chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I thought that I have hit all possible bottoms, but since a few days, I can't even concentrate on anything at all, I barely can write or read, my mind is likfe fogged.

I was going to make a big post trying to explain is an d ask if someone had passed through the same, but the words aren't [can't even fill this with the appropriate verb]

It never happened before... I had lost almost everything in different moments, but my mind, my cognition...

no, please, no...

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: azad, ColorlessTrees, not-2-b-the-answer and 10 others
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I know how exactly you feel. I made a thread about it.. And.. I didn't know what to say. It doesn't even have a title because.. Sigh..

I don't know if it gets better. I don't think it will.. I'm sorry.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, not-2-b-the-answer, chocolatebar and 4 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It's a nightmare, isn't it? I have trouble remembering what I had for dinner a day or two ago, or when I brushed my teeth etc. I can't follow movies or conversations very well. I miss out chunks of things and then I have to try and fill in the blanks with what seems most logical. Does that sound like you at all?

This stuff, in combination with my horrible fatigue, was the main reason I joined SS.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, not-2-b-the-answer, achromatic and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really think that there is a limit as to how awful things can get in this life. Life can always get much worse and there are an unlimited amount of ways in which life can torture people. It's really so horrific. All that humans are destined for anyway is to deteriorate and lose everything.
I'm sorry that you are trapped in this situation.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and artificial_ineptness
artificial_ineptness

artificial_ineptness

Nov 14, 2021
That sounds debilitating and horrible. I don't know if it needs to be said, but maybe you should go see a doctor? Especially given that it showed up out of nowhere and hit you so hard so quick. At the very least I'd expect that you could get your bloodwork done to check for some deficiencies.

I think it's probably "brain fog", although it's quite a vague term.

The issue is that it is not well understood at all and can be related to a bunch of things. It seems like it might generally be related to neuroinflammation. It has been reported by some people as a part of their "long covid" symptoms but it can as well just be the result of some lifestyle factors or other things.

A bunch of possible solutions might sound quite "lame", but it could help to get your diet in order, making sure you get some (cardio) exercise, dealing with possible sleep disorders/issues, possibly trying to get rid / change some of your medication. Some people have reported getting it due to some spinal misalignment (I think my bad posture is partly to blame for it in my case). It could be something completely different, though, e.g. I think someone mentioned mold as well. Also, supplementing with flavonoids luteolin and quercetin might help (with the inflammation).

If you need some clarification or elaboration on any of the points, please ask. Don't want to make this any longer. I can also cite sources for most of this (a couple of research papers, a book about it, and reading through some experiences on reddit). When I was dealing with it, I realized that I have to do something, because I felt I can't even properly plan and research my suicide as long as I'm all fogged up. Maybe some of this helps you or someone

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and chocolatebar
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I know how exactly you feel. I made a thread about it.. And.. I didn't know what to say. It doesn't even have a title because.. Sigh..

I don't know if it gets better. I don't think it will.. I'm sorry.
I didn't see your post, sorry. How long have you been feeling like this?

It's a nightmare, isn't it? I have trouble remembering what I had for dinner a day or two ago, or when I brushed my teeth etc. I can't follow movies or conversations very well. I miss out chunks of things and then I have to try and fill in the blanks with what seems most logical. Does that sound like you at all?

This stuff, in combination with my horrible fatigue, was the main reason I joined SS.
sorry for taking so long to answer. Yes, some things you mentioned have been happening to me, like not remembering things, but I'm not sure about the "filling in the blanks" thing. I was much worse a few days ago and couldn't properly do some things, so I even avoided answering to you. Another user mentioned the brain fog, that also feels familiar to what I'm experiencing. I'm not sure what it is.

Did you have this trouble for all your life? Or did it develop or get worse at some point?
I don't really think that there is a limit as to how awful things can get in this life. Life can always get much worse and there are an unlimited amount of ways in which life can torture people. It's really so horrific. All that humans are destined for anyway is to deteriorate and lose everything.
I'm sorry that you are trapped in this situation.
Indeed, every situation can get worse in various ways, but, if we're to imagine something getting better, we can become limited in our imagination. decay is something terrible and, in my point of view, enough to consider life as something negative and to be avoided.

That sounds debilitating and horrible. I don't know if it needs to be said, but maybe you should go see a doctor? Especially given that it showed up out of nowhere and hit you so hard so quick. At the very least I'd expect that you could get your bloodwork done to check for some deficiencies.

I think it's probably "brain fog", although it's quite a vague term.

The issue is that it is not well understood at all and can be related to a bunch of things. It seems like it might generally be related to neuroinflammation. It has been reported by some people as a part of their "long covid" symptoms but it can as well just be the result of some lifestyle factors or other things.

A bunch of possible solutions might sound quite "lame", but it could help to get your diet in order, making sure you get some (cardio) exercise, dealing with possible sleep disorders/issues, possibly trying to get rid / change some of your medication. Some people have reported getting it due to some spinal misalignment (I think my bad posture is partly to blame for it in my case). It could be something completely different, though, e.g. I think someone mentioned mold as well. Also, supplementing with flavonoids luteolin and quercetin might help (with the inflammation).

If you need some clarification or elaboration on any of the points, please ask. Don't want to make this any longer. I can also cite sources for most of this (a couple of research papers, a book about it, and reading through some experiences on reddit). When I was dealing with it, I realized that I have to do something, because I felt I can't even properly plan and research my suicide as long as I'm all fogged up. Maybe some of this helps you or someone
thanks for the concern

the last time I did these exams was like 3 years ago, but I'm sure that I'm deficient in some things... especially vitamin D.
I have read some time ago about brain fog, but didn't out much thought at it. After all, knowing about it is very different from actually experiencing it. I will look a little more into it.

The possible solutions are a bit complicated for me, because I have too many restrictions on food and difficulty in doing exercises.I also have been sleeping really poorly, and, perhaps, this could be a starting point. I also have a lot of postural problems, like scoliosis,,.

I'm worried now. Do you know me in person? How could you describe me so accurately? :D

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and artificial_ineptness
artificial_ineptness

artificial_ineptness

Nov 14, 2021
I'm glad you're at least somewhat functional now, OP.

I'm sure that I'm deficient in some things... especially vitamin D.
I've been constantly supplementing it for a couple of years now, but I think it's unavoidable for someone like me who never goes outside. :ahhha:

After all, knowing about it is very different from actually experiencing it.
For sure, and knowing can be quite far from doing or being even remotely successful at changing / fixing things.

The possible solutions are a bit complicated for me, because I have too many restrictions on food and difficulty in doing exercises.I also have been sleeping really poorly, and, perhaps, this could be a starting point. I also have a lot of postural problems, like scoliosis,,.
I understand. BTW, just to be clear, I never meant to imply that your or anyone's issues are simple or that you should "just do this one simple trick, bro" and your life will be amazing.

I think for me it's also due to a bunch of these general factors. If I restrict my sugar intake, move around some more, don't forget to stay hydrated and try to not sit like a fucking hunched over goblin all day staring at a black mirror, it is not as bad. Still not fully sure what's wrong, so I'm with you on trying to figure it out. I think you might have more serious restrictions than me, though.

I think better sleep hygiene could go some way to help (just in general as well), at least mid/long term, but maybe you have some sleep disorder.

Hope you can figure something out that alleviates the brain fog for you.

I'm worried now. Do you know me in person? How could you describe me so accurately? :D
I totally do not live inside your walls. That would be ridiculous ... right? Nah, don't worry, you probably just got hit with something like the Barnum effect.

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I'm glad you're at least somewhat functional now, OP.
thank you. I'm somewhat better, but I fear never returning to normal. he amount of time I take to properly do things, like writing this is disproportional and makes me feel really bad about it
and yet, I'm doing things in a strange way. I already received some feedback of acting blunt, but I can't even understand what I did
I totally do not live inside your walls. That would be ridiculous ... right? Nah, don't worry, you probably just got hit with something like the Barnum effect.
It was an attempt at making a joke about how I had all the problems you mentioned, sorry
I understand. BTW, just to be clear, I never meant to imply that your or anyone's issues are simple or that you should "just do this one simple trick, bro" and your life will be amazing.
I didn't have this impression from your text, it's fine

• Hugs
Reactions: artificial_ineptness