggests a low IQ. Quite the opposite, in fact. Thus, I suspect you may be better at other things than you realize or give yourself credit. Most of us tend to judge ourselves far too harshly, me included.

In any case, I haven't really liked most of the jobs I've had. I enjoyed being a teaching assistant in school, but that was short-lived. So I find fulfillment and meaning through other things. One is creative outlets like writing and music. Much of it I have no intention of anyone reading nor hearing--at this point in life, anyway--but they help me keep perspective and work through s lot of things. In recent years I've found being active helps, especially after losing weight, especially walking or biking among trees. Finally, I've found some fulfillment through volunteer work and have met some interesting people through it. Different organizations require different commitments, but it may be something you'd like to look into. It's difficult to justify when financially struggling, though, but it could also lead to a better, more fulfilling job.

In general, try some different perspectives, see if you can find things you enjoy, even a little, and give yourself a break.

• Love
Reactions: Chinchilla and ncmxm
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Yes. a life spent working is not worth living for imo

Reactions: ncmxm
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I am someone else who does not like his job: I work in a factory and I always come home tired and stressed; unfortunately I don't know how to do anything, I have a generic diploma and I don't have any quality, and working in a factory is the only way I have to earn money.
Every morning it's harder and harder for me to get out of bed, I wish I could just die to put an end to this.

Mi dispiace, lavorare in fabbrica mi sembra un inferno

Ti mando un abbraccio se non ti dispiacerebbe

• Hugs
Reactions: Squalo and Trilucid
Regrets

Regrets

★★★★★
Aug 7, 2022
What the title says

I felt the same exact way during my internship, I was working almost 80 hours/week under very stressful situations, now that it's done I feel much better in regards to that.

IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
I have thought my thoughts were do to work. I've since stopped working like an animal for a month and half; my thoughts are more prevalent than before