• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Seeking Aether

Seeking Aether

Off to unchartered islands I only half-believe in
Apr 20, 2024
On experimenting with 8 hour fasts, at the end of it I'm hungry but not that hungry i.e my stomach isn't empty. For this reason I'm leaning more towards doing a 24 hour fast before I CTB. Do you think that I should go ahead with a 24 hour fast or that 8 hours would be enough?

Reactions: Forveleth and Mi Mi
M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
On experimenting with 8 hour fasts, at the end of it I'm hungry but not that hungry i.e my stomach isn't empty. For this reason I'm leaning more towards doing a 24 hour fast before I CTB. Do you think that I should go ahead with a 24 hour fast or that 8 hours would be enough?
I'm going for and think 24 hr is best

Reactions: Seeking Aether
Upvote 0
Seeking Aether

Seeking Aether

Apr 20, 2024
Reactions: Forveleth
Upvote 0
M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
my only concern is that it might lead to a higher risk of vomiting tbh
I figured if you're gonna vomit
You're gonna vomit
I'd rather be completely empty because vomit doesn't mean fail
It's your body natural reaction
Actually I'm going a bit over 24
But I rather vomit liquid then food
It could be easier
Actually it is easier
I did a salt detox as a trial run and I did vomit
So from that experience I think I will handle it better not having any food in that
Your choice
In the end the important part is the SN

Reactions: Seeking Aether
Upvote 0
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I don't get the 8 hour fast is nothing. Either is 24. I'm reading now that dry fasting average is 10 days b4 u die. I managed to go 6 days. My personal record. Drives the pro-lifers and mental health crowd crazy cuz hunger strike is constitutional right in US and globally recognized as a human right.
Oh you're talking about fasting b4 sn. I get it now. I would consider it but haven't the slightest idea where to get that stuff.

Upvote 0
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
The whole idea of fasting is to keep food out of your system so that the SN can be absorbed faster. The average person can empty their stomach in two to four hours. So if you wait eight hours, your stomach and the first part of your small intestine should be empty. 24 hours is excessive.

I don't get the 8 hour fast is nothing. Either is 24. I'm reading now that dry fasting average is 10 days b4 u die. I managed to go 6 days. My personal record. Drives the pro-lifers and mental health crowd crazy cuz hunger strike is constitutional right in US and globally recognized as a human right.
Oh you're talking about fasting b4 sn. I get it now. I would consider it but haven't the slightest idea where to get that stuff.
This is in relation to the sodium nitrite method, not VSED.

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36, cowboypants, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
Upvote 0
T

Traveller12724

Experienced
May 14, 2024
I have never taken sn but I have taken ayahuasca which makes everybody vomit even though people come in fasted for 10-14hrs, I was the only one who didn't vomit because I was completely empty at 25hrs of fasting, next time I came in 14hrs fasted, I vomited pretty bad, from that I concluded that the more hours you fast and get to empty, the less the impulse to vomit even when your body detects some kind of poison or strange substance in your system, I could be wrong but that's what I concluded

Last edited:
Reactions: Mi Mi, YosemiteGrrl and Seeking Aether
Upvote 0
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Everyone digests food differently. I know from previous hunger strikes it takes days for me. And that is the problem with ingesting anything by mouth. Most people will vomit ingesting anything that is highly toxic.

Reactions: cowboypants and Seeking Aether
Upvote 0
Seeking Aether

Seeking Aether

Apr 20, 2024
I figured if you're gonna vomit
You're gonna vomit
I'd rather be completely empty because vomit doesn't mean fail
It's your body natural reaction
Actually I'm going a bit over 24
But I rather vomit liquid then food
It could be easier
Actually it is easier
I did a salt detox as a trial run and I did vomit
So from that experience I think I will handle it better not having any food in that
Your choice
In the end the important part is the SN
Makes sense
The whole idea of fasting is to keep food out of your system so that the SN can be absorbed faster. The average person can empty their stomach in two to four hours. So if you wait eight hours, your stomach and the first part of your small intestine should be empty. 24 hours is excessive.

This is in relation to the sodium nitrite method, not VSED.
I've seen that 24 hours is viable
I have never taken sn but I have taken ayahuasca which makes everybody vomit even though people come in fasted for 10-14hrs, I was the only one who didn't vomit because I was completely empty at 25hrs of fasting, next time I came in 14hrs fasted, I vomited pretty bad, from that I concluded that the more hours you fast and get to empty, the less the impulse to vomit even when your body detects some kind of poison or strange substance in your system, I could be wrong but that's what I concluded
Well, I have AE's for the vomiting, I was more concerned about the absorption of the SN itself. But yea AEs are no guarantee either so it would help to minimize the chances of throwing up which was my 2nd concern with regards to fasting

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
From a medical standpoint, a 24 hour fast for SN doesn't make sense to me. The point of fasting with SN is so it won't interact with anything else in your stomach & to properly gage how much of the drink came up if you do vomit. An 8 hour fast is sufficient for this purpose for anyone without GI issues. 24 hours is excessive & will just increase the amount of acid in your stomach, which makes you more likely to vomit

Reactions: rozeske, CelestialDiana, divinemistress36 and 4 others
Upvote 0
Seeking Aether

Seeking Aether

Apr 20, 2024
From a medical standpoint, a 24 hour fast for SN doesn't make sense to me. The point of fasting with SN is so it won't interact with anything else in your stomach & to properly gage how much of the drink came up if you do vomit. An 8 hour fast is sufficient for this purpose for anyone without GI issues. 24 hours is excessive & will just increase the amount of acid in your stomach, which makes you more likely to vomit
Yea what I was really thinking about is if my metabolism is slower at the moment, but probably it's more due to stuff like low ghrelin that would make me not feel too hungry after the fast

Upvote 0
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Yea what I was really thinking about is if my metabolism is slower at the moment, but probably it's more due to stuff like low ghrelin that would make me not feel too hungry after the fast
Imo not feeling excessively hungry is a good thing bc it means your levels of stomach acid haven't started to rise. You want your stomach empty but not to start acting like smth is wrong yet. The relationship between metabolism and digestion is also tangential, so I wouldn't worry about your metabolism as long as food is moving through your system normally

Reactions: rozeske and Seeking Aether
Upvote 0
Seeking Aether

Seeking Aether

Apr 20, 2024
Imo not feeling excessively hungry is a good thing bc it means your levels of stomach acid haven't started to rise. You want your stomach empty but not to start acting like smth is wrong yet. The relationship between metabolism and digestion is also tangential, so I wouldn't worry about your metabolism as long as food is moving through your system normally
thx for the advice

Upvote 0
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I will fast a little longer, 11 hours, because I wake up late, I eat later and the chosen time for SN is 3 hours after the 8 hours of fasting have passed, it will not be a problem. I am also worried about the speed of absorption of SN, but I have AE, which I suppose will help.
There are many of us who want to do it with SN, will it be the most chosen method here?

Upvote 0
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
I'm shooting between 8-14 hours that's the max I can fast without getting dizzy and light headed.

Reactions: rozeske
Upvote 0