Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
A.I. 'girlfriends' are starting to make serious money for companies. Recently, people have tried to open sexbot brothels.

How long before sexbots become normal in society?
With serious money to be made, not long in my estimation.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Hopefully they eventually become advanced enough to actually make a good proxy for a significant other. I think people also underestimate just how good this would be for lonely women too like think of how awful the majority of men are at communicating and realize that even AI now is already so much better at being a comforting voice than most humans in general are today. Synthetic penises are also already more widespread than the vaginas out there so the idea of attaching one to a robot already seems less of a stretch.

I also hope they'll be affordable to the average Joe and Jane. Maybe like the price of a car would be reasonable enough.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Hopefully they eventually become advanced enough to actually make a good proxy for a significant other. I think people also underestimate just how good this would be for lonely women too like think of how awful the majority of men are at communicating and realize that even AI now is already so much better at being a comforting voice than most humans in general are today. Synthetic penises are also already more widespread than the vaginas out there so the idea of attaching one to a robot already seems less of a stretch.

I also hope they'll be affordable to the average Joe and Jane. Maybe like the price of a car would be reasonable enough.
Yeah, on the one hand, it's a sad state of the world that there is a need for this kind of thing. But on the other hand, given how many people suffer due to social isolation and lonliness, I guess if it makes people's lives more bearable then there are some arguments in its favour.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, ijustwishtodie and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Humm...seeing such things almost makes you wanna stick around to see the downfall of humanity and it's end destination. Almost being the key word.

But I guess whatever helps the lonely and the unwanted right. Why work towards solving the root of this problems when you can work towards this right

Reactions: Tears in Rain
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Humm...seeing such things almost makes you wanna stick around to see the downfall of humanity and it's end destination. Almost being the key word.
Yeah, I posted this thread in half-jest, but honestly, if there's enough money to be made from it then things like sexbots and sexbot brothels are bound to happen eventually. Before A.I. probably decides to wipe us out! šŸ˜†
But I guess whatever helps the lonely and the unwanted right. Why work towards solving the root of this problems when you can work towards this right
Right, much more money will be pumped into researching how to make money from A.I. exploiting lonely isolated people, than fixing the root causes of societies problems in this area.

Reactions: rozeske