Legacy Install

Legacy Install

Dec 12, 2023
Hello everyone,
I wanted to get some more info on this; some opinions.
I just bought a Taurus GX 4 with the last of my money along with some hollow point rounds and have found a spot where I'm sure it'd be a while before I was found.
Would it be better to aim for the brain or could I aim for the heart instead? My biggest concern is that I don't want to end up a vegetable.
Any information on the difference in scenarios between these two is very highly appreciated.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Do proper research in the firearm megathread.

Don't do anything in panic.

I think in the mouth is best.

Reactions: Legacy Install, Burden_Bailey and MatrixPrisoner
M

Meaghan Gingrich

Aug 18, 2023
Trying to figure out do you aim straight back in mouth or up towards brain

idonothing

idonothing

Dec 13, 2023
I have never shot myself (lol) but I strongly believe it is much better to go for the brain, to aim for the brainstem most specifically, rather than the heart. Your brain is in a much more exact and accountable position for making a direct hit than the heart. There is a very high chance you would miss the heart due to the amount of space in your chest cavity and leave yourself bleeding out or potentially hitting a lung and dying a slow, painful death from suffocation. The head is chosen most often for a reason as a successful shot can result in an immediate and painless death, but this chance is all but impossible in the majority if not all of the rest of the body, as far as I know. There are many resources here for the angle you should take and posts detailing specifics, I suggest searching through past posts. As well, do some research into the physical placement of the parts inside of your head. Your biggest worry should be not solely blasting through just your face, the front of your skull, resulting in extreme disfisgurement without hitting the brain. You need to not have too much of an upward angle, i.e. firing from under the jaw, firing in an upward angle from inside the mouth. Going for any other parts of your body is very ill advised.

Reactions: Legacy Install, worthIess and MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
You never see people do it in the heart...and for good reason.

Legacy Install

Legacy Install

Dec 12, 2023
Thank you for the responses, it's much appreciated.
I'll be going through the firearms megathread soon.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
You never see people do it in the heart...and for good reason.
There's only one video I can think of where a russian guy gets dumped by his girlfriend and then he runs away , shot himself in the heart and then dropped a nade
Its probably pretty rare but if you can do it right Im pretty sure you drop dead fast

Last edited:
Reactions: Legacy Install and MatrixPrisoner
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Hello everyone,
I wanted to get some more info on this; some opinions.
I just bought a Taurus GX 4 with the last of my money along with some hollow point rounds and have found a spot where I'm sure it'd be a while before I was found.
Would it be better to aim for the brain or could I aim for the heart instead? My biggest concern is that I don't want to end up a vegetable.
Any information on the difference in scenarios between these two is very highly appreciated.
@Legacy Install Hook the gun over your shoulder like a salute, rest the gun aiming above your ear. It will be instant. Best of luck.

Reactions: Legacy Install, F@#$ and pthnrdnojvsc
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Thank you for the responses, it's much appreciated.
I'll be going through the firearms megathread soon.

I've read the entire thread.

12 gauge shotgun is the recommended weapon of choice. But in pistols, 9mm is the minimum recommended but many people suggest something like .357 magnum would be the better choice. The less power you have, the more you need to worry about accuracy. Shotgun will basically take your head off so long as you don't do anything foolish such as putting the gun under your chin. (please NEVER do that) And it should be instantaneous so long as you destroy the brainstem.

In the mouth is the top recommendation, aiming at an angle roughly in the direction of your ears (so if you picture an imaginary line drawn between both ears, you aim for the center point of that line) Behind the ear from outside the head is also effective, but not as easy to gauge accuracy. And not really a viable option with a shotgun/long gun. Only pistol. Heart shot is not really recommended by anyone.

Also, some other suggestions in that thread as a contingency against possible failure. Take some asprin, this will thin your blood and make you bleed out faster. Also possibly consider standing in waist deep water, so if the head shot doesn't instantly kill you (which it most likely will) then you should drown. You could also sit on a kayak and wearing something like a weight vest so your body will stay under. Also, practice your aim in a mirror without ammo. If it's a long gun, you might have to secure the butt of the gun against something or in a vice and pull the trigger with your toe... so you would be best to practice these things ahead of time so you're sure of what you're doing.

Also, if you're going to miss the brainstem, you're better to miss low than high apparently. The theory being that aiming too high might hit non critical parts of the brain, but missing a bit too low will likely still take out the spinal cord - which is almost the same thing as taking out the brainstem and will likely result in a quick death too. So favouring slightly lower is the smarter choice. Shotgun will obliterate everything even if your aim isn't perfect, so this is more of a consideration for pistols.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Iamtired, allthatimsaying, Tears in Rain and 1 other person