• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Is it so selfish to want to feel a little better?
Dec 30, 2023
I recall hearing from it for the first time around 2020, on a theory video.

Yume Nikki is an RPG Maker game from 2004, mostly focusing on exploring a dream world filled with maps, unsettling osts and the feeling of being watched.
Or so people said to me, but I felt quite at peace while playing. Of course some spots are quite... Uncomfortable, but where's the fun when nothing gets you uncomfortable.

The game focus on the protagonist called Madotsuki, who spends the whole game on her small room/apartment, the whole time. The only way we're able to make her leave, is when she is asleep, since opening the door leads to a huge nexus with other doors and places to walk around.
There aren't any dialogue in the game, but you do need to read all the info about the effects you collect during your journey while asleep. Finding some can be quite tough, but there are some youtube videos that can be quite useful, along with some game maps that are available in the fandom site, that also can be of great help if you know how to use them.

I'm not sure if I should post more about it, but it's a game I really like to play when I want to set my mind off for a while. It can be pretty relaxing.
The game is available for free at Steam, and you can get it to work on your phone with the Easy RPG Maker emulator. (exe files don't work though, a good hint is to download the game on PC, pack the files and get them on your phone, unzip them and baang, you got the file.)

Hope you're having a good day, afternoon or night, and happy new year.

InversedShadow

InversedShadow

Dec 28, 2023
Always found this game to be quite mysterious, I rarely play it but anytime I do I visit someplace I didn't even know existed and its pretty entertaining for me :D

Reactions: shinitai_sh0jo
iori011x3

iori011x3

Selflessness, contribution, service ❤️
Nov 28, 2023
omg i love yume nikki !! i remember seeing a playthrough of it when i was younger. didn't know the game was free! i should try playing it sometime :D

shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Dec 30, 2023
omg i love yume nikki !! i remember seeing a playthrough of it when i was younger. didn't know the game was free! i should try playing it sometime :D
I really recommend it! though be warned that most if not all of the maps has the looping effect thingy when you reach the border of them, like in Omori in the white space.
but geez how I love this game 🫂

• Love
Reactions: iori011x3
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
if you enjoyed Yume Nikki I also recommend Soup 0.9 and LSD: Dream Emulator or some of the games from the LSD Game Jam such as Hypnogogia or Neko Yume

also the fan project inspired by Yume Nikki called Yume 2kki can be played online

and is constantly being updated whether it's new dreams to explore or translations since the official versions are not as updated and require a few extra steps to play

also many fan games and Yume Nikki inspired games are listed on the Fandom page or the official Yume Nikki Wiki as well I think

I have yet to play them but one that seems interesting is LCDdem if the copy is still available

I could talk about this for hours and send so many videos/video essays about the original game and it's fan games and old versions sorry for the long reply

S

skittkles.s

Feb 19, 2024
I've never played Yume Nikki, But I've wanted too, the name actually means "Dream Journal" I believe, though I could, and probably am wrong, as I'm not fluent in Japanese yet.

• Love
shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Dec 30, 2023
I've never played Yume Nikki, But I've wanted too, the name actually means "Dream Journal" I believe, though I could, and probably am wrong, as I'm not fluent in Japanese yet.
I really recommend it, since it's not a heavy game, any bad pc or even an rpg maker emulator can run it smoothly.
I believe there are various translations of the game; the steam one is in english, but I've seen for portuguese, espanish and others.. I can give it a search if you want me to 🫂

• Informative
Reactions: skittkles.s
S

skittkles.s

Feb 19, 2024
I really recommend it, since it's not a heavy game, any bad pc or even an rpg maker emulator can run it smoothly.
I believe there are various translations of the game; the steam one is in english, but I've seen for portuguese, espanish and others.. I can give it a search if you want me to 🫂
Ah, thanks for the offer, but you don't have to search anything for me! I'll do it myself, but thank you for offering, and for informing me too!

shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Dec 30, 2023
Ah, thanks for the offer, but you don't have to search anything for me! I'll do it myself, but thank you for offering, and for informing me too!
You're welcome! I hope you have a good time if you play it! (Though be warned of discomforting environments, I'd recommend playing it in a medium volume, and not too much screen light, since it has some flashy effects and two maps if I'm not wrong.)

Overall, I'll be here if you need anything! Have a good day/afternoon/night!