• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TorturedSoul999

TorturedSoul999

Aug 11, 2023
(Warning, this post contains spoilers for a video game called Undertale Yellow)

Yesterday I finished playing Undertale Yellow... this was a fantastic game that was successful in taking my mind off of the pain in which my circumstances have caused me for the duration of my playthrough. The creators spent over 7 years working on this masterpiece of a fan-game that is so good that it you might as well consider it the actual prequel to the original Undertale.

As I reached the end of the game's route where you don't kill anyone, the main character Clover thinks about his interactions with the monsters he met underground. He also realizes some important things, 1. He can't escape the Underground, but he is offered to live out the rest of his life peacefully in hiding with the friends he made along the way. Surely, he had some friends and family above ground that he wanted to get back to. 2. The humans he set out to save were already dead and their souls were being held by the monster king Asgore who is waiting to collect 7 souls in order to break the barrier that is trapping the monsters underground.

So, the conclusion Clover comes to is that his journey into the underground to save the missing humans was all for nothing if he continues to live. He tells the characters that he's with at the end of the game "It's Time.", and then repeats himself for clarification and says, "It's Time to Go." He realizes the only thing he can do to help the inhabitants of the underground is to commit suicide by willingly removing his soul from his body. His sacrifice helps to move the story forward which leads to the events of the first game.

I relate to this character. This year, I embarked on a journey that was ultimately pointless and resulted in me being trapped and isolated, just like Clover is trapped and isolated in the underground. Like Clover, I have the ability to live out the rest of my life trapped in the "Underground", the space in which I've placed myself in that has no point of return. Everyone in my life that I forged a close connection with is gone, my best friend, my ex-girlfriend, my favorite cousin, and many other people who are no longer in my life.

Like Clover, I see a benefit in admitting that "It's Time.... It's Time to Go." This life very little hope in it. The people I spent years forging friendships and a relationship with are gone forever. I am unable to feel for new people the way I was able to feel for them. If my life is re-run in the last moments that I am alive, I'll get to see them again. If I can live my life again within that slowed time dilation, I can spend moments with them again. My hope is that after I leave this dimension, I'll be able to see them again... live this life over... but I know that's a best-case scenario... the only person who regularly speaks about this possibility is a guy named Anthony Peake... but it's my most desired outcome after death so I've read and watched almost everything he's had to say about his hypothesis. Even if I can never see them again, if my memories are wiped and reincarnation is real, I will be able to forge connections with new people in a new life, without any attachment to my past life. My hope is that I meet some of the people in my soul group again.

Clover took his life after realizing the only other option was to live for decades in hiding. These next decades ahead for me, while I cannot predict the future, will most likely be spent in semi-isolation. I have a new partner who seemingly is interested in the long term, but spending the rest of my life with this new partner I've settled with feels like deciding to spend decades waiting to die. Just like Clover would have if he hadn't given up his soul. There's no point in a life that's hit the end of the road. 22 or 80. It really doesn't matter when I die. My life is over. So... is it "Time to Go"?... or do I hold on and try to enjoy the "Underground" for several decades like Clover would have if he hadn't chosen to die.