Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

โ€œYe shall be as gods..๐ŸŽ ๐Ÿโ€
Jun 22, 2021
I have to admit that I am frightened by the state of our world at the moment and how people are so unaware of whats going on and completely lost control even when they think they still do. Any major blow that could affect the current global supply chain, will result in drastic change in quality of life for so many people in a way that cant be corrected. I dont really worry much about myself specifically but I have loved ones that I worry will suffer as a result. Nothing much can be done about it but I am bordering paranoia thinking of the possibility, I want to know what sort of mindset can prepare me for this type of event where people may find it difficult to survive?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles, ColorlessTrees, GentleJerk and 10 others
S

seaweaves

they/them
Oct 25, 2021
This might seem superficial , but so much science fiction, speculative fiction, and horror have been developed around these specific worries and to imagine the kinds of responses and futures we can build (whether it's written, audio, film, etc)

This is especially true of stuff by Black and Indigenous authors, disabled authors, and others who have been regularly targeted for eugenics genocide and general oppression who have been experiencing the end of our world or their worlds for much longer than the mainstream public consciousness

There are some great anthologies out there, and if this sounds at all appealing I might be able to make recommendations by pm.

I have a separate answer, since I think about this stuff a lot, but my phone is at 2% so I'll add it later

Reactions: 9BBN and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
This might seem superficial , but so much science fiction, speculative fiction, and horror have been developed around these specific worries and to imagine the kinds of responses and futures we can build (whether it's written, audio, film, etc)

This is especially true of stuff by Black and Indigenous authors, disabled authors, and others who have been regularly targeted for eugenics genocide and general oppression who have been experiencing the end of our world or their worlds for much longer than the mainstream public consciousness

There are some great anthologies out there, and if this sounds at all appealing I might be able to make recommendations by pm.

I have a separate answer, since I think about this stuff a lot, but my phone is at 2% so I'll add it later
Yah feel free to pm me. Thanks

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
this is why ctb is the ultimate solution. Corrupt Politicians are too busy attacking each other and satisfying their donors. The relationships between the strongest countries are weaker than before. We don't hear about food insecurity issue from politicians but it is one of the major issues in the future. Some people still believe climate change is a conspiracy theory.

Some billionaires are investing in space projects. If their efforts fail, I don't know what would be the alternative.

Reactions: Silenos and Snake of Eden
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Honestly, I just hope I'm dead before that happens.

• Love
Reactions: Snake of Eden and Wails
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
I am not sure we're talking about the same thing, but this became a reality to me when I became sick. So many people either laugh at the "Big Pharma" conspiracy, or say that they believe in Big Pharma but continue to trust doctors and take over the counter meds. When I got sick, I saw the reality of Big Pharma. No one really knows how antidepressants actually work and yet doctors are sold this BS to tell patients so they don't ask questions. Benzos were never really meant to be given to patients with a month's supply. My doctor, or dealer as I like to call him, didn't even know how to help me get off the drugs he got me hooked on. I cannot remember the exact number, but most people living in my country are one cancer diagnosis or illness away from losing everything. Now, that I am sick, I see how I hang on by each paycheck to everything I worked for. I nearly lost all of it. In my country, people do not realize how close they are to losing everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, _Seeking, Foresight and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Yeah I think we're really about to watch shit go down. The overinflated housing, bond and stock markets are due for a major crash. All the free money has run out. Inflation getting worse. Supply chain problems everywhere. Economy in the toilet. Crime up everywhere. Virus and lockdown shit still going on. So much social, political, financial and constitutional unrest, to say nothing of the Russia/Ukraine situation. This is gonna get pretty horrific I feel like.

Reactions: Mixo, GentleJerk and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
I am not sure we're talking about the same thing, but this became a reality to me when I became sick. So many people either laugh at the "Big Pharma" conspiracy, or say that they believe in Big Pharma but continue to trust doctors and take over the counter meds. When I got sick, I saw the reality of Big Pharma. No one really knows how antidepressants actually work and yet doctors are sold this BS to tell patients so they don't ask questions. Benzos were never really meant to be given to patients with a month's supply. My doctor, or dealer as I like to call him, didn't even know how to help me get off the drugs he got me hooked on. I cannot remember the exact number, but most people living in my country are one cancer diagnosis or illness away from losing everything. Now, that I am sick, I see how I hang on by each paycheck to everything I worked for. I nearly lost all of it. In my country, people do not realize how close they are to losing everything.
Are you american? I think in many places people are hanging by the proverbial thread

Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
I am, and as you said, most people do not even know they're hanging by a thread. Of course we have conspiracy theorists where Covid is concerned, but it goes much deeper than that and they don't know. All of these "I'm Blessed" people are clueless.

• Love
Reactions: Silenos, ColorlessTrees and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
All of these "I'm Blessed" people are clueless.
I know exactly what you mean. These people will be the most hit hard when their lives forcibly change.

• Love
Reactions: Silenos and Samsal112
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
I know exactly what you mean. These people will be the most hit hard when their lives forcibly change.
I am not sure what your opinion of Covid is, so I don't mean to take this thread in a direction you're uncomfortable with, but I work at a Southern school district (yay me, right lol) and people are very anti-vax and refuse to be careful. I have tried explaining to family that they do not understand the privilege they have to a working body and how difficult it is to live with one that does not work the way it was intended to. I only say this because as you said, those delusional ones who think nothing can hurt them, wouldn't even know how to live uncomfortably.

• Love
Reactions: Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
I am not sure what your opinion of Covid is, so I don't mean to take this thread in a direction you're uncomfortable with, but I work at a Southern school district (yay me, right lol) and people are very anti-vax and refuse to be careful. I have tried explaining to family that they do not understand the privilege they have to a working body and how difficult it is to live with one that does not work the way it was intended to. I only say this because as you said, those delusional ones who think nothing can hurt them, wouldn't even know how to live uncomfortably.
I am not sure where I stand on covid tbh. I lean often with some conspiracy theories yet the issue with covid still remains obscure for the most part. I feel there is an exaggeration especially in the first year. We need to go through an alternative time line where there were no lockdowns to see how it could have panned out. I have to say I am against coercing people and applying pressure when possible to get them to take The vaccine. I do believe in bodily autonomy no matter what and I dont think it would be risk to vaccinated people but I cant say for sure. Though looking at the big picture, covid does seem too good to be true for training people into giving up rights and speeding up implementations like gps tracking, constraining travel and alot of globalists seeming agenda. I dont usually argue with people about the conspiracy sounding opinions that I have because it is just a losing battle but i do think there are contrived and deliberate ways of steering the world into a certain direction with the end game only be known to the proverbial man behind the curtain. But it looks like it is some neo-feudalism Technocracy but i am not so good with putting terms to things so dont quote me on it

• Love
Reactions: GentleJerk, Crocodiledundee and Samsal112
M

Mae

Dec 18, 2021
I found myself thinking about a lot of these issues while watching Station Eleven.

• Love
Reactions: Snake of Eden