E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Pacino's line "God likes to watch" is actually very provocative.

According to christiany god "works" through the believers, god performs miracles. God is very much involved with people's destinies and actively hands our rewards or punishments, according to each person's worth. God is anything but passivly watching.

This is why christians will say things such as "it's god's wish", "it's all part of god's plan" because to them god does not just watch, god wishes, intervenes and makes things happen.

"Pray and you shall be heard" - the implication here is that there is a god who listens and helps you out in your hour of need. Pray, and god shall "tilt" the universe in your favour.

"Knock and the door shall be open" - my personal favourite (no irony here, the Bible is full of wonderful quotes).

Last edited:
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Pacino's line "God likes to watch" is actually very provocative.

According to christiany god "works" through the believers, god performs miracles. God is very much involved with people's destinies and actively hands our rewards or punishments, according to each person's worth. God is anything but passivly watching.

This is why christians will say things such as "it's god's wish", "it's all part of god's plan" because to them god does not just watch, god wishes, intervenes and makes things happen.

"Pray and you shall be heard" - the implication here is that there is a god who listens and helps you out in your hour of need. Pray, and god shall "tilt" the universe in your favour.

"Knock and the door shall be open" - my personal favourite (no irony here, the Bible is full of wonderful quotes).
Well how does that have anything to do with the OT?

Since you brought up God I think God must be the supreme misanthrope

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Well how does that have anything to do with the OT?

Since you brought up God I think God must be the supreme misanthrope

Would you like to elaborate on that? I am not sure I follow.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Why did you talk about god in your last post?

Oh, now I understand. It was a reply to a video posted by Jean Améry.

In that video Al Pacino, playing the Devil says "God likes to watch", so I was commenting on that.

It was a bit of a digression.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov