• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
I am not suggesting anyone do this, actually, I'd advise against it. I have come to this conclusion based on my personal biological make up.

it took me months, slowly gaining pound by pound. im not even sure how long it took me. i was eating and i was trying. i had finally managed to gain 10lbs. then all within 3 days i lost it. every pound i had, gone. right back to where i started. its been a couple months of me trying again and i still havent gotten any back. but i dont feel like ive lost any physical progress. before i gained those 10lbs i struggled....to even stand up. i didnt have the energy to do anything. id be staggering down the hall trying to get to the bathroom. if i tried to make myself something basic and quick id be on the floor out of breath, dizzy. i still cant do much, but even though im back down to my previous weight, i dont feel back where i was.

maybe starving myself now and again isnt a bad thing..?

• Hugs
Reactions: Zazacosta
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
Considering the small margins you seem to be describing, I think it's a very bad thing for your health.

My guess is that you gained a bunch of nutrients with the pounds you put on, and that you're still benefiting from that.

5nicotine

5nicotine

Jan 3, 2024
Nah man, don't be silly. I agree with the above poster that this is just you riding the wave from having eaten properly for a while. If you asked a doctor about this they'd be able to explain to you what is happening, but their main point would be that your energy levels don't tell everything about your health and that you're not an unbiased observer of your body.

They'd also tell you that every eating disordered person thinks they're the special exception to all the rules and have a "special biological makeup". Understanding that has been pretty key to the recovery I've been able to do.

Sorry, I understand that recovery is hard. I'm responding jokingly because I think you're also joking with this and deep down understand that starving yourself now and again is silly eating disordered behaviour.

• Yay!
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Nah man, don't be silly. I agree with the above poster that this is just you riding the wave from having eaten properly for a while. If you asked a doctor about this they'd be able to explain to you what is happening, but their main point would be that your energy levels don't tell everything about your health and that you're not an unbiased observer of your body.

They'd also tell you that every eating disordered person thinks they're the special exception to all the rules and have a "special biological makeup". Understanding that has been pretty key to the recovery I've been able to do.

Sorry, I understand that recovery is hard. I'm responding jokingly because I think you're also joking with this and deep down understand that starving yourself now and again is silly eating disordered behaviour.
tell me you know nothing about my life XD

5nicotine

5nicotine

Jan 3, 2024
tell me you know nothing about my life XD
I don't know anything about your life, but doctors do know a lot about many anorexic lives and they see the patterns. Please do tell why your life and "biological makeup" could be so special?

I'm really sorry I'm being mean. It is not good to starve yourself now and again and you know it.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I don't know anything about your life, but doctors do know a lot about many anorexic lives and they see the patterns. Please do tell why your life and "biological makeup" could be so special?

I'm really sorry I'm being mean. It is not good to starve yourself now and again and you know it.
because the high majority of cases the doctors look at start from the teenage years when the body has already adjusted and learned what a normal amount of food is.
my body on the other hand has absolutely zero idea. ive been starved since birth and for years, if not my whole life (i havent exactly spent my life calorie counting but i visually know what ive eaten in a day) have survived off of about 500cals a day without even noticing until recently

5nicotine

5nicotine

Jan 3, 2024
because the high majority of cases the doctors look at start from the teenage years when the body has already adjusted and learned what a normal amount of food is.
my body on the other hand has absolutely zero idea. ive been starved since birth and for years, if not my whole life (i havent exactly spent my life calorie counting but i visually know what ive eaten in a day) have survived off of about 500cals a day without even noticing until recently
Okay, and your post says that you still can't do much now that you're starving yourself again. That means your body at your usual state of 500 kcals a day is not working. Could it be that you could do more if you stopped starving yourself? How is it an argument that you should keep starving yourself because you can bounce between 1 % and 20 % of your possible functionality indefinitely? If you tried to recover you could maybe be at 30 %? 50 %? 70 %? functionality permanently.

They have also studied child famine victims and refeeding them. Can you find me a study where they say that yeah, famine victims should be permanently kept on a low-calorie diet forever because their bodies just can't adjust to normal amounts of food?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Okay, and your post says that you still can't do much now that you're starving yourself again
thats not what i said at all. i actually stated the exact opposite
Can you find me a study where they say that yeah, famine victims should be permanently kept on a low-calorie diet forever because their bodies just can't adjust to normal amounts of food?
lmfao, i never said that

5nicotine

5nicotine

Jan 3, 2024
i still cant do much, but even though im back down to my previous weight, i dont feel back where i was.

yo

Dude, please try to eat. Anorexia is hard and your situation is hard, but it would probably be less hard if you were at a normal weight and could do much.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
. id be staggering down the hall trying to get to the bathroom. if i tried to make myself something basic and quick id be on the floor out of breath, dizzy. i still cant do much, but even though im back down to my previous weight, i dont feel back where i was.
5 words, doesnt tell you anything.
"i cant do much" because i still feel like i should conserve my energy because im aware im not recovered yet.
you completely skipped over the fact where several months ago i literally couldnt even walk or stand there.
Considering the small margins you seem to be describing, I think it's a very bad thing for your health.

My guess is that you gained a bunch of nutrients with the pounds you put on, and that you're still benefiting from that.
probably, but it would be nice if i didnt gain more weight.

Last edited:
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
It's very unlikely that you have a medical condition that causes basic physiology to not apply to you. Any rapid weight loss or gain is usually caused by changes in water and food weight.

• Yay!
Reactions: Life_and_Death