• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
In my experience they work quicker and stronger.

Reactions: waitingforrest, Wails, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Ahh I've never tried that I don't think. But I doubt they would produce benzos if natural solutions worked for everyone.
I've personally never really felt tired or sedated from anything natural that other people say relaxes them. It might as well not be there for me.
But if you're looking for things to help your anxiety you can always start and see if natural methods work for you before you ruin your system with meds.

Reactions: mk01, Lostandlooking and Choco
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
Yes, very much stronger. Especially Xanax (alprazolam). Don't do what I did though and get addicted, it's easily done and the withdrawal is hell.

Reactions: ampsvx321 and Choco
Y

yo_no_soy_el_pollo2

Dec 29, 2021
I have tried a ton of over the counter supplements that act on the GABA system (including passion flower, valerian root, chamomile, and more than I can remember), and several benzos (at least clonazepam, lorazepam, xanax, temazepam, and the "non-benzos" like ambien). I can say without a doubt, that benzos are much, much stronger. Lorazepam and xanax are less "sleepy" sedating, and clonazepam and temazepam are more "sleepy" sedating. If you don't have any benzos, I'd highly recommend getting some. You could probably lie and say you need some for a long flight because you get panic attacks (I have said that before, although I actually do so I didn't have to lie), it should be easiest enough to get a small amount from a GP for this.

Depending on what you are looking for, you probably want to choose a different benzo. From my own experience, these are the affects:

Clonazepam: Long acting (half life around 30-40 hours). Takes a bit to hit the max effect (decent effects at 1 hour, probably maxes out around 3 hours). Good for anxiety if you want to sleep, or you need something that's not going to wear off too soon. I absolutely need this for international flights. I take 2.5mg (which is considered a really big dose, normal/starter dose is probably 0.5mg-1mg) for a flight. Usually I'll start taking some (like 0.5mg-1mg) several hours before the flight for anxiety, and take the rest either just before boarding or after boarding. Unlike the other ones I have tried, this one seems to actually improve my mood in the short term (like if I only take it one day). Although taking it 3 days or more in a row makes my mood horrible. For me clonazepam doesn't help with nausea, and it might make it a bit worse.

Lorazepam: Mid-acting (around 12 hours). Effects probably max out around 1-2 hours. Good if you want to lower anxiety but don't want to be sleepy. Works great for anti-nausea. Normal dose is probably 1mg-2mg.

Xanax: Very similar feeling to lorazepam. Just kicks in a bit quicker and lasts a bit shorter. Equivalent dose seems to be 1/2 of lorazepam (e.g. xanax 0.5mg seems as strong as lorazepam 1mg).

Temazepam: Often prescribed for insomnia. Seems to be the most "sleepy" one I've tried (why it's often prescribed for insomnia), although the affects don't seem to be consistent. Sometimes I can take 30mg and sleep really well and other times I can take 30mg and not feel much. Sometimes I take some clonazepam earlier and then take temazepam when I actually want to go to sleep.

Ambien: This can help for sleep, but in my experience it does nothing at all for anxiety. In fact, if you have a lot of anxiety, it may make it worse by making you somewhat sleepy but unable to sleep due to the anxiety. I tried this on a long flight before and it was the most horrible experience. I couldn't relax at all, and I felt like I was being tortured.

While I strongly, strongly recommend going with the benzos, if for some reason you can't, I'd go with valerian root. It can be reasonably sedating. However be careful with it, it's known to have a rapid tolerance.

Regardless of what you choose, I would definitely do a test run to make sure you know what the affects are ahead of time.
Oh I forgot to mention kratom. That can help with anxiety and the red strains can be sedating at higher doses. Super high doses might cause liver damage though (a couple of people have been known to die from liver damage from kratom, although I think it's literally just a couple, probably a super small percentage compared to other drugs). Probably the most sedating strain I tried was red borneo. While it made me feel really good (I forget what dose I tried), that one did make me feel crappy the next day.

Possibly you could try mixing valarian root with kratom for the OTC route (assuming they are available OTC in your country). I still think benzos are a lot better though.

Last edited:
Reactions: lifeisbutadream and myopybyproxy
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I have tried a ton of over the counter supplements that act on the GABA system (including passion flower, valerian root, chamomile, and more than I can remember), and several benzos (at least clonazepam, lorazepam, xanax, temazepam, and the "non-benzos" like ambien). I can say without a doubt, that benzos are much, much stronger. Lorazepam and xanax are less "sleepy" sedating, and clonazepam and temazepam are more "sleepy" sedating. If you don't have any benzos, I'd highly recommend getting some. You could probably lie and say you need some for a long flight because you get panic attacks (I have said that before, although I actually do so I didn't have to lie), it should be easiest enough to get a small amount from a GP for this.

Depending on what you are looking for, you probably want to choose a different benzo. From my own experience, these are the affects:

Clonazepam: Long acting (half life around 30-40 hours). Takes a bit to hit the max effect (decent effects at 1 hour, probably maxes out around 3 hours). Good for anxiety if you want to sleep, or you need something that's not going to wear off too soon. I absolutely need this for international flights. I take 2.5mg (which is considered a really big dose, normal/starter dose is probably 0.5mg-1mg) for a flight. Usually I'll start taking some (like 0.5mg-1mg) several hours before the flight for anxiety, and take the rest either just before boarding or after boarding. Unlike the other ones I have tried, this one seems to actually improve my mood in the short term (like if I only take it one day). Although taking it 3 days or more in a row makes my mood horrible. For me clonazepam doesn't help with nausea, and it might make it a bit worse.

Lorazepam: Mid-acting (around 12 hours). Effects probably max out around 1-2 hours. Good if you want to lower anxiety but don't want to be sleepy. Works great for anti-nausea. Normal dose is probably 1mg-2mg.

Xanax: Very similar feeling to lorazepam. Just kicks in a bit quicker and lasts a bit shorter. Equivalent dose seems to be 1/2 of lorazepam (e.g. xanax 0.5mg seems as strong as lorazepam 1mg).

Temazepam: Often prescribed for insomnia. Seems to be the most "sleepy" one I've tried (why it's often prescribed for insomnia), although the affects don't seem to be consistent. Sometimes I can take 30mg and sleep really well and other times I can take 30mg and not feel much. Sometimes I take some clonazepam earlier and then take temazepam when I actually want to go to sleep.

Ambien: This can help for sleep, but in my experience it does nothing at all for anxiety. In fact, if you have a lot of anxiety, it may make it worse by making you somewhat sleepy but unable to sleep due to the anxiety. I tried this on a long flight before and it was the most horrible experience. I couldn't relax at all, and I felt like I was being tortured.

While I strongly, strongly recommend going with the benzos, if for some reason you can't, I'd go with valerian root. It can be reasonably sedating. However be careful with it, it's known to have a rapid tolerance.

Regardless of what you choose, I would definitely do a test run to make sure you know what the affects are ahead of time.
Oh I forgot to mention kratom. That can help with anxiety and the red strains can be sedating at higher doses. Super high doses might cause liver damage though (a couple of people have been known to die from liver damage from kratom, although I think it's literally just a couple, probably a super small percentage compared to other drugs). Probably the most sedating strain I tried was red borneo. While it made me feel really good (I forget what dose I tried), that one did make me feel crappy the next day.

Possibly you could try mixing valarian root with kratom for the OTC route (assuming they are available OTC in your country). I still think benzos are a lot better though.
Hey this is really helpful thanks! I have a bunch of Clonazepam that I've never taken. If i take 3 or 4mg at once is it likely to make me very sleepy? I'm trying to go with full suspension and plastic bag (for extra fail safe CTB) but I'm afraid to actually take the step off the stool. My idea is to have everything set up, take the Clonazepam, secure my hands behind my back and wait for them to kick in and then hopefully stumble off the chair or at least slump forward closing the bag around my neck. But I want to be as drowsy and incoherent as possible so I don't feel the full panic of the whole thing. I've heard people say they feel really out of it on Clonazepam and that they feel like even if their house was burning down around them they wouldn't give a shit. I've also read in the scientific literature it reduces the hypercapnic alarm response.

Y

yo_no_soy_el_pollo2

Dec 29, 2021
I don't think I've ever taken more than 3mg at once. I bet if you took 4mg at once, you would be _very_ sleepy, and _very_ relaxed. The only real question is how long it will take to get to that point for you. At that high of a dose you'll probably start to feel something after about half an hour, but getting the full effect could take another hour or two. If you don't have a tolerance, I bet 4mg would be sufficient even if you are extremely afraid. However, depending on how much you have, you might want to take more just to make sure. It may be wise to keep some spare though in case you fail and need to try again. The only problem I see is the timing. But as long as you think you can stand there for a long time or get in position quickly, it should be fine. If you have enough supply, I'd recommend a dry run ahead of time. You could take the same dose and use a timer and take notes. Then you'd know when to get into position.

Reactions: myopybyproxy and Ta555
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I don't think I've ever taken more than 3mg at once. I bet if you took 4mg at once, you would be _very_ sleepy, and _very_ relaxed. The only real question is how long it will take to get to that point for you. At that high of a dose you'll probably start to feel something after about half an hour, but getting the full effect could take another hour or two. If you don't have a tolerance, I bet 4mg would be sufficient even if you are extremely afraid. However, depending on how much you have, you might want to take more just to make sure. It may be wise to keep some spare though in case you fail and need to try again. The only problem I see is the timing. But as long as you think you can stand there for a long time or get in position quickly, it should be fine. If you have enough supply, I'd recommend a dry run ahead of time. You could take the same dose and use a timer and take notes. Then you'd know when to get into position.
Unfortunately I can't do a dry run for various reasons including health and being quite sensitive to meds otherwise I'd definitely do that. I also have a couple of lorazepam I could take too since they work faster. Ideally I don't want to use a plastic bag but I'm afraid that when the benzos kick in I won't actually stumble off the stool and just idiotically stand there, or worse, only have some sort of partial compression on my neck and partially deprive my brain of oxygen without dying and ending up brain damaged. That's the reason for the plastic bag. My other idea but not very practical for me right now is to go swimming at a quiet spot, swim out a bit, take the benzos and a bit of alcohol and then keep swimming until exhaustion.

Y

yo_no_soy_el_pollo2

Dec 29, 2021
I'd personally recommend the clonazepam since it's a lot easier to feel "out of it" than with lorazepam.

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I'd personally recommend the clonazepam since it's a lot easier to feel "out of it" than with lorazepam.
How long would you estimate it takes for 6mg clonazepam to kick in for someone with no tolerance?

Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021

Just to add to the above which is quite thorough (nice work):

Diazepam (Valium) - in my experience this takes longer to work than Xanax but also lasts longer and is better for generalized anxiety rather than if you're having a panic attack.

Xanax - my personal favorite bc it's quick (good for panic attacks). I don't get sleepy from it.

Just for clarification Ambien is not a benzo but obviously has sedative characteristics. I use each night to sleep along with Tizanidine (see below).

Tizanidine (Zanaflex) - also not a benzo - but a muscle relaxer with strong sedative characteristics. I used to get Soma, another muscle relaxer which felt more like an Oxy - but they switched the drug class to controlled substance so my doctor switched me to Tizanidine. Tizanidine is really good if you just want to sleep fast. It's hard to stay awake but doesn't knock you out for long. Wouldn't recommend if you just need to ease anxiety and remain alert.

Y

yo_no_soy_el_pollo2

Dec 29, 2021
How long would you estimate it takes for 6mg clonazepam to kick in for someone with no tolerance?
I'd expect the effects would start in about half an hour, and would just keep getting stronger for at least another couple of hours after that. Although I highly doubt you'd be conscious when it hits peak blood concentration, at that dosage with no tolerance. I still recommend doing a dry run though. Although if you do a dry run, keep in mind clonazepam stays in your system for a few days. So if you only waited 24-48 hours before doing it the second time at the same dose, it will hit you quicker. Given that the half life is reported at up to 40 hours, I'd expect 4 days of rest to be sufficient.

• Informative
Reactions: myopybyproxy
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I'd expect the effects would start in about half an hour, and would just keep getting stronger for at least another couple of hours after that. Although I highly doubt you'd be conscious when it hits peak blood concentration, at that dosage with no tolerance. I still recommend doing a dry run though. Although if you do a dry run, keep in mind clonazepam stays in your system for a few days. So if you only waited 24-48 hours before doing it the second time at the same dose, it will hit you quicker. Given that the half life is reported at up to 40 hours, I'd expect 4 days of rest to be sufficient.
Do you have ideas on whether you're likely to throw up when you take that much Clonazepam or Clonazepam and lorazepam together? Would your body treat like poison/SN and try to get rid of it or is it pretty smooth sailing on that front with high dose benzos?

Y

yo_no_soy_el_pollo2

Dec 29, 2021
Do you have ideas on whether you're likely to throw up when you take that much Clonazepam or Clonazepam and lorazepam together? Would your body treat like poison/SN and try to get rid of it or is it pretty smooth sailing on that front with high dose benzos?
I think throwing up is unlikely. Keep in mind lorazepam is an antiemetic (see the list on the Wikipedia Antiemetic page). Also, benzos are recommended with SN as far as I can see, and I haven't seen any warnings that taking too much benzos will increase the vomit risk.

Reactions: stevieu and Ta555
gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
Hey this is really helpful thanks! I have a bunch of Clonazepam that I've never taken. If i take 3 or 4mg at once is it likely to make me very sleepy? I'm trying to go with full suspension and plastic bag (for extra fail safe CTB) but I'm afraid to actually take the step off the stool. My idea is to have everything set up, take the Clonazepam, secure my hands behind my back and wait for them to kick in and then hopefully stumble off the chair or at least slump forward closing the bag around my neck. But I want to be as drowsy and incoherent as possible so I don't feel the full panic of the whole thing. I've heard people say they feel really out of it on Clonazepam and that they feel like even if their house was burning down around them they wouldn't give a shit. I've also read in the scientific literature it reduces the hypercapnic alarm response.
if you have no tolerance DO NOT take 3 or 4mg. you can hallucinate. 1mg or even 0.5 will be fine. i think temazepam is way better for sleepiness tho

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
if you have no tolerance DO NOT take 3 or 4mg. you can hallucinate. 1mg or even 0.5 will be fine. i think temazepam is way better for sleepiness tho
Clonazepam and lorazepam and zopiclone is all I have. There's no chance of getting anything else. I really don't know if 1mg Clonazepam will be enough to make me sleepy or at least not care too much that I'm suffocating? What about 2mg?

gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
Clonazepam and lorazepam and zopiclone is all I have. There's no chance of getting anything else. I really don't know if 1mg Clonazepam will be enough to make me sleepy or at least not care too much that I'm suffocating? What about 2mg?
when im under immense stress a large dose of clon didnt even work. maybe it can help with si idk

Niko66

Niko66

Specialist
Dec 6, 2021
Anecdotally I accidentally did a bit less than 3mg my first time (misread the dose I was supposed to take) and I think roughly 5 mins in I was starting to get very sleepy and out of it.

• Informative
Reactions: myopybyproxy
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Anecdotally I accidentally did a bit less than 3mg my first time (misread the dose I was supposed to take) and I think roughly 5 mins in I was starting to get very sleepy and out of it.
Of Clonazepam??

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
1.5mg i never had a tolerance
if 1.5mg didn't work for you it could be your dose was simply too low for the amount of stress you were experiencing
so taking it 10 minutes prior wouldn't do anything? I don't have enough to do a dry run with all the substances unfortunately. some like oxy and script clonazepam are quite difficult to get here.

I may just do 4mg with the rest of the plan and a dry run with 2mg in addition to some others.

Last edited:
Niko66

Niko66

Specialist
Dec 6, 2021
Of Clonazepam??
Yep, the high dose hit me like a truck pretty quickly and I was half asleep half awake the whole day. This was only my first time with no tolerance though. Otherwise it acts pretty much as it has been described here already but a high dose on my first time worked almost immediately.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Yep, the high dose hit me like a truck pretty quickly and I was half asleep half awake the whole day. This was only my first time with no tolerance though. Otherwise it acts pretty much as it has been described here already but a high dose on my first time worked almost immediately.
Ok that's good to know! No hallucinations like the other person said? šŸ˜… I've never taken clonazepam but I have taken minim dose lorazepam before. I wonder if that counts?

Niko66

Niko66

Specialist
Dec 6, 2021
Ok that's good to know! No hallucinations like the other person said? šŸ˜… I've never taken clonazepam but I have taken minim dose lorazepam before. I wonder if that counts?
Never had hallucinations on them, benzos do build up tolerance really quickly but I doubt a single small dose would do much.
Still in my experience with drugs everyone's reaction can be very different, a friend took about 2mg of clona and I believe it was her first too and barely felt it.

I am a bit underweight and only had a light breakfast prior, took it in the form of drops for some context, so your mileage may vary greatly really.

Also like gottago mentioned here, clona does not take me out of strong distress either, would have to take a dose where I am basically passing out for that. (Though I do plan on taking them when I CTB to make the whole process at least a bit easier).

Last edited:
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Never had hallucinations on them, benzos do build up tolerance really quickly but I doubt a single small dose would do much.
Still in my experience with drugs everyone's reaction can be very different, a friend took about 2mg of clona and I believe it was her first too and barely felt it.

I am a bit underweight and only had a light breakfast prior, took it in the form of drops for some context, so your mileage may vary greatly really.

Also like gottago mentioned here, clona does not take me out of strong distress either, would have to take a dose where I am basically passing out for that. (Though I do plan on taking them when I CTB to make the whole process at least a bit easier).
That's strange that it doesn't take you out of strong distress since they give it for panic attacks. I've got pills, not drops unfortunately. This is also why I'd take lorazepam too. I was thinking of adding alcohol but afraid that would make vomit everything up because I don't tolerate alcohol well.