L

lem

Aug 16, 2020
I was strangling myself with my hands today, to check how it feels, and now I have shortness of breath. I suspect jugular vein distention, or jugular vein thrombosis. I'm gonna wait a few days, to check, if it goes away, and if it doesn't, then I might need to go to the hospital.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Paralyzed boy, Greenberg and 3 others
Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
lem said:
I was strangling myself with my hands today,
Well that was your first mistake.

Reactions: HadEnough1974, CarbonMonoxide, Paralyzed boy and 1 other person
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I tried with a belt and had mild coughing for a couple of days but nothing serious.

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Yeesh well good to know you're okay :(

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg and Huntfish34
L

lem

Aug 16, 2020
I tried with a belt and had mild coughing for a couple of days but nothing serious.
I learned my lesson, don't touch the neck, unless you're willing to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: HadEnough1974
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I suspect jugular vein distention, or jugular vein thrombosis
Do you have a visibly bulging neck vein? If not, then it's not vein distention.
And vein thrombosis is very rare. So I wouldn't worry too much for now.

L

lem

Aug 16, 2020
Yeesh well good to know you're okay :(
I'm not okay, feeling shortness of breath right now, and some pressure in the head. Why does society torture me? I got rejected by the fucking Pegasos yesterday. Why the fuck did David Goodall get easy death, but I get to suffer? It's cruelty.
Do you have a visibly bulging neck vein? If not, then it's not vein distention.
And vein thrombosis is very rare. So I wouldn't worry too much for now.
Then what is it? The shortness of breath comes from CO2, which gets pumped out of the head by jugular veins. So I suspect, that it has something to do with them.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling and Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Damn. I'm sorry to hear about that,. Maybe go for a .... Hanging instead. ? Idk , just thinking.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I'm not okay, feeling shortness of breath right now, and some pressure in the head. Why does society torture me? I got rejected by the fucking Pegasos yesterday. Why the fuck did David Goodall get easy death, but I get to suffer? It's cruelty.

Then what is it? The shortness of breath comes from CO2, which gets pumped out of the head by jugular veins. So I suspect, that it has something to do with them.
You could have triggered a carotid sinus reflex, affecting your heart. This could explain the shortness of breath.

L

lem

Aug 16, 2020
You could have triggered a carotid sinus reflex, affecting your heart. This could explain the shortness of breath.
Will it go away? During the practice, I had a moment, when my vision went dark, and I felt like I was about to blackout, and I was stressed out by that, maybe it has something to do with that. Besides shortness of breath, I had a mild pain in the heart.

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
During the practice, I had a moment, when my vision went dark, and I felt like I was about to blackout, and I was stressed out by that
Sounds like you definitely compressed the carotid arteries in your neck, if you felt like you were blacking out. This is actually the holy grail of partial/hanging, since it seems difficult for a lot of people to properly compress the carotids without also compressing the windpipe.
Normally you should recover, yes.

You may just have also stimulated the vagus nerve or baroreceptors or something, causing a bit of heart arrhythmia. Sometimes (but rarely) this can actually lead to death (see the 'korean method').

L

lem

Aug 16, 2020
Sounds like you definitely compressed the carotid arteries in your neck, if you felt like you were blacking out. This is actually the holy grail of partial/hanging, since it seems difficult for a lot of people to properly compress the carotids without also compressing the windpipe.
Normally you should recover, yes.

You may just have also stimulated the vagus nerve or baroreceptors or something, causing a bit of heart arrhythmia. Sometimes (but rarely) this can actually lead to death (see the 'korean method').

I was strangling myself at the bottom of my neck, and it looks like the carotid baroreceptor is there, looks like you're right, thanks.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
L

lem

Aug 16, 2020
I slept for the night, but still feel bad. I feel slight preassure in my upper part of the neck(I was strangling myself at the upper part of the neck as well), and shivering. How long do I have to wait, for it to go away?

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I slept for the night, but still feel bad. I feel slight preassure in my upper part of the neck(I was strangling myself at the upper part of the neck as well), and shivering. How long do I have to wait, for it to go away?
I would say a few days