DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Sanne, 27, suffered from borderline personality disorder, chronic depression and insomnia. She had taken all kinds of medication. All in vain. After nine years of intensive treatment with no positive results, she had decided that she did not want to live any longer. She had enough.

Suicide was a choice she made with complete clarity of mind. Her father´s respect for life and for death as part of life brought him to the decision to support her. Sanne should not do this alone. That gave her the strenght and calm to see it through, together. Had he gone against her, she would have to do it alone. And it was going to happen either way.

Sanne passed away on March, 24, 2014. Sanne chose to end her life in a peaceful manner. She discussed her death wish openly with her friends and loved ones. In this way, she tried to spare them the traumatizing experience often brought on by suicide.

Watch the video on YouTube: A father stands by his daughter´s choice to die - Letting you go

A fater stands by his daughters choice to die

• Love
Reactions: cosifantutti, SamTam33, Tulip<3 and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Rest in peace, at least those gone cannot suffer anymore. It was very compassionate of the father to be so supportive towards the perfectly valid and understandable decision to find permanent peace from all suffering.

Reactions: SamTam33, sserafim, Cloud Busting and 2 others
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Wow, a father letting his 27 year old go. That is not at all a normal parental response, in my experience. They keep me here by all means necessary. and I really do mean by ALL means.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Cloud Busting and crxssedho3
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Wow, a father letting his 27 year old go. That is not at all a normal parental response, in my experience. They keep me here by all means necessary. and I really do mean by ALL means.
Health problems can occur at any age. 300 years ago, people lived short and hard lives. Global life expectancy is now 73 years and many people live more than 80 years. A young person with chronic health problems does not want to be tormented for decades only to wait for a death from old age. Sanne´s father reacted in a very good way. It was because of him that she was born. Birth is the cause of all suffering and death. Every time someone has a child, there will be a human being who has to die of something. No one wanted to be born and should not be forced to live. When we can decide over our lives, we should be able decide over our deaths. Most people in the society of today do not want anything to do with death. Yet we must all die. Death is the hardest thing we have to go through and therefore we need support from family and doctors - no one should be left alone in this very difficult time. It is not satisfactory to write about suicide on the Internet. The denial of death has never been worse.

Reactions: 5417807, Rogue Proxy, sserafim and 3 others
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Health problems can occur at any age. 300 years ago, people lived short and hard lives. Global life expectancy is now 73 years and many people live more than 80 years. A young person with chronic health problems does not want to be tormented for decades only to wait for a death from old age. Sanne´s father reacted in a very good way. It was because of him that she was born. Birth is the cause of all suffering and death. Every time someone has a child, there will be a human being who has to die of something. No one wanted to be born and should not be forced to live. When we can decide over our lives, we should be able decide over our deaths. Most people in the society of today do not want anything to do with death. Yet we must all die. Death is the hardest thing we have to go through and therefore we need support from family and doctors - no one should be left alone in this very difficult time. It is not satisfactory to write about suicide on the Internet. The denial of death has never been worse.
I 100000% agree with you. No arguments here at all. My life would be a lot simpler if the people that claim they love me would just let me leave the way I want to, painlessly. I live with a horrible mental illness CPTSD, extreme dysphoria, it's intolerable. Just one year ago I was not suicidal at all, working full time and then something very tragic happened where I was medically taken advantage of (I won't go into details) but there is really no way to reverse the pain and suffering. And i mean that....extreme pain and suffering for a year straight. I'd love to find someone who would be able to help me out of this. I envy her. My father just sits and tells me my problems are all in my head (they aren't and even if they were, aren't all our problems in our heads?) Sigh.

• Hugs
Reactions: raindrop9 and Rogue Proxy
TheSource

TheSource

From the Divine we came, to the Divine we return.
Sep 25, 2023
Is it bad that I'm jealous of her? She didn't have to go through it alone...

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Now that's a good dad

T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023
I saw that video a few years ago and I have BPD too, so I got her in a lot of ways (although treatment really helped me). The fact that her amazing dad stood by her and supported her must have been such a comfort to her. These stories shouldn't be as rare as they are because we should all have access to this under the right circumstances.

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Sanne, 27, suffered from borderline personality disorder, chronic depression and insomnia. She had taken all kinds of medication. All in vain. After nine years of intensive treatment with no positive results, she had decided that she did not want to live any longer. She had enough.

Suicide was a choice she made with complete clarity of mind. Her father´s respect for life and for death as part of life brought him to the decision to support her. Sanne should not do this alone. That gave her the strenght and calm to see it through, together. Had he gone against her, she would have to do it alone. And it was going to happen either way.

Sanne passed away on March, 24, 2014. Sanne chose to end her life in a peaceful manner. She discussed her death wish openly with her friends and loved ones. In this way, she tried to spare them the traumatizing experience often brought on by suicide.

Watch the video on YouTube: A father stands by his daughter´s choice to die - Letting you go

View attachment 120749
What a compassionate father.