AnonymouslyBlue

AnonymouslyBlue

Sep 29, 2019
I'm a self - harmer, I'm not shy about it and I don't try to hide my scars. So almost everyone I meet has seen them one way or another. Tonight was a bad night, it still is but unlike all the other times that I've fallen into the dark place and blacked out only to come through and see the damage I've done - I reached out. I asked for help because it was bad enough to scare me a little. And they did, the told me what to do kept me talking when I was on the brink of unconsciousness but then as soon as I told them that I've cleaned up and gotten into bed. They left, just disappeared and stopped responding to me, they know I'm not okay and yet they left regardless.

Why? Am I that unimportant once I can speak clearly or do they just assume that I've got it under control now and things are back to normal?

It hurts. Fuck.

Guess it's my own fault for asking for help, right?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Iwanttooffmyself, Largeletters, Indieblue and 2 others
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
I'm a self - harmer, I'm not shy about it and I don't try to hide my scars. So almost everyone I meet has seen them one way or another. Tonight was a bad night, it still is but unlike all the other times that I've fallen into the dark place and blacked out only to come through and see the damage I've done - I reached out. I asked for help because it was bad enough to scare me a little. And they did, the told me what to do kept me talking when I was on the brink of unconsciousness but then as soon as I told them that I've cleaned up and gotten into bed. They left, just disappeared and stopped responding to me, they know I'm not okay and yet they left regardless.

Why? Am I that unimportant once I can speak clearly or do they just assume that I've got it under control now and things are back to normal?

It hurts. Fuck.

If they don't fully understand self harm, they might think you are OK. I was a big cutter in the past and nobody could understand it it, I think unless you have self harmed it's difficult to know how it all feels.
Think of it this way they helped and made you feel better and safe for a while. Sometimes I think people like us are our own worst enemies we expect people to know exactly what to do when we are in crisis and when that helps not exactly what we want we close down instead of either explaining or asking for more help.
If you ever need someone to talk too, you can always pm me.

• Hugs
Reactions: AnonymouslyBlue and CuddleHug
CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Back, but with less enthusiasm. Hugs~
Feb 22, 2020
I know this will not ease your pain, but I know exactly what you're describing and suffer with you.

Hugs~ <3

• Love
Reactions: AnonymouslyBlue
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
To them, you are out of danger once you are in bed and able to talk, so to them their job is done and there is nothing more they can do, they don't realise that sometimes afterwards are when we need people the most, to them because the physical side is over, they don't realise the mental side is still playing games, this is when we need people the most.
People suck!

• Hugs
Reactions: Iwanttooffmyself, TAW122 and AnonymouslyBlue
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
I once stayed up all night chain-smoking and putting them out on my arm, 16 times. Then I understood why people self-harm, it feels so effing good at the time, but then the after effects were really bad. I wrapped it in toilet paper and cling-flim for a few days then they went yellow and I had to fess up, they were angry but mainly confused. So was I, I didn't understand it. Then when it got better I still think about it, but have held off for now
Also think of it like this, maybe they're talking abut it and worrying about you, but not wanting to disturb you? I've no idea why people act they way they do

Last edited:
  • Love
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020

It hurts. Fuck.

Wow... I'm so sorry, that's completely screwed up. If they think you have nothing left to talk about, they might see that as a reason to leave, however we just don't know.
I can assure you that you're not unimportant, so I'd assume it's the latter.

• Hugs