T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019

A few things to note.

1. USA is one of the worse places when it comes to disability help. The fact is, you most likely will have to go in front of a judge at some point and beg to be allowed to get help. many judges are basters IMO because there is many cases saying things to autistic people like, you were autistic before getting a job, during, and after. Therefore you don't need SSDI. Basically, unless if you're blind or have some other problem that is physical, then you have a higher likely to getting help. But even then, it's highly iffy.
  2. To qualify for SSDI you must have worked the past 5 of the last 10 years in a job that paid into social security. Also, many have to use lawyers to get approved. Many times the lawyers will collect part of the benefits each month as their payment.
  3. If you have more than $2k in assets (car, stocks, or a mix of whatever). Then you simply won't be able to qualify for SSI. But note the amount you get is virtually nothing and the cap and amount you get hasn't changed since 1980's.
  4. Each state can be different. Like most states have no program to help people. But some states do.
For me, even with being disabled. Because I own more than $2k in stuff (including stuff used to try to get me out of this hole), I don't qualify for anything. IMO I think the system is broke, but maybe it might help someone here

• Aww..
Reactions: Passersby and unperson
unperson

unperson

nontitle
May 8, 2021

A few things to note.

1. USA is one of the worse places when it comes to disability help. The fact is, you most likely will have to go in front of a judge at some point and beg to be allowed to get help. many judges are basters IMO because there is many cases saying things to autistic people like, you were autistic before getting a job, during, and after. Therefore you don't need SSDI. Basically, unless if you're blind or have some other problem that is physical, then you have a higher likely to getting help. But even then, it's highly iffy.
  2. To qualify for SSDI you must have worked the past 5 of the last 10 years in a job that paid into social security. Also, many have to use lawyers to get approved. Many times the lawyers will collect part of the benefits each month as their payment.
  3. If you have more than $2k in assets (car, stocks, or a mix of whatever). Then you simply won't be able to qualify for SSI. But note the amount you get is virtually nothing and the cap and amount you get hasn't changed since 1980's.
  4. Each state can be different. Like most states have no program to help people. But some states do.
For me, even with being disabled. Because I own more than $2k in stuff (including stuff used to try to get me out of this hole), I don't qualify for anything. IMO I think the system is broke, but maybe it might help someone here
Hey man they said this site was pro choice not pro suiced!!!! You can't SAY stuff like that on here! I have a particular time/contingency based ctb plan and your post had me on the edge of just jumping the bus this instant (JTB— jtb should be the new term for sudden impulsive attempts lol!)...

Just making a joke—for those sarcastically challenged (no offense; it's hard sometimes to catch unnecessarily elaborate long winded sarcastic bullshit replies imbued with pretentious tangent laden run on sentences and whatnot)