candyapple

candyapple

Jun 24, 2020
I know, I know... overdosing barely works. I honestly just don't really have any other options at the moment besides hanging but I've tried that with no success.

I have 53 pills of 60mg cymbalta (duloxetine) so 3180mg, and I also have 1080mg propranolol. I know that's not nearly enough propranolol for an overdose but combined with cymbalta and alcohol, what would happen? I know you can't predict exactly what would happen.

I just need the comfort of knowing I have a lethal dose of something in my cabinet. I could probably get more antidepressants and benzos too. I just need something

I know drug overdoses aren't fun; I took around 1300mg of cymbalta and my body was shaking so much that I could barely walk for two days and my eyes were so dilated you couldn't see my iris.

Honestly the thing I'm most scared of is vomiting. I'd do anything to avoid vomiting.

What drug would up my chances at passing out before I vomit? I can get a prescription for most standard things

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
With the alcohol, you would likely go into serotonin syndrome quite quickly. That can be very uncomfortable, with lots of nausea, vomiting, and hallucinations, possibly ending in a coma. I'm no doctor, though. There are so many factors that are always at play (such as your size, your body's familiarity with the meds, etc).

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I know, I know... I know drug overdoses aren't fun; I took around 1300mg of cymbalta and my body was shaking so much that I could barely walk for two days and my eyes were so dilated you couldn't see my iris.
Then why try again? You could have 10 Rx drugs and we couldn't tell you the outcome.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and autumnal
candyapple

candyapple

Jun 24, 2020
With the alcohol, you would likely go into serotonin syndrome quite quickly. That can be very uncomfortable, with lots of nausea, vomiting, and hallucinations, possibly ending in a coma. I'm no doctor, though. There are so many factors that are always at play (such as your size, your body's familiarity with the meds, etc).

I'm an underweight female and haven't taken the meds in over a year so hopefully that would lower the lethal dosage for me, I'm not sure though

I'm ok with all the physical symptoms besides vomiting, I am terrified of vomiting for some reason. I guess it's likely unavoidable though. Thanks for the response!
Then why try again? You could have 10 Rx drugs and we couldn't tell you the outcome.

Because I don't really have any other option in regards to methods

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Have you weighed out the risks of symptoms, long term physical damage, hospitalization, and potential psych hospitalization vs. the small chance an OD will work?

Also, check the effects of OD for each med. I believe propanolol could result in seizures, in which it would be a good idea to have a very high dose of diazepam. From my research, 1000 mg liquid diazepam would be best.

I know about the diazepam from researching chloroquine OD, which would be an all but guaranteed OD if you can get it.

Reactions: candyapple
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I'm an underweight female and haven't taken the meds in over a year so hopefully that would lower the lethal dosage for me, I'm not sure though

Not massively, no.

I'm ok with all the physical symptoms besides vomiting, I am terrified of vomiting for some reason. I guess it's likely unavoidable though. Thanks for the response!

Vomiting is pretty much guaranteed with an oral pill overdose, and this is increased even further with the addition of alcohol.

But even if that were true, that does not mean you should be using methods which are very unlikely to work or cause you a significant amount of pain and distress. And in the event that you still chose to use those methods, you rightfully would not get a great deal of encouragement from other members.

There is a reason why it is long-established here that overdoses very rarely tend to be fatal. There is little point in saying you acknowledge that fact, and then listing your particular overdose combination and asking whether it could somehow be the one magical exception to that rule. The other thing is, there is no guarantee of any members here being medical professionals who can provide you a detailed analysis of your particular combination. So it would largely be guesswork in the responses anyway.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Lorntroubles and candyapple
candyapple

candyapple

Jun 24, 2020
Not massively, no.

Vomiting is pretty much guaranteed with an oral pill overdose, and this is increased even further with the addition of alcohol.

But even if that were true, that does not mean you should be using methods which are very unlikely to work or cause you a significant amount of pain and distress. And in the event that you still chose to use those methods, you rightfully would not get a great deal of encouragement from other members.

There is a reason why it is long-established here that overdoses very rarely tend to be fatal. There is little point in saying you acknowledge that fact, and then listing your particular overdose combination and asking whether it could somehow be the one magical exception to that rule. The other thing is, there is no guarantee of any members here being medical professionals who can provide you a detailed analysis of your particular combination. So it would largely be guesswork in the responses anyway.

thank you for the concern; I'm not really looking for encouragement, rather am just open to hearing peoples' opinions/personal experiences with duloxetine for example.

i am aware that my combination is not a one magical exception and was asking for ideas on what rx drugs may increase my chances. and don't worry I am aware that nobody on here can be certain. This website is not my holy grail for medical expertise, don't worry. I know I sound like a clueless idiot but at this point I don't care and would rather attempt and end up brain dead/paralyzed than not attempt at all. Not a very common viewpoint I know, but that's just where I'm at right now.

the only thing holding me back is...vomit. I don't understand my stupidity either, don't worry. like I said, i'm open to all opinions

edit: sorry, i know I keep repeating myself and repeating "don't worry" and "i know". i'm not totally lucid right now so let me know if my sentences aren't making sense. I'm not sure

Last edited:
candyapple

candyapple

Jun 24, 2020
Have you weighed out the risks of symptoms, long term physical damage, hospitalization, and potential psych hospitalization vs. the small chance an OD will work?

Also, check the effects of OD for each med. I believe propanolol could result in seizures, in which it would be a good idea to have a very high dose of diazepam. From my research, 1000 mg liquid diazepam would be best.

I know about the diazepam from researching chloroquine OD, which would be an all but guaranteed OD if you can get it.

Yeah I've weighed out the risks and don't mind long term damage and/or hospitalization

I think I have access to both diazepam and chloroquine in my country; thank you, i'll look into it!

Reactions: ravergirl and GoodPersonEffed