• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I made the entire forum private to shield members from the judgemental and exhibitionary behavior of the public eye. That means only registered members can access the forum at the moment. This is a temporary(!) decision to address some concerns of the community. This forum contains deeply personal and intimate discussions and I understand that the current amount of public attention makes people feel uncomfortable to post anything. I'd like to hear your input about this change.

Thanks.

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
I think this is an excellent idea. I have myself noticed a huge upsurge in controversial, hateful and just blatantly rule breaking posts mostly by new members in this forum of late. Call me paranoid but I think all the publicity has attracted not only trolls, but has brought forth some very cruel sides of people here who feel emboldened by the controversy. This is supposed to be a place where we can express our feelings regarding our ideation and the causes of it, not some place to spout vitriol and hatred. And before anyone starts with the bullshit about free speech, there are PLENTY of places you can espouse your hateful rhetoric. It seems to me some people won't be happy until every single forum, comment section and blog on the internet is a fucking combat zone.

Last edited:
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
Thank you so much, you are a hero of mine. now I can stay with you all and don't be afraid that someone in my country will track me down. We are safe finally. Thank you. People on this site are like second family to me and i was so sad thinking about leaving this place. Now i can talk without fear and stay

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I really hate to be this person.
Nothing here is "private", and it never will be. If you haven't been doxxed, you will be. If you haven't been betrayed and further attacked, you will be - regardless.

This is part of the gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. And making you feel like shit for feeling.

D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
I made the entire forum private to shield members from the judgemental and exhibitionary behavior of the public eye. That means only registered members can access the forum at the moment. This is a temporary(!) decision to address some concerns of the community. This forum contains deeply personal and intimate discussions and I understand that the current amount of public attention makes people feel uncomfortable to post anything. I'd like to hear your input about this change.

Thanks.

Hi RainAndSadness,

I have been asking whether there is an option to make posts visible/readable to members only ... I think I messaged you about it the other day.

If the entire forum cannot be permanently private, at least there should be an option to make profile/posts private or visible to members only. I think it would be very helpful to many. Please consider it.

cambrai33

cambrai33

Traveller
Nov 3, 2021
Sorry just to remind people that there are most likely a number of sleeper accounts on here so you should assume anything you post is not private to people who do not have the best intentions
I think this is a good idea. Though I'm worried about the fake accounts that will be created fo bypass this
They are already here be in no doubt of that

Last edited:
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
I really hate to be this person.
Nothing here is "private", and it never will be. If you haven't been doxxed, you will be. If you haven't been betrayed and further attacked, you will be - regardless.

This is part of the gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. And making you feel like shit for feeling.
Ive already been doxxed few times by them and they have my adress AND threatend me with authorities and jail.. hopefully no one else will get doxxed here as in UK is considered illegal and in some states in the US.. (to get doxxed i mean)

CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
@RainAndSadness congrats on being made Admin first of all. As a newbie totally understandable making everything private for the moment. I would suggest that maybe after the public interest dies down you reverse that decision BUT keep the Suicide Discussion & Members Info Center sections private to members only.

I just found this site and already my everyday mood has experienced an uptick. This from stalking the site for a few days before joining. You don't want to be completely closed off to new members finding and deciding to join like I did. Anyways, thats my 2c...

Last edited:
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
This already happened at the beginning of this year, and has been discussed in threads like this one:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/keep-the-suicide-discussion-section-to-members-only.71199/

In that thread I already wrote that it only makes sense as a temporary measure, not as a permanent one. Enemies of the forum already have access, and can easily make new accounts. If general public can not access the forum then they will believe NYT by default, and that can't be good.

CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
The site still accepts registrations it seems, which defeats the point.

Think of making the site private like a first line of defense. It's meant to stop the casual lookie-loo from going any further. Now obviously those needing this site will hopefully register for access. And yes unfortunately the haters like nyt can also register hoping to get in. But as a security measure it's not totally worthless going private.

artificialpasta

artificialpasta

Feb 2, 2020
Think of making the site private like a first line of defense. It's meant to stop the casual lookie-loo from going any further. Now obviously those needing this site will hopefully register for access. And yes unfortunately the haters like nyt can also register hoping to get in. But as a security measure it's not totally worthless going private.
I thought the site was made private precisely because of groups like FT26.