Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I would like to share this suicide note that I found on r/SuicideWatch a few years ago (now deleted). I'm not completely sure of the exact reason why but it struck me. Even though me and this person's reasons for going are not entirely the same, I really relate to it. It's seems like everything I want to put in a suicide note which I couldn't put into words myself. This will be my reference point for my suicide note when and if the time comes. Here is the suicide note, perhaps you might get something out of it too..

(It's a screenshot of the text since the character limit is 10000)

original

martha

martha

Experienced
Mar 14, 2019
sry, I get blurry eyes.
I would not call this exactly a suicide note

garby

garby

Regular Blackout Drunk
Apr 6, 2019
I'm 24 and I can relate honestly. It seems like what they're feeling is what most people who have sought out this site have felt before, especially back when they were 15/16. I spent every single day of highschool with my head in my arms, obsessed with the idea of gaining enough strength to finally kill myself. Questioning every single aspect of who I was, who other people were, and why I couldn't fit in with them.

This hits closer to home then I could imagine, especially so being someone who is beyond apathetic to their own feelings and has been for 6-8 years now. It reminds me of a time when I actively wanted to commit suicide and didn't just have a vague feeling of wanting to die that pushes the limits every single day.

Reactions: Sockeye Salmon
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Note-to-self: keep it short.

"I'm not being emotional, I have been ostracized by those around me and alienated by people who should be close to me. My undeveloped social skills further lead to my isolation, and worsened my depression which lead me to commit suicide. I bare no grudges, and hope you will come to terms with my decision" - 55 words

Reactions: Kassender, Ashpac and esclava
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
damn that is sad : (.
Tbh, I'm gonna keep my note short. They are gonna be too much in pain to read through it clearly. And who wants to go back to it after they have "healed"from the incident? No point.

Reactions: martha
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I'd personally make mine as long as her's, just so I can really tell in detail how I feel and what got me to the point where I have to end it, since where I live people are pretty shallow minded and judgemental and would definitely see my suicide as something of a selfish move. I may make even two versions, one for people I know irl, and people online, with the latter containing more sensitive information. Maybe.

Reactions: Kassender
Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
I'd personally make mine as long as her's, just so I can really tell in detail how I feel and what got me to the point where I have to end it, since where I live people are pretty shallow minded and judgemental and would definitely see my suicide as something of a selfish move. I may make even two versions, one for people I know irl, and people online, with the latter containing more sensitive information. Maybe.
I've often thought if I was to leave a note I'd type out rather than write !! Hate writing these days and if I wrote that much hand would be aching at the end

Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I've often thought if I was to leave a note I'd type out rather than write !! Hate writing these days and if I wrote that much hand would be aching at the end
Me too. I rarely even write stuff up with a pen or pencil these days.