• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

ApurvaNotFound

Jan 14, 2024
For those who don't know about JEE:
JEE typically refers to the Joint Entrance Examination, which is a set of competitive exams in India for admission to various engineering programs at the undergraduate level. There are two main components of JEE:
  1. JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination - Main): This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and serves as the qualifying examination for admission to undergraduate engineering programs at various prestigious institutions across India. JEE Main is typically held twice a year, and it covers subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
  2. JEE Advanced: Only candidates who qualify in the JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced is considered one of the most challenging engineering entrance exams in India and is used for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). It consists of more advanced and complex questions, testing a deeper understanding of the subjects.
The JEE exams are highly competitive, with a large number of students aspiring to secure a place in reputed engineering colleges, especially the IITs. The syllabus for both JEE Main and Advanced is based on the 10+2 level curriculum in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Scoring well in these exams opens doors to some of the top engineering institutions in India, and success in JEE is often seen as a significant achievement for students pursuing a career in engineering.

You need to get rank between 100k-150k to get a average desk job in India. This becomes extremely difficult as no of applicants is 1.5 million

r/unitedstatesofindia - An 18-year-old JEE aspirant died by suicide in Rajasthan's Kota on Monday and left a suicide note for her parents stating that she was unable to do JEE

I am also a JEE student. she knew that she will not make it, so do I. then, if we clear Mains by hook or crook, but fail in advanced, we would be pushed to 2nd and 3rd tier colleges, whose sole aim is to make as much money as possible. Combine the financial burden of Coaching+ University which doesn't guarantee a job+ pride of parents lost because we couldn't make into IIT etc. What would the people who preach "JEE is not a only option" do? Not everyone can afford Universities abroad nor the private uni like BITS etc. And also then there is NO good job prospect. Infosys only pays 25k to a fresher. that too , if you make into Infosys. I am getting sick of the stubborn competition and a general trend of institutions trying to earn as much money as possible + No preparation for future. Also add the class environment.... It feels like a battleground. I am in Pune. but still competition is very bad. + loneliness. its been 5 months since i joined coaching, but I have not made a single friend here. even for minor doubts, I have to ask my school friends because no one will listen to you. And the grades, everybody knows that part..... The %tile thing which ranks you... I get calls from platforms like eSaral asking me, why I am not like a topper... Its stupid simple dumb a*s, because I am not a topper Also add the problem of teenagers, Adult things+ Acne on steroids +Bad health (mental and physical) + Crushes and what not... And then parents do not understand that We are trying our best. In their eyes, we went to Kota etc and couldn't make it wasting all of money, in other words, they think that we are worthless.
but
I haven't lost hope. Im gonna go to germany if i fail. but those, like that girl who dont want to open their eyes and see opportunities are responsible for their own death. For those who fail yet do not see things rationally are most prone to (Game Over) but I support their decision by using benefit of doubt that they might considered all their option
What you guys think?
orignal on reddit:

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
That's devastating. Hope she can rest peacefully. It's insane to me that this world is so inhospitable that even kids push past SI just to get out of it all. You'd think after all this time people would've found a way to make life at least bearable. Instead they focus on trying to stop people from killing themselves instead of fixing the larger causes that make people want to die in the first place. The biggest suicide prevention effort would be to make life worth living in the first place

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
JEE typically refers to the Joint Entrance Examination, which is a set of competitive exams in India for admission to various engineering programs at the undergraduate level. There are two main components of JEE:
  1. JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination - Main): This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and serves as the qualifying examination for admission to undergraduate engineering programs at various prestigious institutions across India. JEE Main is typically held twice a year, and it covers subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
  2. JEE Advanced: Only candidates who qualify in the JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced is considered one of the most challenging engineering entrance exams in India and is used for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). It consists of more advanced and complex questions, testing a deeper understanding of the subjects.
The JEE exams are highly competitive, with a large number of students aspiring to secure a place in reputed engineering colleges, especially the IITs. The syllabus for both JEE Main and Advanced is based on the 10+2 level curriculum in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Scoring well in these exams opens doors to some of the top engineering institutions in India, and success in JEE is often seen as a significant achievement for students pursuing a career in engineering.

You need to get rank between 100k-150k to get a average desk job in India. This becomes extremely difficult as no of applicants is 1.5 million

r/unitedstatesofindia - An 18-year-old JEE aspirant died by suicide in Rajasthan's Kota on Monday and left a suicide note for her parents stating that she was unable to do JEE's Kota on Monday and left a suicide note for her parents stating that she was unable to do JEE

I am also a JEE student. she knew that she will not make it, so do I. then, if we clear Mains by hook or crook, but fail in advanced, we would be pushed to 2nd and 3rd tier colleges, whose sole aim is to make as much money as possible. Combine the financial burden of Coaching+ University which doesn't guarantee a job+ pride of parents lost because we couldn't make into IIT etc. What would the people who preach "JEE is not a only option" do? Not everyone can afford Universities abroad nor the private uni like BITS etc. And also then there is NO good job prospect. Infosys only pays 25k to a fresher. that too , if you make into Infosys. I am getting sick of the stubborn competition and a general trend of institutions trying to earn as much money as possible + No preparation for future. Also add the class environment.... It feels like a battleground. I am in Pune. but still competition is very bad. + loneliness. its been 5 months since i joined coaching, but I have not made a single friend here. even for minor doubts, I have to ask my school friends because no one will listen to you. And the grades, everybody knows that part..... The %tile thing which ranks you... I get calls from platforms like eSaral asking me, why I am not like a topper... Its stupid simple dumb a*s, because I am not a topper Also add the problem of teenagers, Adult things+ Acne on steroids +Bad health (mental and physical) + Crushes and what not... And then parents do not understand that We are trying our best. In their eyes, we went to Kota etc and couldn't make it wasting all of money, in other words, they think that we are worthless.
but
I haven't lost hope. Im gonna go to germany if i fail. but those, like that girl who dont want to open their eyes and see opportunities are responsible for their own death. For those who fail yet do not see things rationally are most prone to (Game Over) but I support their decision by using benefit of doubt that they might considered all their option
What you guys think?
orignal on reddit:

It's been in the media for some days now. The pressure kids get from their parents, socially is extremely high. The country also has no such thing as consultation for students where an expert or let's say a teacher could advice you for your future. The country needs to adapt and change their way, or else this country will soon be seeing many more similar cases.

Reactions: Kit1
depressedpharma

depressedpharma

Lily
Feb 2, 2024
I have the upmost respect for her, as a society we need to stop funneling young adults into a system that takes the difficulties and struggle they have, and completely disregards them. They should have been given another way out, another way of life, some other option. People should not have to feel like they need to die for an inability to perform in our system.

Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
Heartbreaking ā™„ļø and speaking from person experiences. But If the pressure is high enough and the communication and the trust isn't good enough. I completely see why these suicides happens.

Last edited:
A

ApurvaNotFound

Jan 14, 2024
I have the upmost respect for her, as a society we need to stop funneling young adults into a system that takes the difficulties and struggle they have, and completely disregards them. They should have been given another way out, another way of life, some other option. People should not have to feel like they need to die for an inability to perform in our system.
though legally adult, she was just a teenager. You should also mind that Indian teenagers are much less emotionally strong than their counterparts in the US

Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
As an Indian, I can confirm it's a sadly prevalent issue. The suicide of some students who fail to clear certain entrance examinations for the highest rated undergraduate programs is a sad reality we live in.

I myself couldn't clear even the basics of this particular examination back when I wrote it.

Imagine being just a teenager and having to prepare for one of the hardest entrance examinations in the world and some times, these students don't even want to do it, but get sucked into the whirlpool of societal and parental expectations. What a mess.

The coaching experience of living in another city can be very difficult for all but the few most motivated and capable students who are on top of the game.

T

tacos300lbutacos300

Jan 28, 2024

r/unitedstatesofindia - An 18-year-old JEE aspirant died by suicide in Rajasthan's Kota on Monday and left a suicide note for her parents stating that she was unable to do JEE's Kota on Monday and left a suicide note for her parents stating that she was unable to do JEE

but
What you guys think?
orignal on reddit:

but
What you guys think?
orignal on reddit:

You know we have absolutely failed as a society when we can't even blame her for thinking this is a viable option. Because it quite literally is and it does feel like it is sometimes. The amount of pressure you are put into in your late teens years where your supposed to enjoy them is quite literally enough for people to take their own lives because of it. As someone who's around her age,I feel terrible for her and I can relate to the amount of pressure that you're put in. The world is a terrible place to live in sometimes.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
That sort of thing is not rare. I went to a university that was very good, but the high acadenic standard also resulted in a lot of pressure on people. Suicides around the time of finals were not unknown, and there was one attempt by someone in my own subject. (He was badly injured. I don't know whether he eventually survived.) Two groups of students were at risk: (1) those who feared they might fail entirely; and (2) those who were aiming for a first but feared they might not make it. The students in the middle, those who knew they were going to get a degree, of reasonable but not stellar quality, were not at risk.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Having had the "pleasure" of seeing the Indian parents standards up close, it's no wonder this child took this route. May she rest in peace šŸ•Š šŸ•ŠšŸ•Š

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
That is so unbelievably sad. Parents often try and live their hopes and dreams through their children which is unfair. I have two children - the eldest is doing well at university and he enjoys studying and is okay with exams. The youngest is about to take her first proper public exams - she hates studying, will do anything to avoid studying and her strengths are reflected elsewhere - which is fine. As a parent, our duty is to support our children find out for themselves what they would like to do and be there for them - rather than push them to live our dreams. Whilst I worry for my younger one, that worry belongs to me and not her. I just wish that young people were not put under so much pressure by parents and society. I had a person in their 70s tell my daughter the other day that if studies really hard and achieves all As in her exams, I (as her mother) will unconditionally love her. I was horrified and told my daughter straight away that I loved her unconditionally and love is not dependent on anything - thankfully she acknowledged that she already knew that and gave me a hug. But imagine, if she had not known that! This can be such a twisted world sometimes.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
That is so unbelievably sad. Parents often try and live their hopes and dreams through their children which is unfair. I have two children - the eldest is doing well at university and he enjoys studying and is okay with exams. The youngest is about to take her first proper public exams - she hates studying, will do anything to avoid studying and her strengths are reflected elsewhere - which is fine. As a parent, our duty is to support our children find out for themselves what they would like to do and be there for them - rather than push them to live our dreams. Whilst I worry for my younger one, that worry belongs to me and not her. I just wish that young people were not put under so much pressure by parents and society. I had a person in their 70s tell my daughter the other day that if studies really hard and achieves all As in her exams, I (as her mother) will unconditionally love her. I was horrified and told my daughter straight away that I loved her unconditionally and love is not dependent on anything - thankfully she acknowledged that she already knew that and gave me a hug. But imagine, if she had not known that! This can be such a twisted world sometimes.
It isn't always parental pressure. Some people push themselves very hard without any external pressure. As a student I was one. (And to some extent I still am.) Up to a point, it's healthy, but it can easily become destructive.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
This sort of thing is a reason why I want to be dead. I'm not in india and I'd say that the academics in my country are far easier at 18 than what 18 year olds at india have to go through but the unfortunate thing about this is the system as a whole. I wish I could say that things would get easier as you grow up further as an adult but it unfortunately doesn't and the same thing would unfortunately apply to people in india too. Life is just a bunch of pressure and hardship for no reason at all, it's understandable to want to quit it at any point in life as it just simply isn't worth it. I wish I could have also killed myself so that I don't have to continue being a cog in the system to serve the elites

Reactions: seekingrelease22
cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
I never thought I'd see JEE mentioned here; kinda surprised...

I was supposed to kill myself before JEE too, but sadly, I couldn't push through and welp... I'm here writing this comment... I wrote my exam a couple of days ago, and honestly, I have zero hope for it and my future as a whole; even if I did manage to get into a decent college, I have zero interest in living the life that this country (and this world as a whole, I guess) (not that I can move out anyway...) offers to me.
My dream was to become a sports player (cricketer, to be precise), as childish as it sounds, but that can never happen now; that ship sailed a long time ago, so there's no point in reasoning or making excuses for it. As it stands now, I have the option to either die or spend the next four years of my life surrounded by the most egoistical professors and peers I would never be able to relate to, all the while grinding my ass off just so that I can earn a decent wage and not be laughed at by society, followed by more grinding and bootlicking to reach the top (that too only if life allows it) if I manage to get in, and doing the same till I'm too old to work; all this while I'll be forced by my parents to marry somewhere down the line :/. I sometimes find it fascinating how millions of people just live through this life without ever questioning it, and that too in this country where everything seems to be built and run on ego.

And I can relate to the problems you mentioned, especially that part about loneliness; that hit hard... My %ile was in the 70s last year, so I changed my coaching and joined a new one in June, and my god, I felt terrible for months sitting on the last bench alone, envying every single person around me. I did get invited by people a few times, but the way they smiled at me... it just felt like I was being pitied, so I continued to be alone.
Anyway, this is getting really long...

Oh, and screw eSaral, lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
A

ApurvaNotFound

Jan 14, 2024

I was supposed to kill myself before JEE too, but sadly, I couldn't push through and welp... I'm here writing this comment... I wrote my exam a couple of days ago, and honestly, I have zero hope for it and my future as a whole; even if I did manage to get into a decent college, I have zero interest in living the life that this country (and this world as a whole, I guess) (not that I can move out anyway...) offers to me.
My dream was to become a sports player (cricketer, to be precise), as childish as it sounds, but that can never happen now; that ship sailed a long time ago, so there's no point in reasoning or making excuses for it. As it stands now, I have the option to either die or spend the next four years of my life surrounded by the most egoistical professors and peers I would never be able to relate to, all the while grinding my ass off just so that I can earn a decent wage and not be laughed at by society, followed by more grinding and bootlicking to reach the top (that too only if life allows it) if I manage to get in, and doing the same till I'm too old to work; all this while I'll be forced by my parents to marry somewhere down the line :/. I sometimes find it fascinating how millions of people just live through this life without ever questioning it, and that too in this country where everything seems to be built and run on ego.

And I can relate to the problems you mentioned, especially that part about loneliness; that hit hard... My %ile was in the 70s last year, so I changed my coaching and joined a new one in June, and my god, I felt terrible for months sitting on the last bench alone, envying every single person around me. I did get invited by people a few times, but the way they smiled at me... it just felt like I was being pitied, so I continued to be alone.

Man I can suggest only two options to you for which I have zero real world experience

Join McKinsey

idk man. Just go to a random business which is struggling and make it efficient. Also try Digital Marketing for that business.
My cousin did the same and now she in the US earning around 250k at age 27
and she was from a college which was in middle of nowhere in Rajasthan

Reactions: cupcakesandmilk
cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Man I can suggest only two options to you for which I have zero real world experience

Join McKinsey

idk man. Just go to a random business which is struggling and make it efficient. Also try Digital Marketing for that business.
My cousin did the same and now she in the US earning around 250k at age 27
and she was from a college which was in middle of nowhere in Rajasthan
Damn, that's awesome; thanks for the advice怜

PrincessMeow

PrincessMeow

I want to sleep forever
Nov 21, 2023
OP, I'm reading this a little late, but fr the JEE pressure is too much on me, I'm a JEE dropper and I failed this year too. I want to CTB but the SI is too high.

Btw idk if I should be glad or sad that there are JEE students like me on this forum šŸ„²šŸ˜…
Sl

Slyveon, did your marks improve in Jan attempt? I am a dropper too, who had 60%ile last year in Jan, 74% in April, and then 63%ile in this year's Jan. Even I'm sick of life as a whole. I just want to sleep forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: cupcakesandmilk
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
And this sort of thing is not unsual in a lot of Asian countries where they have really violent and tough exams to push students through and they have no rest time. The sad reality is how common it is and how little regard for individuals exists.

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
I think this will be happening a lot more, regardless of country and testing mechanisms. There's another suicide forum with a bunch of college students who have been studying art, journalism, graphic design, etc. for the last 4-5 years and are about to graduate. But now they see their futures are bleak because of artificial intelligence. They did all that studying and hard work, only for their entire professions to be replaced by robots. We're going to be seeing a lot of this.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Slyveon, did your marks improve in Jan attempt? I am a dropper too, who had 60%ile last year in Jan, 74% in April, and then 63%ile in this year's Jan. Even I'm sick of life as a whole. I just want to sleep forever.
Yeah, I had 74.XX and 69.XX%ile last year; this time I did manage to breach the 90s mark, but I really can't do this anymore.
OP, I'm reading this a little late, but fr the JEE pressure is too much on me, I'm a JEE dropper and I failed this year too. I want to CTB but the SI is too high.
I feel you. I've been telling myself "I'll just CTB on impulse when I feel miserable enough" to avoid SI since the past 4 months, and it has never once worked out, despite the fact that I had a handful of windows during the time. I wish it was easier for all of us.

My heart goes out to you. Take care, and try not to be too hard on yourself, because this JEE shit ain't easy.

Reactions: PrincessMeow
Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
I have read that high academic achievers with below average IQ are also at high risk of suicide.