C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
I had posted before on this same topic. My life is really bad and my depression has been really intense for years now. And yet, I don't feel certainty about death. I don't even know how it would be to feel that way. I imagine it would feel like a peaceful sense of certainty. I've been here on this forum for years, I have seen people go,talked to them... I've seen the threat of SN not being a viable option in the future which scares me. But even then I can't make myself do it. I know I would chicken out the moment I drank SN or whatever method I'd try. I know my life ins't getting any better... my plan is to keep living until I am certain I want death but I don't know if it's a good plan. Any of you experiencing something similar ?

• Hugs
Reactions: SVEN and Forever Sleep
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
If you feel you are not ready, then you must live. I'm giving the same advice I was given when I made a similar thread. I was undecided and wanted ctb soon, but I felt like it wasn't the right time to do it, so I decided to postpone the idea, but I regret doing it, because I keep feeling really bad throughout the days, but not for long.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
If you feel you are not ready, then you must live. I'm giving the same advice I was given when I made a similar thread. I was undecided and wanted ctb soon, but I felt like it wasn't the right time to do it, so I decided to postpone the idea, but I regret doing it, because I keep feeling really bad throughout the days, but not for long.
I always feel bad... There isn't a day when I don't think about suicide but still, it seems like I'm not ready. Or for some reason, I can't still fully commit. To keep living is to keep suffering and yet it seems like that's what I can do for now.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
There'll always be another 'bus coming along, when you're truly ready I believe you'll know it's time to get aboard. Until then just do what you can to endure and be kind to yourself.
Best wishes.

vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
If you feel like you are not ready, try therapy and exhaust all options other than CTB.

ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
I am in a different predicament but I can relate to the feelings you expressed, my death is set in stone, it will happen. It will just happen in a few years, maybe 2-3, as a result I have been in a weird state of mind where sometime I forget that I am going to die. It leaves me feeling like my death is so far away that it's not guarantied, and that leaves we with a set of emotions that, confuse me, not quite sadness, nor a sense of happiness, rather it leaves me feeling like I don't quite have as much control over my life as I always thought I did.