• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thia

recovering
Nov 24, 2023
My mental health was deteriorating. I was on the verge of suicide. I finally had a breakdown this week. Someone whom I was talking to on this site probably killed himself right around the same time. Since then, I spent some time doing absolutely nothing. I couldn't do anything. My thoughts were a mess. It took a while for me to be able to get up.

Now?

I am still not happy per se, but I don't feel suicidal or even depressed right now. It is a nice feeling.
Though I do feel anxious at times, not knowing what is going to happen next.

I don't know if this state of relative normalcy would continue, or for how long. Maybe I would get better for real. Or maybe I would relapse and finally take my own life.

But please know that it does get better sometimes--even if you feel that you would never feel better again.

And may Reuthry rest in peace and suffer no more. I wish I could have done more for him. He didn't deserve the things he went through, and I still believe that he wouldn't have taken the decision to kill himself had he lived a better life in a kinder environment.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Redacted24, ForgottenAgain and 2 others
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Sometimes we need these breakdowns. I have one every few years and major one this summer. It's changed my life. It's good. I still suffer but I'm still here for now.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Redacted24, Thia and 1 other person
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
You shouldn't beat yourself up about what you could have done. While it's probaby true that they would still be alive if they had a kinder environment, it was out of your control, you did all you could.
Try not to worry other things that haven't happened yet, I honestly believe that bad thoughts can manifest as actuall consequences, if you worry about something enough it will eventually happen.
And yes for many, things can get better.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Redacted24 and Thia
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
A crisis quite often leads to major change, either for better or worse. Sounds like in your case it's the former. Let's hope that the improvement is long lasting, even permanent. Good luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Redacted24 and Thia