Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Content warning for abuse.

I just saw something awful on social media. I don't really know the guy but still don't want people finding him by reverse-searching or something like that. So I reworded his post a little, but the original was just as repugnant He was talking about someone who commit suicide and said,

"Sick that someone would do this to themselves. This is why whenever I got emotional as a kid my dad would say "you better stop crying or I'm gonna give you something to cry about" and beat the shit out of me if I didn't cut it out real quick. You don't see any of the men in my family getting all depressed or blowing their brains out. You bet I'm gonna raise my kids the same way. The problem is we got too many weak people in this world."

I'm not an anti-natalist but I'm definitely anti-these-types-of-people-having-kids. How can a person casually type something like that out and not see how insane and barbaric it is? Everybody just found it so funny too. Just hilarious.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 12 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
People are dense in the head.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Élégie, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Umm... Oh wow.
To start with, not weak. You have no idea what we go through to call us weak. Also, good job publicly saying "I'm going to abuse my child" i hope you get reported and them removed before your child becomes one of us.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Jack4230, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
This is why whenever I got emotional as a kid my dad would say "you better stop crying or I'm gonna give you something to cry about" and beat the shit out of me if I didn't cut it out real quick. You don't see any of the men in my family getting all depressed or blowing their brains out.

Yeah, I'm sure this guy is incredibly well-adjusted.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, not-2-b-the-answer, waitingforrest and 4 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, I'm sure this guy is incredibly well-adjusted.
And he will go on to have incredibly well adjusted children. The trick is you have to beat the suicide out of your kids before it even starts.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, motel rooms and 4 others
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
My dad was like that! Or he'd beat the shit out of me, usually a broom stick to the back of my thighs so I could still sit in school, then tell me he loved me when I was hysterically crying in the bathroom. He always seemed to find an excuse to beat me for any reason. And the only time her ever told me he loved me was after the beating. The last time he tired I was 15 and I fought back, knocked him out, so he kicked me out of the house because "I was a big man now". I definitely learned how NOT to parent from both of my parents! I tell my daughter everyday that I love her and how proud I am of her! I'm so glad she doesn't deal with mental health issues like I do.

I just saw something awful on social media. I don't really know the guy but still don't want people finding him by reverse-searching or something like that. So I reworded his post a little, but the original was just as repugnant He was talking about someone who commit suicide and said,

"Sick that someone would do this to themselves. This is why whenever I got emotional as a kid my dad would say "you better stop crying or I'm gonna give you something to cry about" and beat the shit out of me if I didn't cut it out real quick. You don't see any of the men in my family getting all depressed or blowing their brains out. You bet I'm gonna raise my kids the same way. The problem is we got too many weak people in this world."

I'm not an anti-natalist but I'm definitely anti-these-types-of-people-having-kids. How can a person casually type something like that out and not see how insane and barbaric it is? Everybody just found it so funny too. Just hilarious.
And they wonder why we have school shootings and bad mental health issues and can't seem to figure out why. Hmmmm. SMH

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Disappointered, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
My dad was like that! Or he'd beat the shit out of me, usually a broom stick to the back of my thighs so I could still sit in school, then tell me he loved me when I was hysterically crying in the bathroom. He always seemed to find an excuse to beat me for any reason. And the only time her ever told me he loved me was after the beating. The last time he tired I was 15 and I fought back, knocked him out, so he kicked me out of the house because "I was a big man now". I definitely learned how NOT to parent from both of my parents! I tell my daughter everyday that I love her and how proud I am of her! I'm so glad she doesn't deal with mental health issues like I do.

And they wonder why we have school shootings and bad mental health issues and can't seem to figure out why. Hmmmm. SMH
I'm sorry you went through that and happy to hear you broke the cycle of abuse.

It's also shocking to me how many people I've heard say that we have school shootings because of parents who don't physically abuse their children. I don't get how the idea that violence against children just makes violent children is so hard to grasp.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and waitingforrest
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Sheer ignorance. I pity him. I really pity his kids.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, waitingforrest, LADY007 and 2 others
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
I'm sorry you went through that and happy to hear you broke the cycle of abuse.

It's also shocking to me how many people I've heard say that we have school shootings because of parents who don't physically abuse their children. I don't get how the idea that violence against children just makes violent children is so hard to grasp.
It's ok. Thank you. I'm proud of myself for breaking the cycle! My brother never learned that with his kids but that's a whole other story.

I hear that too. When you get divorced you have to take parenting classes if you have a kid. Why not require a class before you have a kid? I've been watching some of the Crumbly case on tv and reading it in the media and just think what the fuck is wrong with people!

• Love
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
It's ok. Thank you. I'm proud of myself for breaking the cycle! My brother never learned that with his kids but that's a whole other story.

I hear that too. When you get divorced you have to take parenting classes if you have a kid. Why not require a class before you have a kid? I've been watching some of the Crumbly case on tv and reading it in the media and just think what the fuck is wrong with people!
Are your nieces and nephews okay? I'm glad I have nobody in my life who I have any reason to think would ever abuse their kids. I'd be an anxious wreck and make a spectacle of myself nosing into their business.

I hadn't heard of the Crumbley case. I've Googled it and it looks like it was a school shooting. Were the shooter's parents abusive?

• Informative
L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
Are your nieces and nephews okay? I'm glad I have nobody in my life who I have any reason to think would ever abuse their kids. I'd be an anxious wreck and make a spectacle of myself nosing into their business.

I hadn't heard of the Crumbley case. I've Googled it and it looks like it was a school shooting. Were the shooter's parents abusive?
I haven't talked to my brother in years but I know his kids are adults now. I'm sure they have a distorted view things are our should be.

The parents bought the kid the gun a few days before the shooting and just didn't care about the kid even after so many warning signs. Even after the kid got caught looking at ammo in class the mom just laughed and said don't get caught next time. Not sure if they were physically abusive but both parents were cheating on each other with other people and a bunch of other stuff has come out in the pre-trials. So definitely mentally abusive!

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, not-2-b-the-answer, waitingforrest and 1 other person
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I'm already an antinatalist (and no, I don't hate parents), but these kinds of people really kick it up a notch for me. I feel horrible for their children; these people REALLY shouldn't reproduce.

Obvious trigger warning due to mentions of abuse:

Something that also really gets me is when people (who tend to be boomers, and no, I don't hate boomers) make or share posts and memes about how back in their day, they got hit with a belt and were smacked around by their parents and teachers and so on, and that they're just fine and this generation is weak and constant victims and blah blah blah. Yeah, that's fantastic, let's normalize beating children again and invalidating their feelings until they become emotionally damaged and develop unhealthy coping mechanisms... fucking twisted. It was also a common attitude in my family growing up that if you have problems, nobody cares or wants to hear it, that there are other people who "have it worse" and therefore you really have no right to feel the way you do, negative emotions were dealt with/manifested themselves through alcohol abuse, etc etc etc. I'm an emotionally challenged mess and that particular skidmark of my shit-ass childhood definitely didn't help... to this day I feel guilty about talking about anything that I'm experiencing because that invalidating voice that constantly blames myself for everything is so deeply ingrained in my psyche.

Another personal story on a somewhat related note, I got hit by the vice principal of my elementary school when I was in the first grade... I was sitting on my chair in kind of a weird way, and all of a sudden the vice principal (who was very old and must have missed the memo that it's not okay to hit kids anymore – this was less than 25 years ago) smacked my ass as hard as she could and yelled, "SIT PROPERLY!" My teacher looked embarrassed on her behalf but defended the vice principal by saying, "We just don't want you to get hurt," which was pretty ironic since it hurt like hell. I was in shock and so embarrassed and taken off guard that I never told anyone about it. Probably because that would have been brushed off, too. 🙃 I mean, in hindsight, if you don't do anything when a 7 year-old kid tells you that she's being sexually abused under your own roof, then I doubt that this would have been handled any better. Just a hunch.

Again – and aside from the fact that I'm already antinatalist – some people really shouldn't be having and raising kids.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Nolan96 and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

This weak person just wants to leave. That way I'll be one less thing for him to bitch about.:wink:

• Aww..
Reactions: Nolan96