S

SittingOvaation

Mar 17, 2023
i've created this account for a short while but this is my first post because i don't feel safe anywhere else so i want to thank you guys first for creating this community and keeping it open.

I live in the shittiest country ever (i'm sorry if that is inappropriate but i swear i am not exaggerating. Our family currently have two dogs, one is over 2 years old (named Don) and the other one (Butter) is only 2 months old and we only got him about 3 weeks. before them we also got 2 other dogs, each we had along with Don and both of them literally disappeared.

So the first dog I've ever got was Shrimp and then I also took in Don. That was the happiest period of my entire existence. Basically I came home from school one day and learnt that Shrimp disappeared out of nowhere and that is NOT typical of him to run away from home like that. We have a small garden behind the house so we don't chain them up. This is the biggest mistake of my life and I hate myself so much. All of them were vaccinated against rabies though.

I don't really know how to let you guys understand the extent of the shittiness of this place where i live in without having you directly experience it. I live in Vietnam and I myself am embarrassed to admit that all stereotypes about people in Asia eating dogs are very much accurate. With that being said, it's not like them "ethical dog meat" on Western facebook when dogs are raised in a meat farm and then be put down humanely. Here, people use every method to kidnap dogs on the streets. For example you could be walking your dog in a park and you take off his leash for a lil while, another second he's probably gone off to a dog meat restaurant. And dog meat restaurant is a very popular thing here I don't think foreigners can ever imagine it.

I think that is enough for the context although there are several other examples like that. In case someone say i'm a hypocrite for thinking eating cows or chickens or fish is alright but then it's not fine when it's a dog, I don't mean to say that. Like I've mentioned before, raising dogs or any kind of animals on a farm for meat is fine by me. What I'm trying to say is it is certainly not okay to take someone's pet and send it to a slaughterhouse for meat. Someone like a neighbor can do that to you where I live. And by the way that was what happened to Shrimp. and probably to Shu (the dog we had after losing Shrimp)

And before someone wonder why our family don't report such incidents to the authority or the police or whatever, stick with me.

Don and Butter is still alive now and because we don't chain them up, sometime they also go sit in the sidewalk in front of our home. And moments ago I heard Butter's scream and discovered that someone was trying to take him away and that someone is from the government. It's a whole "security team" created by the city for the purpose of grabbing random dogs on the street and then wait for their owners to claim the dogs, which never happens because you know who would be faster? The slaughterhouse. Yeah.

I never saw the security team with my own eyes but I was told by literally everyone. and learned that they use this kind of net? like a fish net to catch the dogs like they are catching some butterflies in a garden. My neighbors also told me that Don was once almost caught, having half of his body stuck in that net but he got away. The biggest problem is I cannot chain him up however hard I tried because I never chained him before. I am mentally unstable so I'm going to be honest and say I want to die right now so I don't have to experience losing any of my dogs again instead of really solving the problem. But anyway, I'm going to call a vet (if they even exist here) and try to work this out tomorrow.

I am a high school senior (I am 18 already) and I witnessed a teacher beating a dog (not shooing or something, but really beat it several times in its head) a dog strayed into my school with a wooden bat with my own eyes, I even have video evidence of it. And wow, maybe this can be a story for another time because I am not really stable right now, but you get the idea.

Thank you to anyone who's been reading all of this, I appreciate you guys. Stay safe out there

Reactions: Madao and lukas19
Madao

Madao

Certified MADAO (She/her)
Mar 30, 2023
Very rough experience, you have my regards and love