Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I definitely have an Addictive Personality I get hooked on everything, :smiling: online shopping I just seem to be on automatic pilot and order stuff, groceries, clothes, gadgets, takeaways, haha Amazon and Justeat are my best friends.

Even training courses I have purchased and completed about 17 in the last 2 months.

Anyone else noticing a problem.

Cheers

Geo

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, demuic, MindFrog and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
haha I have it too.
Whenever I watch any sports or fighting anime, I feel like doing it. There was a time in which I wanted to be a professional tennis player and then a martial artist. You should've seen me taking classes.

Oh, I almost forgot that time in which I wanted to be a mangaka and I can barely doodle lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo
popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
yes i enjoy everything compulsively to excess. drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, relationships, music, food, sleep, money, work even at one point and of course SS.. if i dont keep a check on myself i even start abusing coffer, sugar and salt. it will be the end of me if i dont ctb :pfff:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes and no. I compulsively drink alcohol and became dependent on Ambien in the past, so I would guess so.

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I get addicted to the feeling of things so if something feels good in the moment I usually try to perpetuate it. That's probably why I haven't latched onto weed or alcohol because those experiences feel bad whether it's the smell or taste so ironically I can do both in moderation.

• Hugs
kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
I can't control myself around instant noodles. If I buy a pack of 6 - I'll eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and snacks until they run out. I've been eating straight salt since childhood. Also got addicted to LSD - which you don't get physically addicted to, but I definitely got hooked on the feeling it gave.

Wish I could get addicted to productive things - like exercise, or cleaning, or work, but that requires effort lol

• Yay!
Breakout92

Breakout92

Student
Mar 10, 2021
I think i also get addicted to things easily, but simultaneously have too much self control so i don't let myself indulge. So i spend so much time going through "withdrawals" from these things I'm addicted to. The only thing I've actually become addicted to is world of warcraft after a friend's brother got me into it in high school. And that's a really strong addiction.

I've avoided all drugs except caffeine and alcohol because I'm afraid I'd lose control. I don't even take like benadryl for my allergies or tylenol for headaches or anything like that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic and Jumper Geo
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
yeah i got that i've had many substance addictions. i am physically dependent on klonopin now but it doesn't make me feel any different just staves off withdrawal

• Hugs
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I can't control myself around instant noodles. If I buy a pack of 6 - I'll eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and snacks until they run out. I've been eating straight salt since childhood. Also got addicted to LSD - which you don't get physically addicted to, but I definitely got hooked on the feeling it gave.

Wish I could get addicted to productive things - like exercise, or cleaning, or work, but that requires effort lol

Lol, I have no self control either I buy these multi-packs of 24 packets and I tell myself I will eat 2 packets and that's it, 1 hour later or 10 packets later I should say, :smiling: that's why I don't buy them anymore.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: popcorn
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Complete opposite, and it's a real problem. :ehh:

• Hugs
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
it's one thing I don't have, I thought I would get it from the amount I drink, but then I can go weeks without it and not be bothered, I do know of people with addictive personalities and I wonder how does it come about, it's a strange concept to me, addiction, I don't know if its self control, but no matter how much I love/enjoy something I can take it or leave it, it's not the be all and end all for me

• Hugs
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Oh definitely.. It's the reason I steer clear from gambling. I just knew It'll hook me right in. I feel like I had to watch myself always cause one slip up is already bad. It got to the point that I stole things. I'm glad I got that out of system now..

On the other hand tho.. Being obsessed with something makes me feel alive.. You know? It makes me want to wake up tomorrow. The dopamine rush is real.

Soda has been my source these days.. Probably have to check my blood sugar:aw:...

• Hugs
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I don't stick to things since everything is garbage to me. :ehh:
Sounds like anhedonia, which is the worst. I remember when I had it really bad. Food, sex, music - all of it felt like a waste of time. Sleep was the only reprieve.

• Hugs
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sounds like anhedonia, which is the worst. I remember when I had it really bad. Food, sex, music - all of it felt like a waste of time. Sleep was the only reprieve.
Funny, nothing seems like a waste of time to me. Unless I'm comparing myself to people that are not completely fucked in the head, which I shouldn't ever do (and I hope I'll stop that at some point :pfff:).

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Funny, nothing seems like a waste of time to me. Unless I'm comparing myself to people that are not completely fucked in the head, which I shouldn't ever do (and I hope I'll stop this at some point :pfff:).
How can things be garbage and also not a waste of time? I guess I'm confused.

• Hugs
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
How can things be garbage and also not a waste of time? I guess I'm confused.
Waste of time implies that the time could be spent in a better way.

• Hugs
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
on the subject of addictive personalities...
one would imagine with about 9 years of recovery and 35 years of active addiction i should have something worthwhile to contribute;
but I do not...
instead I'm catching. this movie tonight: so don't judge me because i have bad taste.
it get's me laid - every-time! (i hope you get the [sic] irony in that!! - cos my standards are so low...)

Screen Shot 2021 04 10 at 174723

Reactions: MindFrog and Jumper Geo