• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Here is a vision (2 clips) of how compassionate things could be if a charity/service/building were allowed to exist (within the law) for one to go to of they desired to end their own life. Every single day that passes, people are suffering intolerable pain, all because this charity/service/building, does not exist.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be rules: But everyone of "sound mind" (and merely wanting to die cannot be the basis for saying they aren't "sound minded") should have the absolute control over their life... otherwise we are only slaves here.

From Soylent Green (1973)
, an ecological dystopian film: In the year 2022, the cumulative effects of overpopulation, pollution and a climate catastrophe have caused severe worldwide shortages of food, water and housing.

Roth (prolithic actor Edward G. Robinson in his final film) is so disgusted with his life in a degraded world that he seeks assisted suicide at a government clinic. Thorn (Charlton Heston) finds a message left by Roth and rushes to stop him, but arrives too late. Roth and Thorn are mesmerized by the euthanasia process's visual and musical montage—long-gone forests, wild animals, rivers and ocean life... as he peacefully falls asleep and passes away.

edit: Damn, they blocked it... that was fast! Very sorry!! See my post down below for more info...

Last edited:
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Sorry all... I did a lot of work to get this ready to share with you... even made the clips as short as possible (~3 minutes) and said they were for educational purposes... which they are.

But they were taken down almost instantly ;-;.

The movie is currently playing on "HBO Max" in the USA and available many places to rent for $3. Only ~6 minutes near the very end of the movie is the best idealized vision of assisted suicide I could imagine. I think most of us here would find it inspiring & a very good way to go! There are a few other interesting things in the movie, but overall, it's so-so (from 1973 after all).

If anyone knows a good way to share a couple of clips of this (albeit fictionalized) vision of assisted suicide... please PM me.

I'll repost if I can find a good way to share the videos.

Last edited: