Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Damn, this person really put in some work. 90 pages. Wow. I skimmed through it a bit and it looked legit.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022

Yep, the fake pandemic and the tyrannical New World Order test run home arrests and forced masking made me suicidal basically, I was just depressed and ungrateful about being life prior.

I know of a surprisingly large number of users that felt this way when I joined. They weren't a majority by any stretch but considering how they are represented in the population they were clearly much more common here. Also people with Gnostic ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, CowsAreCool and Disappointered
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Only 30% of the discussion are about suicide methods? I am ashamed! This is ridiculous... Vegeta scream

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Un-, not-2-b-the-answer, Emergency Release and 2 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Thanks for posting this. It's very interesting, this paper comes to a different conclusion than most vocal outsiders who ever talk about this forum. I'm not sure if I agree with all points made in this paper but it's very nuanced and I appreciate that. It also reiterates that this is a pro-choice forum, something that so many people fail to acknowledge - intentionally and unintentionally. There was another paper that did some research a while ago and they also came to a very different conclusion than most news articles that smear this forum. They painted the community in a fair picture and pointed out some significant positives of this community and we need more nuance like that. People barely talk about the positive impact of this community and that's a shame.

So yeah, I like it. I'd like to see more research about this forum. It gives us a much more accurate impression of this community than some smear pieces that have been written with the very clear intention to drag this forum through the mire. And you can do so much more with all the information people post here, from a suicide prevention perspective. Like, we literally tell you why we are suicidal. Is there any place on the internet that gives you such an overhelming amount of data to work with? You just need to translate it into policy. Maybe that's something to consider. The goal shouldn't be to remove this forum (or certain methods) because it has a place in this world and there is a legitimate need for it, the goal should be to take the information this forum provides and positively change society, improving people's lives, so that less people even think about searching for this forum in the first place. I know that's difficult and it's so much more work but that would be meaningful suicide prevention through systemic change unlike the idiotic attempts to just ban this forum and certain methods outright - which isn't gonna improve the life of one single individual...

But yeah... people would rather sweep this forum with all it's suffering members and all the pain that's expressed here under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist as if there aren't severe systemic issues that contributed to the existence of this forum in the first place. I mean, this forum exists right now because SS was banned on reddit previously. It was attempt to sweep that community under the rug because it was uncomfortable. People are trying to achieve the same thing with this forum with certain legislation that would put an end to communities like ours. An empathic and compassionate society wouldn't try to hide something just because it's uncomfortable. We should have a conversation about the reasons why people end up in this forum. But instead of having that conversation about systemic problems in this world, there are attempts to silence us - the most vulnerable people in society. I mean how sinister is that? We're not seen by anyone and we're put into psychiatric insitutions instead for expressing something so human(e): a need for relief from pain. We're all in pain here. That's what this community is all about and that's why people find comfort in this forum. It provides a place to discuss that with all the nuance and facettes that belong to this discussion and people are taken seriously and treated with dignity in this forum. So yeah, I appreciate scientific papers like this one because it gives us a chance to have that conversation - about the reasons why we are here.

• Love
Reactions: BrailleTogepi, 0000000000000, Spyware and 10 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I always knew we were under the so-called microscope here and that lots of Psyche majors and Doctoral students visit this site, even joining, and doing research for their papers, Theses, and Dissertations. So, now everyone knows you never really know who you are talking to.

Reactions: apple2myeye!, Celerity, Twntysix and 5 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't think they would interact with people. There would be ethical issues with that.
I don't know. If they simply asked questions, there might not be any real conflict. I know they're here, though, just as LE are here. Make no mistake about it.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Wasabi and Disappointered
C

CowsAreCool

Student
Sep 21, 2021
View attachment 102686

Yep, the fake pandemic and the tyrannical New World Order test run home arrests and forced masking made me suicidal basically, I was just depressed and ungrateful about being life prior.

I know of a surprisingly large number of users that felt this way when I joined. They weren't a majority by any stretch but considering how they are represented in the population they were clearly much more common here. Also people with Gnostic ideas.
Yeah, completely agree. I had issues before the "pandemic", but it finally forced me to confront all those issues. And I landed here.

Refused the vaccine. Entirely out of anger and spite. I was kicked from my school, had to move states. Lost my friends in the process. The masks, the propaganda, it was too much.

Its getting better. But I want people to pay for what they did. To me and to this country. I don't regret my decisions though.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and whatevs
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I'm glad that there is what seems to be a balanced perspective on SaSu in this paper. On the note of covid, that definitely was around the time where things went from worst to worse for me, albeit before lockdown or anything like that. I was really losing it before covid was a concern and being thrust into isolation for other reasons but can't help but wonder if it had a more significant impact on me than I realize. It makes me second guess it to hear once again how big of a factor it has been for many.

BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Interesting to skim through but looks like it could use a little bit of polish. Referred to SN as sodium nitrate rather than nitrite, for instance. Otherwise a great read.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Raven's Night- and not-2-b-the-answer
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Very interesting thank you for sharing it!

Last edited:
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Thanks for the post. Some of the statistics I would need Steve Kornacki to explain to me. :wink:

Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
Oh, mad. Those are hella good papers to read.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I didn't like us being compared to an echo chamber. The same thing can be said for prolifers and the church.
Most of us come here looking for a way to die. Some succeed, some of us who haven't been able to end it yet still rely on S.S. for being able to talk to people who actually understand.

Reactions: 0000000000000
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Ah it's a thesis on BERT, now I get it. The student is just running some language models on the threads in the forum. This is not a clinical study on suicide but rather yet another academic work capitalizing on the covid effect mostly. Post from the author would not affect the models much (unless it was done in sufficient number but that would be academic fraud). In conclusions this has nothing to do with the issue of discussing in the relevant fora of a suicide, it is just a little more than a class assignment about using some well know AI tool