• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KarmicRain

KarmicRain

Mar 27, 2023
What is the worth of a human life in the modern world and what I personally think it should be:
Capitalism is completely driven on a profit margin basis and therefore, everything done with it is done for the sake of maximizing profit. This is the reason why businesses prefer to fire as many people as possible to and overwork the leftovers/new workers. New workers at the entry level will get paid at the entry level as opposed to someone who's been doing that same job for 10 years (supposedly, I know that isn't true). Therefore, it's most profitable to constantly cycle in new employees to replace old ones. That's why there's such a large amount of people who are jobless: it heavily benefits corporations to have literal millions of replacements.
This objectifies the value of a human life into numerical value for monetary purposes and is inherently wrong. Having so many people as possible replacements also provides businesses with a method of control over their workers: specifically wages.
For the most part, a human being works because they are trying to achieve something (eg. wealth in the American dream) or to survive. However, our current system does not allow the majority of us to live in a humane way: Something called debt exists. This is what allows the working class to continue to live despite not being able to afford basic necessities like housing or food. Debt is something that pretty much forces you to work like a slave until either you pay it off, someone else pays it off, bankruptcy, or death. Being so extremely dirt poor is just reality for a large majority of the working class: that's the result of capitalism.
if humans were perfect, True capitalism wouldn't necessarily cause this: trickle down economics would work if people in charge followed basic morals and understood people working deserve to be paid and treated like a human being. However, this isn't the case: those in charge only greed for more money. They in turn use that money to lobby to affect laws and political officials to keep the things they want the same. For example, control of information: gas and oil companies paid the government to shut up about climate change and make propaganda that it doesn't exist. It does but now is controversial despite obvious evidence of it.
Point here is The rich control the government and they in turn use it to further benefit their own interest (feeding their greed). This comes at the cost of every single being in the working class.
Despite the shit show we call US Capitalism making our reality a living hell, it isn't that far off from actually being alright (in theory at least, in practice this is not going to happen). Corporate owners simply need to understand the value of a human life beyond monetary value: The government needs to take tax money and put it into social infrastructure rather than dumb shit in the already massive military or bullshit administrative costs.
In short, they literally just need to understand and treat human beings as human beings. But this begs the question of: What is the Value of a human life? Modern capitalism roughly translated says it's net worth or amount of monetary value exploitable from a person. This is wrong. This is wrong on so many levels and we live the reality of it. We've been getting shoved closer and closer to an oligarchy based dystopia made for the rich. Hell I'd argue it's already reached that point, hence my being here.

I think as a human being put on the earth against my will, we should innately be given our basically survival necessities like food, shelter, and healthcare (ig I can add insurance to this list since accidents happen sometimes) without the need for work at all. In this theoretical utopia, I believe humans would still work since we are innately greedy as well as innate search for fulfillment. We naturally want more beyond what we have but simultaneously want our actions to contribute to something greater than our own (though this is something that's kind of faded in modern workers due to simply trying to survive). In a utopia where people are given and treated ethically according to my moral beliefs, we'd simply be given the right to live after being put here without our will. I genuinely believe people would continue to work anyway for things like televisions, phones, wifi, improved living spaces (like simply wanting a bigger house or something). With capitalism, we could still live just fine wouldn't be nearly this pessimistic toward everything so long as the absolute basics are met.
Now let's look for something less utopian and more "realistic": imagining a world where working 40 hours a week provides enough for 1 person to house and feed a family of 5 comfortably as well as being given both welfare benefits and paid vacations. This is something like a pipe dream to modern Americans but it's also the old reality of workers just a few decades ago (with the help of unions of course). something like the golden age of America both during and after the world war. All that went wrong was the cost of existing was raised unethically so much for so long that it ballooned to our modern day dystopian society. If they just kept doing what they were doing but just put a human life above the value of an extra dollar, we'd have never gone this far down the rabbit hole. We wouldn't have ever rising rates of poverty, mental illnesses like depression, or suicide. We wouldn't despise the entire concept of a tomorrow. Work would fill the bare minimum meaning of taking care of ourselves or our family but now it isn't even enough to survive. instead we suffer. every godamn day: expected to just suck it up and grind.

but hey I'm not a professional, i just live here. call me a leftist, an anarchist, or an idiot sandwich. I just want to make enough money to survive: that's just not something that can happen on minimum wage. that's life I guess.
(sorry I didn't reread anything for spelling errors, I'm just venting)
living kinda sucks and I'm tired.

Reactions: sserafim, Caramelized and Lostandlooking