H

Harleyyy

Student
May 15, 2020
Love kills. This is advice for all of you who thankfully haven't fallen into this trap. Don't frickin date people, don't get involved romantically because you either break someone's heart or get yours broken or maybe even both. This ruins your life. The other person just moves on peacefully, finds someone but you're there stuck in your misery. Please take this from me guys, even if you think it's going to last forever, it won't. Don't do this to yourself.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, alexit, TheSoundofTime and 24 others
Commandocoki

Commandocoki

Aug 23, 2020
It's true. Painfully, ridiculously fucking true.

Reactions: AmDead, BPD Barbie, RealHumanBean and 2 others
lost guy

lost guy

Just a guy trying to work things out.
Aug 12, 2020
Very true. 11 years down the drain. The pain is unbearable.

• Love
Reactions: AmDead, RealHumanBean and fastFWD
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
Thank you for the helpful tip. What would you suggest for people who want to feel love and affection but don't want to get hurt?

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and nerve
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
I feel bad for you. But I can't really relate because I have never had a long term relationship before, just flickers early on in my teens and early twenties that never went anywhere and then faded away all together. I guess maybe this can apply to friendships as well. I miss those. I wish I could have like normal friends...even the idea of a long term partner seems like it's asking for like some insanely impossible miracle act from the universe

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, AmDead, GravityUtilizer and 1 other person
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
I feel bad for you. But I can't really relate because I have never had a long term relationship before, just flickers early on in my teens and early twenties that never went anywhere and then faded away all together. I guess maybe this can apply to friendships as well. I miss those. I wish I could have like normal friends...even the idea of a long term partner seems like it's asking for like some insanely impossible miracle act from the universe
Same with me. If you would like to talk more you can pm me.

Reactions: mapletree
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I hear you and I heed you. Things can go terribly wrong in love. But I fear that lovelessness can also be deadly.

Reactions: AmDead
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I agree. For me this applies to friendships too. I've never dated anyone, but every friend I've ever had left without giving me a reason. They just shut me out, and I no longer exist to them. I'm done with people.

• Hugs
Reactions: AmDead, Bahbah Blacksheep, mapletree and 2 others
RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
I agree. For me this applies to friendships too. I've never dated anyone, but every friend I've ever had left without giving me a reason. They just shut me out, and I no longer exist to them. I'm done with people.
I've destroyed so many friendships with my depression/mental illness. Either by saying inappropriate shit that makes people never talk to me again, or by being so taxing and stressful to be around that people simply cut me off. The worst part is that the best people absorb the most of it, and it makes you feel shitty about using them the most..

Reactions: mapletree
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
idk sounds like some people have a good time but I would say, loosely from what I've seen, don't ever let yourself invest too much of your own happiness in another person. Don't become emotionally dependent on someone or allow them to depend too much on you since love is never as stable as it seems.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Love kills. This is advice for all of you who thankfully haven't fallen into this trap. Don't frickin date people, don't get involved romantically because you either break someone's heart or get yours broken or maybe even both. This ruins your life. The other person just moves on peacefully, finds someone but you're there stuck in your misery. Please take this from me guys, even if you think it's going to last forever, it won't. Don't do this to yourself.
Say it louder for those in the back. Love kills.

• Love
Reactions: RedDEE and bravotess
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
I would like to thank the OP for making this thread, and sharing this wonderful wisdom with us. I can confirm that everything the OP has said is true. I am very experienced with love. Cut love out immediately.

Thank you for the helpful tip. What would you suggest for people who want to feel love and affection but don't want to get hurt?

As someone with an irreparably broken heart, let me answer this one.

Choose lust instead. Love has hurt me in every way. But lust is pure. Lust can give you the feelings of closeness, and affection. Lust has never hurt me.

One night stands. Download the tinder app. Feel like you need love and affection? Find somebody that will fuck you, and cuddle you for one night. And then go home in the morning. You get all the benefits of closeness and affection without all the heartaches that love brings. And if you feel yourself falling in love - CUT THEM OFF IMMEDIATELY. Anybody can find a one night stand. Anybody can get fucked if they want to. Anyone can find affection. Just don't let it go too far.

Reactions: Harleyyy, I want to end it and pthnrdnojvsc
ghost-key

ghost-key

A Nord's Last Thought Should Be Of Home.
Oct 22, 2018
Agreed. Drown yourself into your hobbies and work instead. Video games, books, road trips, movies...anything is better than getting attached to someone only to watch them walk away from you like you were nothing to them

Reactions: Harleyyy and pthnrdnojvsc
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018

Choose lust instead. Love has hurt me in every way. But lust is pure. Lust can give you the feelings of closeness, and affection. Lust has never hurt me.

One night stands. Download the tinder app. Feel like you need love and affection? Find somebody that will fuck you, and cuddle you for one night. And then go home in the morning. You get all the benefits of closeness and affection without all the heartaches that love brings. And if you feel yourself falling in love - CUT THEM OFF IMMEDIATELY. Anybody can find a one night stand. Anybody can get fucked if they want to. Anyone can find affection. Just don't let it go too far.
Thank you. Unfortunately those apps have never worked for me. I don't get matches on Tinder and I have never been able to meet anyone for one night of fun or affection.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
If i even knew what that word means...

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Same here. I can't get matches on Tinder either (understandably) and I'm so naive I'd catch feelings too easily anyway. The only method I've found besides completely distracting myself with something else that even slightly works as temporary relief from these innate desires is to whine about it to people...

Reactions: Bahbah Blacksheep
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Same!!! It must be pretty hard to lose it though.

TheSoundofTime

TheSoundofTime

In time you will find peace...
Aug 9, 2020
Too late mate. It happened to me already and I can totally relate to your post and situation 100%. It's sad to hear that it happened to you too:mmm:

G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
This is partly why celibacy was such an important part of past societies. Wait till you find someone to marry then basically never divorce. If you divorce, not allowed to remarry or you get shamed by society.

When you do this in life, you don't go around using people and then ghosting when someone has outlived their usefulness which is what has happened since sexual revolution.

Reactions: Harleyyy
H

Harleyyy

Student
May 15, 2020

That's a wise thing to say
I'd say it's impossible to never get hurt in love, it's rare to find something that lasts "forever" . To be honest, it's about not giving up no matter what, but even if your partner says that they won't, they still may, you cannot clap with one hand, you need both. There are going to be problems for sure but you have to overcome them which doesn't happen. It's silly to think that i ever believed in forever. I kept on fighting but sadly he didn't. And well now i'm broken beyond repair haha So much for love. And if you read this thread, a lot of people agree with what ive said so i guess this is pretty common. Strong willed and egoistic people survive this pain and try to seek revenge but emotional people such as myself get lost and go cray cray in the brain. I agree with what @RedDEE said. You can go on and get someone for a night, just for physical intimacy, however if you wish to seek emotional intimacy, I wouldn't suggest it at all. Seek it with yourself, seek it with your imagination and all things you, don't get another person close to you. As all wise people say, do drugs but never love, kids.

Last edited:
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
I would like to thank the OP for making this thread, and sharing this wonderful wisdom with us. I can confirm that everything the OP has said is true. I am very experienced with love. Cut love out immediately.

Even tinder is dangerous for a lonely guy like me. I fell in love with a girl I met on tinder few months ago and she rejected me after knowking me better. ps. we didn't have sex but I still think about her.

H

Harleyyy

Student
May 15, 2020
This is partly why celibacy was such an important part of past societies. Wait till you find someone to marry then basically never divorce. If you divorce, not allowed to remarry or you get shamed by society.

When you do this in life, you don't go around using people and then ghosting when someone has outlived their usefulness which is what has happened since sexual revolution.
Ghosting should be illegal
idk sounds like some people have a good time but I would say, loosely from what I've seen, don't ever let yourself invest too much of your own happiness in another person. Don't become emotionally dependent on someone or allow them to depend too much on you since love is never as stable as it seems.
Well that's a vague Comment. It's easy to say that don't invest too much or don't be emotionally dependent. When you fall in love you want to give everything to that person. If i could just measure and think rationally about how much to give to them I wouldn't call that love, personally. That's just you trying to half ass contribute to a relationship and well, i did love that man with my whole heart.

Last edited: