Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
for people who have actually been diagnosed with a mix of adhd/ocd/autism can someone validate or invalidate my frustrations please? I experience so many things that I wonder if I'm lazy or if it really is a medical issue.

-maladaptive daydreaming

-poor planning skills(once in while I can chunk my day into things but I have never been capable of using a planner and I forget it even exists)

-poor organization skills (I don't know how to get normal things organized everyday like chores or prioritize things)

-difficult learning information ( I can read pages of text from nonfiction or fiction books and it's like the sims talking on paper. I don't comprehend at all. Or when people tell me things I again the sims garble. Happens a lot. Or when I learned algebra I could learn it better than a lot of people but I couldn't solve problems in different order/out of order)

-I make a goal for myself, even break it down, but I have no clue why I can't remember that I have a goal. I'll write it on sticky notes next my bed or bathroom mirror and I forget I exists)

-I get lost driving way too easily I can't seem to grab where objects or places are more than most of the time)

-I focus on meaningless tasks or thoughts that I know aren't important.

-I can't retain new info my mind goes blank

-I don't understand jokes a lot or feelings like empathy when something bad happens I know to feel empathy but I don't really feel it. Or I have trouble connecting an emotion to the word, for the longest time I didn't know what fatigue actually meant.

-I'm so stuck on topics I research it but then I drop it and then a few months or years later I'm so interested in it again, I'm not sure if it is a genuine interest or not.

-I can't express my ideas into words like I am terrible at storytelling because there is no beginning or middle or end it's just jumbled.

And a lot more. I put these here because I went to a psychologist to diagnose me but I still feel like I just don't control myself and my brain controls me. I just want to be fixed

• Hugs
Reactions: oneDay1, snxw and demuic
quanxiswife

quanxiswife

May 28, 2021
I've been diagnosed with ADHD and this sounds like textbook ADHD to me. Don't worry, I thought I was just lazy too for so long before I decided to get tested.

Reactions: demuic
Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
I've been diagnosed with ADHD and this sounds like textbook ADHD to me. Don't worry, I thought I was just lazy too for so long before I decided to get tested.
is it true there are different kinds of ADHD? I suspect I have inattentive kind. What meds have you taken and what was your experience with it? Also what strategies do you use to cope?

Depressed_Kettle

Depressed_Kettle

Experienced
Apr 25, 2021
I have ADHD too. I have a lot of these symptoms you described. Not all of them apply to me and not all of them fit but a lot do. I'm not sure how to better manage it but I take my medication every day so I guess that must help.
That last point, I strongly relate with. I am horrible at storytelling. My memory really sucks at remembering the order of things.