Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
I've got a few questions about hanging, I couldnt find anything in the hanging-thead:

1. I'm a guy, so I've got a problem with the adams apple: Should the rope be above or on the adams apple? Because it hurts like hell
2. Should the knot be in front of me or behind me? (I've seen several pictures and some people hang themselves with the knot above their throat and some people do it with the knot being on their neck)
3. Does it hurt if you do it right?

Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
1. For me, when I managed to pass out, the rope was slightly below the Adam's apple while the knot was higher up on the neck, and at the middle (not sideways).
2. I would say behind. I think that those you see in pictures are after they have lost consciousness and moved around.
3. If you find the sweet spot the pain is minimal and you pass out pretty quick.

Reactions: Predestinated
Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
1. For me, when I managed to pass out, the rope was slightly below the Adam's apple while the knot was higher up on the neck, and at the middle (not sideways).
2. I would say behind. I think that those you see in pictures are after they have lost consciousness and moved around.
3. If you find the sweet spot the pain is minimal and you pass out pretty quick.

Are you sure, it should be below the adams apple? Because the carticoid artery is above the adams apple.

BTW: Whats the goal of the hanging method? To cut off the air supply (= to prevent you from breathing) or to interrupt the blood supply ? (= by putting pressure on cartoid artery)

Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Are you sure, it should be below the adams apple? Because the carticoid artery is above the adams apple.

BTW: Whats the goal of the hanging method? To cut off the air supply (= to prevent you from breathing) or to interrupt the blood supply ? (= by putting pressure on cartoid artery)

To cut off blood supply. For me it was below the Adam's apple.

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
There is a lot of information on the "night night" method mega thread.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-night-night-method-mega-thread.6834/
View attachment 22608
You read my mind! Was just about to post similar diagram.
The sweet spot may be at a different point depending on your individual anatomy. You have to play around to find it.

Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
You read my mind! Was just about to post similar diagram.
The sweet spot may be at a different point depending on your individual anatomy. You have to play around to find it.

What is the "sweet spot"? (I've read sweet spot very often in several threads, but i dont know what the sweet spot is)

Reactions: Cutepoison
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
What is the "sweet spot"? (I've read sweet spot very often in several threads, but i dont know what the sweet spot is)
The place where you can most effectively compress the Carotid on your neck. Prolonged compression leads to quick unconsciousness as oxygen is prevented from getting to the brain.

Reactions: Predestinated and ThingWithFeathers
N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
The place where you can most effectively compress the Carotid on your neck. Prolonged compression leads to quick unconsciousness as oxygen is prevented from getting to the brain.
Probably, this is a stupid question. But,when u do hanging, for unlucky people, wont the artery go inside,and the muscles take much of the pressure,which results in unblocking of blood supply. The arteries goes inside, when u press on it. There is so much space around the arteries, where tey can tug into.

Secondly, even if one finds sweet spot, how can we be sure that we find that spot again or during the hanging.The rope may get out of the sweet spot, and may relieve pressure on the artery, but compress the airway.

Reactions: Predestinated
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Probably, this is a stupid question. But,when u do hanging, for unlucky people, wont the artery go inside,and the muscles take much of the pressure,which results in unblocking of blood supply. The arteries goes inside, when u press on it. There is so much space around the arteries, where tey can tug into.
No because you're squeezing the whole area tight, everything gets compressed.
Secondly, even if one finds sweet spot, how can we be sure that we find that spot again or during the hanging.The rope may get out of the sweet spot, and may relieve pressure on the artery, but compress the airway.
By practicing.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola
M

mopeyD

Aug 8, 2020
Hi. Was this partial or full suspension?

Would below Adam's apple work for full?

Thanks