• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
If I'm to be honest, looking at other so called """support groups""" and comparing it to Sasu, there's no way to reasonably compare it really. Most of them are superficially sterile and squeaky clean to the point it's jarring to just even stay there for a period of time because of how uncomfortable it is. There's so many rigid systems in place and even trying to talk and get support in chats, heh, good luck with that. They treat you very differently with PR smiles and whatnot. Here? At Sasu? Very different, for sure. I actually feel a lot better with the lax approach to what can be said on here because it makes it easier to find legitimate support and comfort as well as finding people who actually like you for you. I thought I could never have that bc I was too depressive and mentally ill, but even with most people who think of me as friend not knowing I have DID (dissociative identity disorder) until now, they treated all of me as a body that deserves respect instead of just giving PR smiles and pseudo advice.

That is the real difference between actual support and the current other """support groups""" out there.

Camel

Camel

Idiot.
Aug 19, 2023
Ive been to a few of those "emotional support" groups and it's kind of funny how bad they are, but at the same time it's disappointing that the majority of people are told that those are good things that are worth looking into. If you want a shortened version, all they do is snitch. You can't say anything without raising an eyebrow.

• Aww..
Reactions: Seered Doom
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Pretty much, it's either that or they have you censor EVERYTHING bc anything can trigger someone. As a person with C-PTSD, high control groups like that are an actual trigger of mine and I know several other people would say the same thing. That's why I like Sasu. Sasu's more lax rules and moderation style is a lot easier and better to navigate. I love it here since it's a lot better at actually allowing people to breathe and say what they need to instead of being placed into a corner full of PR smiles and bs. People actually say the words they mean, not just what is expected of them by broader groups. If things are too sterile, I get suspicious with a constant bouncing of the question; "When will they leave me behind because of an episode or a bad day or saying something they don't like?" I don't feel that here and I find value in that.