• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
I know this is an odd question, but I'm in a situation where I can't really kill myself yet, but I definitely want to die. Since I can't what's a good method that won't kill me but will definitely look like an attempted suicide to where it will get me help because no one around me cares enough at all. I want to get help but asking for it doesn't seem to work no matter how bad I PUBLICLY display my symptoms.

Reactions: beefbaby
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Just tell them you want to kill yourself and you have a plan to do it. A hospital stay is probably not going to be very theraputic but rather sitting around getting meds. I would not take sleeping pills or benzos...I suspect you don't have access to benzos or percription sleeping pills. Taking too many pills will fuck up your stomach at the very least.

I hope you find some satisfying help.

Reactions: siray, persimmontea, everydayiloveyou and 1 other person
foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
Just tell them you want to kill yourself and you have a plan to do it. A hospital stay is probably not going to be very theraputic but rather sitting around getting meds. I would not take sleeping pills or benzos...I suspect you don't have access to benzos or percription sleeping pills. Taking too many pills will fuck up your stomach at the very least.

I hope you find some satisfying help.
Yeah, I don't really want to risk getting my stomach pumped. It sounds awful but also straight up telling someone I have a plan sounds even worse. I feel like I'm stuck in such a shitty situation where I will never win lol.

Reactions: persimmontea
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
What kind of help do you want? How old are you? The help is: dr. psychiatrist and therapist.

If you have any interests and they are social I encourage you to seek this out for a distraction.

foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
What kind of help do you want? How old are you? The help is: dr. psychiatrist and therapist.

If you have any interests and they are social I encourage you to seek this out for a distraction.
I guess anything that will really just help me stay stable. I used to have a therapist and a psychiatrist but now I only have a psychiatrist that I see maybe once every 2 months that only refills my medications. I am 18. I've been trying to distract myself with things but everything is boring even social interactions. I can't even distract myself when I do get into things. At this point I try to sleep for as long as I can (usually can't more than 14 hours). I'm just at a loss and everyday for me is just miserable and nothing seems to help.

Reactions: lightning
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I guess anything that will really just help me stay stable. I used to have a therapist and a psychiatrist but now I only have a psychiatrist that I see maybe once every 2 months that only refills my medications. I am 18. I've been trying to distract myself with things but everything is boring even social interactions. I can't even distract myself when I do get into things. At this point I try to sleep for as long as I can (usually can't more than 14 hours). I'm just at a loss and everyday for me is just miserable and nothing seems to help.
This sounds really stressful and bad. I relate to not being able to find anything distracting that is positive. Are you worried about having to go to college or get a job? 18 is a really stressful time...or at least for some. It's good in a way that you can sleep a long time...

It sounds like you should perhaps get your meds adjusted and....I don't know...what are you thinking about for what to do now that you are not in high school?

I'm really sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.
They say some meds increase suicidal thoughts...perhaps this is one reason this is getting so intense for you.

Last edited:
foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
This sounds really stressful and bad. I relate to not being able to find anything distracting that is positive. Are you worried about having to go to college or get a job? 18 is a really stressful time...or at least for some. It's good in a way that you can sleep a long time...

It sounds like you should perhaps get your meds adjusted and....I don't know...what are you thinking about for what to do now that you are not in high school?

I'm really sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.
I'm actually really behind in school due to my mental issues. I still haven't graduated yet and still have almost 2 years left. I also am on a lower dosage, so maybe that's it but it seems like no medications really work for me. I think this might be around my 10th antidepressant I've tried. I'm honestly just tired of living and don't really care if I get happy later in life or not but I just want to be stable enough so that my last couple of years aren't that miserable. Hopefully I'll find someway of getting attention so someone will care and I'll finally get help or something.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Null Hypothesis and Alwaysbadtime
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I tried to pm you just in case you want someone to chat with but it wouldn't allow me as I guess it's because you haven't posted much...I really hope you can get the help you need. I'm so sorry to hear you're in so much pain and struggling. That's a ton of meds to already have tried being so young. Perhaps meds increase suicidal thoughts...I don't know. Perhaps the diagnosis you got is false or the meds aren't helping. I don't know.

Good luck and message me if you want or can.

Reactions: Null Hypothesis
foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
I tried to pm you just in case you want someone to chat with but it wouldn't allow me as I guess it's because you haven't posted much...I really hope you can get the help you need. I'm so sorry to hear you're in so much pain and struggling. That's a ton of meds to already have tried being so young. Perhaps meds increase suicidal thoughts...I don't know. Perhaps the diagnosis you got is false or the meds aren't helping. I don't know.

Good luck and message me if you want or can.
Thank you. I really appreciate it

• Love
Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
one.way.out

one.way.out

Student
Jul 9, 2021
Overdosing. You can take a ridiculous amount of OTC medication and not die.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Overdosing. You can take a ridiculous amount of OTC medication and not die.
Horrible advice. This will destroy one's stomach and liver.

Reactions: Apricity, Ame and Null Hypothesis
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
If pumping your stomach sounds bad then it doesn't sound like you'd wanna deal with the pain of cutting your wrist/throat, jumping and breaking a ton of bones, or messing up an exit bag or hanging. There's a reason why people say that cliche "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." For most of the accessible and lethal methods there is no going back. You can try SN but either way you are risking death or a long and painful stint in the ER, and possibly permanent chronic illness, before you transfer over to the psych ward.

Your best shot is to call a suicide hotline, tell them you are ready to commit suicide right that instance, and get sectioned. If you have a history of self-harm or suicide attempts, just saying you have a plan could get you sectioned.

Why do you think getting sectioned will help? You should really discuss these thoughts with your psychiatrist when you see them. Probably just mentioning that you made this post on SS can get you sectioned depending on your condition. You might need a change in meds and to go back to seeing a therapist at least once per week.

Reactions: demuic
foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
If pumping your stomach sounds bad then it doesn't sound like you'd wanna deal with the pain of cutting your wrist/throat, jumping and breaking a ton of bones, or messing up an exit bag or hanging.

Your best shot is to call a suicide hotline, tell them you are ready to commit suicide right that instance, and get sectioned. If you have a history of self-harm or suicide attempts, just saying you have a plan could get you sectioned.

Why do you think getting sectioned will help? You should really discuss these thoughts with your psychiatrist when you see them. Probably just mentioning that you made this post on SS can get you sectioned depending on your condition. You might need a change in meds and to go back to seeing a therapist at least once per week.
I actually don't mind breaking bones. As long as I pass out, I'm fine. Just have an odd sensitivity to stomach getting pumped.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I actually don't mind breaking bones. As long as I pass out, I'm fine. Just have an odd sensitivity to stomach getting pumped.
Why do you want to risk permanent physical pain just to get sectioned? You can be sectioned without any of that. Do you speak about your suicidal ideation in this kind of detail to your doctors?

foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
Why do you want to risk permanent physical pain just to get sectioned? You can be sectioned without any of that. Do you speak about your suicidal ideation in this kind of detail to your doctors?
I just don't feel comfortable talking to anyone about my suicidal thoughts. It's as simple as that. Sounds pretty dumb but I don't really care that much about my body to begin with.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I just don't feel comfortable talking to anyone about my suicidal thoughts. It's as simple as that. Sounds pretty dumb but I don't really care that much about my body to begin with.
So you aren't comfortable talking about your suicidal thoughts to get your desired outcome, but you're ok with destroying your body or causing yourself permanent physical pain for that same outcome? You also feel comfortable posting on SS about these same thoughts, but not getting your desired outcome?

It's not dumb, we all experience this feeling about suicidality. What is it that makes talking about it difficult for you? Are you unsure what to say? Ashamed? Nervous?

Aug 17, 2021
You can try SN but either way you are risking death or a long and painful stint in the ER, and possibly permanent chronic illness, before you transfer over to the psych ward.

"permanent chronic illness"

How would they develop such a thing by ingesting SN?

foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
So you aren't comfortable talking about your suicidal thoughts to get your desired outcome, but you're ok with destroying your body or causing yourself permanent physical pain for that same outcome?

It's not dumb, we all experience this feeling about suicidality. What is it that makes talking about it difficult for you? Are you unsure what to say? Ashamed? Nervous?
I'm just nervous about it. I have never really said I was openly suicidal to anyone in person. I just would rather show them I am instead of saying it.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
"permanent chronic illness"

How would they develop such a thing by ingesting SN?
Idk, it's just a possibility. We don't know exactly which method OP will choose, what precautions they will take, what conditions they already have, etc... There's many things that could affect a medical outcome. OP is asking specifically for a non-lethal method that will look like an obvious attempt, enough to get them hospitalized.

I'm just nervous about it. I have never really said I was openly suicidal to anyone in person. I just would rather show them I am instead of saying it.
Why would you rather show them? Is there another way you could show them? Maybe if talking is too much, you can send an email, draw a picture, or write a letter and give it to your psychiatrist.

How about you challenge yourself and try to talk about this for the first time with someone? What are some things that could ease your nerves? Remember that talking about this to even a complete stranger over a chatline or helpline will get you the exact result that you desire.

How are you publically displaying your symptoms? Do you only attempt/self-harm and not speak about these things to people?

foreverotting

foreverotting

-
Oct 1, 2020
Idk, it's just a possibility. We don't know exactly which method OP will choose, what precautions they will take, what conditions they already have, etc... There's many things that could affect a medical outcome. OP is asking specifically for a non-lethal method that will look like an obvious attempt, enough to get them hospitalized.

Why would you rather show them? Is there another way you could show them? Maybe if talking is too much, you can send an email, draw a picture, or write a letter and give it to your psychiatrist.

How about you challenge yourself and try to talk about this for the first time with someone? What are some things that could ease your nerves? Remember that talking about this to even a complete stranger over a chatline or helpline will get you the exact result that you desire.

How are you publically displaying your symptoms? Do you only attempt/self-harm and not speak about these things to people?
I sleep for hours everyday, don't leave my room unless I have to use the bathroom, I don't socialize with my family at all even though I'm a very social person when I'm not as depressed and when I do I don't speak in a very happy tone of voice but it seems they are too busy to really care or pay attention to details like that. I would rather show them because it's just very hard for me to talk to them about it. If I were to email them they'd just talk to me about it in person even though I feel sick to my stomach when I talk about anything too emotional. I actually remember one time telling my mom I felt suicidal, but she said we couldn't afford any of that treatment for me which I know is not true. I don't think they take me seriously and I want to show them it's serious.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I sleep for hours everyday, don't leave my room unless I have to use the bathroom, I don't socialize with my family at all even though I'm a very social person when I'm not as depressed and when I do I don't speak in a very happy tone of voice but it seems they are too busy to really care or pay attention to details like that. I would rather show them because it's just very hard for me to talk to them about it. If I were to email them they'd just talk to me about it in person even though I feel sick to my stomach when I talk about anything too emotional. I actually remember one time telling my mom I felt suicidal, but she said we couldn't afford any of that treatment for me which I know is not true. I don't think they take me seriously and I want to show them it's serious.
I understand. That's a situation that many of us can relate to unfortunately.

Have you ever attempted before? I just want to point out that if your mother uses money as an excuse, and if your family really doesn't care at all about you, trying to do this in a dangerous way (overdose, jumping, hanging, etc) and failing will prove them right and cause you more trouble down the line. They will come up with more crap to blame on you (unjustifiably, and at your expense) and your problems won't go away.

so your family is clearly not going to listen. How about emailing your psychiatrist directly? Or leaving them a voicemail? Or calling a hotline? The people at a hotline will only ask for your location and call 911 on you. You can even walk out the house, start walking and tell the people on the hotline that you're walking on your way to kill yourself. You will still be hospitalized, it will still be a big deal. Probably some bad things will happen, or some good things will happen, or both. Who knows? The point is that you *kinda* don't want this to be the end, since you're hesitating and asking for non-lethal methods.

You're still very young, and you haven't finished school yet. You don't know if your troubles will ease once you get away from your family (if they really dont care about you, then they will welcome you leaving to get your own apartment or go to college) and it won't be fun adding a stomach pump, broken legs, paralyzed, brain damage, etc... to your medical chart. Don't think about what that means to anyone else. Think if that's the kind of life you want to be living.

Think about this please, and think about what you will really achieve. Make this kind of decision for yourself alone.

Reactions: Hercules, Null Hypothesis and Seiba
Helplessturtle79

Helplessturtle79

Aug 28, 2021
I always thought that if I wanted to do a cry for help, I'd slit my wrists and leave the bathroom door unlocked. It makes a huge mess, but I think only like 0.5% of attempts with suicide by cutting actually succeed.

Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
A compromise could be escaping to "try" to drown and then just calling a hotline and telling them you aborted your drowning attempt and think you need to be in a mental hospital. This would occur no damage and would get you sectioned for an attempt. That aside, I understand trying an attempt is more serious to others than just sectioning yourself alone.

Reactions: Apricity
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
You don't need to "cry for help", just ask for it. If your family is being ignorant, just call a mental health clinic or NAMI if you're in the US.

Reactions: everydayiloveyou