• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone.

Some members approached me recently and asked if and how they can donate to the forum. First of all, they're highly appreciated. Donations help to keep this place running smoothly and take some of the financial burden to run this community.

If you want to donate, here are the ways you can contribute:

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 3QkVCysLkKcrpXkMRr3NGu6zHYXLkJJJZv

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

You can also DM me privately if you wish to donate in other ways! And once again, thanks a lot to everyone who contributes to the forum.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Maybe you can share some data, about costs and how much it is to run this site. People might be more inclined to donate that way. Kinda like Wikipedia that has that bar thing that lets you know how much they need.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Having been a moderator on another forum I can say the costs are not low. Hosting is pretty pricey. Especially when there's a lot of media uploaded. Data heavy Pic's and vid's. It's in the thousands per year. Some forums run raffles to pay for hosting. Unfortunately I'm not sure how that could work here so donations are essential in avoiding the expense falling on Mods and Admin.
Maybe you can share some data, about costs and how much it is to run this site. People might be more inclined to donate that way. Kinda like Wikipedia that has that bar thing that lets you know how much they need.
A countdown/up would be a useful feature I agree. The only concern I'd have is that any encouraging factors to donate would be interpreted as conveniently negative to the likes of fixers. Still, needs must right?! Transparency could have a positive spin too. Bit of a minefield is all.

Last edited:
Sun_

Sun_

Jul 4, 2022
Habiendo sido moderador en otro foro, puedo decir que los costos no son bajos. El alojamiento es bastante caro. Especialmente cuando hay muchos medios cargados. Fotos y videos pesados de datos. Está en los miles por año. Algunos foros organizan sorteos para pagar el alojamiento. Desafortunadamente, no estoy seguro de cómo podría funcionar eso aquí, por lo que las donaciones son esenciales para evitar que los gastos recaigan en moderadores y administradores.

Una cuenta atrás/arriba sería una función útil, estoy de acuerdo. La única preocupación que tengo es que cualquier factor alentador para donar sería interpretado como convenientemente negativo para gente como reparadores. Aún así, las necesidades deben ¿verdad? La transparencia también podría tener un giro positivo. Un poco de un campo minado es todo.
Y si pasan este sitio a una app? Cómo amino o una que creen ustedes mejor

Sun_

Sun_

Jul 4, 2022
I was saying what if they pass this website to an application? Like Amino, you can create a community there or else another app that you think is convenient

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Do you accept donations in XMR? I've got a bit of change floating around in my wallet that will be going to waste otherwise.

Yes.

XMR address: 42hxeeaMKgFhA3CCGAFgsHEatsoFL13JK8GYKzDQdRKhBCCWLSh81RZinGCMQXPFrgVu6T37f6ideZmMwuz4pA2dRMyU8Bt

Reactions: BlackNails
R

ReluctantSeeker

Mar 5, 2021
I've been trying to get into bitcoin (or XMR/Monero) for things like this but now I think the government here requires you to report any crypto transactions, and I'm hesitant to leave anything like a paper trail for any reason. Are local transactions the only way left to get 'physical' money converted into crypto while maintaining privacy?

Reactions: Forever Sleep
C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
I've been trying to get into bitcoin (or XMR/Monero) for things like this but now I think the government here requires you to report any crypto transactions, and I'm hesitant to leave anything like a paper trail for any reason. Are local transactions the only way left to get 'physical' money converted into crypto while maintaining privacy?
Hey RainAndSadness, can you take a donation through PayPal and do it manually for me with my info? I PM'd you about it today, so please get back to me when you can. I got some birthday and Christmas money, but we need to act now if you want a donation b/c I'm usually broke, so the holidays are pretty much the only time I have anything extra and can donate. I really want to donate, but I'm not going to fight with BitCoin to do it, lol! And I don't have a PayPal account and don't feel like dealing with that either with my screen reader. Other non profits and web site directors have taken my payments manually, so I know there is a way. Only question is, do you know how to do it? I sure hope so.
Hey RainAndSadness, can you take a donation through PayPal and do it manually for me with my info? I PM'd you about it today, so please get back to me when you can. I got some birthday and Christmas money, but we need to act now if you want a donation b/c I'm usually broke, so the holidays are pretty much the only time I have anything extra and can donate. I really want to donate, but I'm not going to fight with BitCoin to do it, lol! And I don't have a PayPal account and don't feel like dealing with that either with my screen reader. Other non profits and web site directors have taken my payments manually, so I know there is a way. Only question is, do you know how to do it? I sure hope so.
@RainAndSadness! And sorry to the other member for quoting you. I don't know why my computer does that but it's highly annoying. Hope you see this post or my PM soon @RainAndSadness! You rock!

Reactions: Kerrtu
D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
@ReluctantSeeker Look at that article: https://coinsutra.com/anonymous-bitcoin-transactions/
I know there are local exchanges or people who accept fiat currency and convert to cryptocurrency.
Don't know how it is in your country but I remember finding exchange websites online that listed local sellers in my country with rating.

D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
@RainAndSadness @looseye Which is longer to stay? Bitcoin or Ethereum? Which offer better anonymity? Which have lower transaction fees? Is one of them preferred more over others by SS for donation?

I also heard that off-ledger transfers to on-ledger transfers incur higher transaction fee whereas transfers within same service like Coinbase don't. Here's from their help center:

Coinbase offers our cash and Hosted Cryptocurrency balance service free of charge, allowing you to store your cash and supported cryptocurrency at no cost. We don't charge for transferring crypto from one Coinbase user's primary balance to another user's primary balance.

For transactions on cryptocurrency networks (i.e., transfers of cryptocurrency off the Coinbase platform), Coinbase incurs and pays network transaction fees (e.g., miner's fees). We'll charge a fee based on our estimate of the prevailing network fees for a standalone wallet-to-wallet send.

Does SS have account in one of such services? I would open account there to make sure SS gets more.

D

Deathisbetter

-
Jun 3, 2023
How do I do visa gift card how do I send I don't trust Bitcoin and don't like it

The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
Any other methods :) Monero/ETH/Ppal?

Reactions: Kerrtu
K

KANCEL

Feb 21, 2024
Hello everyone.

Some members approached me recently and asked if and how they can donate to the forum. First of all, they're highly appreciated. Donations help to keep this place running smoothly and take some of the financial burden to run this community.

If you want to donate, here are the ways you can contribute:

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 3LTB9yHyp71ZtA8pHwuWvYN5tV9w4fm8K1

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

You can also DM me privately if you wish to donate in other ways! And once again, thanks a lot to everyone who contributes to the forum.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness
Hello, RainAndSadness, I don't think I'm allowed to send a a private DM to an administrator yet since my account is new. I don't use bitcoin. Is there an email address that I could possibly send an Amazon gift card to for a donation? Thanks Kancel

trampingtroll

trampingtroll

Mar 20, 2024
hey rainandsadness,
could you message me with infos on how to donate via paypal or any other possibility without crypto currency.
thanks so much!

The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
hey rainandsadness,
could you message me with infos on how to donate via paypal or any other possibility without crypto currency.
thanks so much!
5 post and you want to donate? Not sus at all.