• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

NikWild

Apr 29, 2024
If these pills are meant to be a sleeping aid/sedative, then the inclusion of albendazole seems to be intentional to discourage possible abuse.
I didn't really understand.Is Bendazole too dangerous in case of overdose or somehow unpleasant?
While interested, I'm quite far from being a chemist. I have difficulties concentrating, so I'll only read about what I'm interested in, most of the time.

You would need to find a solvent that will only dissolve either the pheno, or only the other components. Metamizole is soluble in water, so as a first step you could dissolve the pills in water, then discard the water. You would also lose one gram of pheno for every liter of water, assuming that it's in a form of free acid. Phenobarbital sodium is freely soluble in water, and everything would end up in the filtrate.
I understand that it is necessary to find such a solvent.You could not suggest such a solution, because I have not found information on readily available and safe solvents that would cope better than ordinary cold water...

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Bendazole too dangerous in case of overdose or somehow unpleasant?

Wikipedia says that:

Side effects

The most common side effects of albendazole are experienced by over 10% of people and include headache and abnormal liver function.[2] Elevation of liver enzymes occurs in 16% of patients receiving treatment specifically for hydatid disease and goes away when treatment ends.[12][34] Liver enzymes usually increase to two to four times the normal levels (a mild to moderate increase).[35] An estimated 1–10% of people experience abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting, dizziness or vertigo, increased intracranial pressure, meningeal signs, temporary hair loss, and fever. The headache, nausea, and vomiting are thought to be caused by the sudden destruction of cysticerci (tapeworm larvae), which causes acute inflammation.[36] Fewer than 1% of people get hypersensitivity reactions such as rashes and hives, leukopenias (drop in white blood cell levels) such as agranulocytosis and granulocytopenia, thrombocytopenia (reduced platelet count), pancytopenia (drop in white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets), hepatitis, acute liver failure, acute kidney injury, irreversible bone marrow suppression, and aplastic anemia.[2][37]
Side effects can be different when treating for hydatid disease versus neurocysticercosis: for example, those being treated for the former are more likely to experience elevated liver enzymes and abdominal pain, while those being treated for the latter are more likely to experience headache.[34] Treating hydatid disease can also unmask undiagnosed neurocysticercosis.[34] People receiving albendazole for the treatment of neurocysticercosis can have neurological side effects such as seizures, increased intracranial pressure, and focal signs caused by the inflammatory reaction that occurs when parasites in the brain are killed. Steroids and anticonvulsants are often given with albendazole when treating neurocysticercosis to avoid these effects.[34] Those being treated for retinal neurocysticercosis can face retinal damage if they are not first checked for ocular cysticeri, since changes to existing lesions in the eye by albendazole can cause permanent blindness.[12]

Overdose

Because of its low solubility, albendazole often cannot be absorbed in high enough quantities to be toxic.[36] The oral LD50​ of albendazole in rats was found to be 2,500 mg/kg.[28] It takes 20 times the normal dose to kill a sheep, and 30 times the normal dose to kill cattle.[1] Overdose affects the liver, testicles, and GI tract the most. It can manifest with lethargy, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, intestinal cramps, dizziness, convulsions, and sleepiness. There is no specified antidote.[32

And also that:

Interactions

The antiepileptics carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital lower the plasma concentration and half-life of albendazole sulfoxide's R(+) enantiomer.[38]
From that, it looks like the overdose (of albendazole) could be a very unpleasant experience, but not lethal.

You could not suggest such a solution, because I have not found information on readily available and safe solvents that would cope better than ordinary cold water...
These pills seem to be designed to not have an easy way to separate the ingredients. At least not the important ones. Pure acetone is a safe solvent, as it evaporates completely. But getting rid of the filler is not really a priority in this case. I'm not sure if a solvent that can only dissolve one of the key components is freely available, if it even exists.

Reactions: NikWild
N

NikWild

Apr 29, 2024
Wikipedia says that:

And also that:

From that, it looks like the overdose (of albendazole) could be a very unpleasant experience, but not lethal.

These pills seem to be designed to not have an easy way to separate the ingredients. At least not the important ones. Pure acetone is a safe solvent, as it evaporates completely. But getting rid of the filler is not really a priority in this case. I'm not sure if a solvent that can only dissolve one of the key components is freely available, if it even exists.
And if you try to get rid of only analgin by dissolving the tablets in water and collecting the sediment, will an overdose cause severe pain?

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
And if you try to get rid of only analgin by dissolving the tablets in water and collecting the sediment, will an overdose cause severe pain?
Apparently there are some people (fewer than 1%) who could develop a liver or kidney failure, but these effects are not immediate. Other than that, the effects mentioned can maybe not categorized as "severe pain", but they seem very unpleasant to experience. It is not clear how soon the effects would start. Looks like antiemetics and opioid painkillers could alleviate some of them.