• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

SanJunipero1

Apr 6, 2020
Abso-fucking-lutely!
Although for the record, accepting that I'd rather be dead and that I'm just gonna keep crashing every few months is saving my life. I use my suicidality to be fearless and I accept my suffering so that it's less overwhelming.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Constant suffering is an environment that can be experimented with. A person can exert different ways to control his environment and may discover some things that can be used to reduce or interrupt the suffering.

SanJunipero1 has a good observation. Suicide is the ultimate detachment. When one comes to consider it, one may find a mental detachment from the forces driving him to consider it. This relief can be used to build a foundation for recovery.

• Love
Reactions: SanJunipero1
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
My acceptance did afford me some detachment from my usual ruminations and gave me some clarity about things.

I liken it to turning to look at something you're usually trying your best to escape from because you don't think you can face it. But you can, it is bearable, at least for a short time.