• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
CN Tower 🇨🇦 - Toronto + 'Snowbirds' aviation aerobatics

" Ten feet apart, two Tutor trainers of the Snowbirds aerobatic team make an inverted pass yesterday practising for the 4-day CNE Air Show - 1979 "

Last edited:
Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023
Globular Clusters

Globular clusters are vast swarms of stars, up to a hundred thousand or more, which were formed through time. Tightly bound up by gravity, globular clusters are spherical in size. The stars in a globular cluster are red giants, much older than our Sun or our Solar System.
Th 942342442 Th 1896005436 Th 1944652284 Th 3359069397

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
Hello lovely people + beautiful posts 🙏✨💛✨
Apologies to break the Alphabet here - just a quick blip - to jump to the letter P … explained below 🙏

Passchendaele
🇧🇪 - Battle on the Western Front - WW1 - c.1917

Scarred + sacred landscape + presumed buried remains of the ~45,000+ 'Missing in Action' - as seen today

Iconic image of the historic hellish Passchendaele landscape of tragic loss + horrors of c.1917

Dear @slugcat ~ Sincere apologies for delay to reply in time to your very considerate query about Fictional locations + Post editing ( seems ~4 hour window ? )

~ I have no knowledge of fictional Anime + searched to learn about Anime ancient history + your OMORI Post

~ Such tragic + visceral content + imagery of young fictional characters
+ equally young people who find solace in various genres of Anime / Video Games ~ especially exploded worldwide since the Pandemic lockdowns

~ Your tragic fictional OMORI imagery + iconography reminded me of the historically tragic + iconic image of the Battle of Passchendaele + the hundreds of thousands of young lives lost
~ We will remember them 🙏

~ I found there are a few Anime / Video/ Music / Fictional Characters Game Threads ~ as there is such a high proportion of Anime fans on SaSu
~ Not sure if they appeal to your unique creativity + interests as a place to share ?

~ The Word Association/ Etc Games were near-perfect spaces where you + I + others briefly interacted in spontaneous + unrestricted mixture of factual + fictional thematic + symbolic words + imagery

~ I've been trying to create a new game dedicated to this concept ~ but I've no experience with Anime ~

~ Fictional / Mythological ~
*Yes ~ I began this Game with a mix of fictional Film set in factual location (Devil's Tower / Close Encounters )

~ Also ~ an Artist's rendering of a factual place (Brittany / Gauguin)

~ Trying to find a way to include fictional Literature imagery based on factual locations

~ Hope this makes sense ~ A-Z format is a bit more restrictive than I expected 🙏

Thank you all so much + hope to see you again soon
✨💛✨

N - next ? 🙏

Last edited:
mia.wallace

mia.wallace

Fell on black days
Feb 1, 2023
North Island - New Zealand

Lots of attractions in the North Island - a few highlights below:

Waitomo Caves - the grottos are lit up by glow worms
IMG 6066
Hobbiton- film set from Lord of The Rings trilogy + hobbit films
IMG 6069
Waiopatu Thermal Wonderland
IMG 6071

mia.wallace

mia.wallace

Fell on black days
Feb 1, 2023
Red Dwarf Stars
IMG 6104 IMG 6105 IMG 6106
⭐️ Red dwarf stars comprise about 75% of all stars in the Milky Way, the majority in the galaxy.
⭐️They're much cooler and smaller than the Sun and are expected to live much longer lives because they do not burn through their fuel as fast. One of the oldest red dwarfs is 13.5 billion years old.
⭐️Their churning guts and fast rotation make them prone to extreme magnetic activity, such as flares.
⭐️All red dwarf stars are low-mass, low-luminosity stars.
⭐️Red dwarfs are completely efficient and will burn their entire supply of hydrogen during their life span. They will then become hotter and smaller, turning into blue dwarfs and finally ending their lives as white dwarfs.

mia.wallace

mia.wallace

Fell on black days
Feb 1, 2023
Tu Le Valley - Vietnam 🌾
IMG 6111 IMG 6110
The golden and green terraced rice paddies in Tu Le Valley creates a visually stunning pattern. It's surrounded by mountain ranges and a sight to see year-round, though the best time of year to visit is September when the rice is ripening.