• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Redeemed1969

Redeemed1969

Apr 9, 2018
I'm 62. My mom died 8 months ago and my dad died when I was 11. My mom was my best friend in the world. I was her caregiver for the last 3 years before she passed. Her death really destroyed me. I have no family left now. I have no spouse or children. Of course I have friends, but basically my death won't leave any truly devastated with grief the way my mom's passing did to me. I am a very religious person, but not of fan of any organized religion. I firmly believe in an afterlife where I will be, finally, reunited with my family. I am planning to get N. I won't use it unless I become disabled or get a terminal diagnosis though. However, I have some health problems so this will probably be sooner than later. I completed my advanced health directive forms because I don't want ANYTHING done to save my life. I spoke with my primary care doctor and he said, you don't even want anything done if you're in an accident?! I was like, hell NO . The good thing is he said, well it's your body and your life. He respected my wishes.I have to be honest and say I do get very sad when I read about some of you younger people wanting to die. I'm NOT JUDGING , but it does make me really sad. Anyway, thank you for reading this.

L

LetRavensGather

Apr 13, 2018
Hi. I am sorry you are alone. I know it is an awful feelin, almost like a vacuum. A piece of knowledge many don't know is that having a DNR on file with both your Dr. and hospital is a good idea, but not the only consideration. Ambulance services are REQUIRED to attempt revival. To prevent this, make sure your local ambulances also know of your wishes. This must be done separately.

I hope the information is helpful.

Redeemed1969

Redeemed1969

Apr 9, 2018
Hi. I am sorry you are alone. I know it is an awful feelin, almost like a vacuum. A piece of knowledge many don't know is that having a DNR on file with both your Dr. and hospital is a good idea, but not the only consideration. Ambulance services are REQUIRED to attempt revival. To prevent this, make sure your local ambulances also know of your wishes. This must be done separately.

I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you. Mine is filed with my doc and hospital, plus in my glove compartment. Because I'm alone, I won't be calling any ambulance. Thank you for the information!

Dead Girl Don't Care

Dead Girl Don't Care

Trying but still Dying
Mar 26, 2018
I get reassured when I hear about older people wanting to die as it reminds me I don't want to live through 50 more years of this bullshit, and how you all did is beyond me. I hate my life now, really gonna hate it when it's riddled with -further- disease and disability.

Redeemed1969

Redeemed1969

Apr 9, 2018
I really enjoyed my life, my youth. Loved it those wild days.!!!!! Would love tobacco go back and relive my youth!!!! I just have no family left now and no one to take care of me when I get sick.