• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I just saw a tiktok of someone saying their biggest motivation is making their immigrant mom proud and it's brought up some emotions I've been repressing really hard. The topic is really complex to me because on one hand I do feel guilty knowing my parents did all that just for me to die but on the other hand it wasn't my choice to be born and it's not my fault they grew up and lived in a shit world where they had to struggle so much for their kids to have decent lives, blame the system not me but at the same time it still feels like it'd be a shameful waste for my parents to be put through the pain of their child CTBing after all they've done and I know if I fail my CTB attempt they're gonna use the whole "I came here to give you a better life" line to make me feel guilty.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Damn, I never thought about this. I always thought about bringing someone here if they came from one of the top 5 worst places to be, I didn't think about the impact on potential kids. Not that I intend on ever having any, but they might e.g. have kids or younger siblings already.

I hope things get better for you, it's not your fault the way the world is. Don't let them guilt you, they were probably thinking about each other first of all. It's the world's fault for making non-existence be the better option for you. I wouldn't want any potential child of mine to suffer.

Reactions: FutureHanger
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
For the longest time did, but no longer do. I did not intentionally let down my immigrant parents. I tried my best with the difficult situation, genetics, nand personality disorders that I was born into. Having children is a gamble, if one cannot deal with the odds, they should not play the game. There are hundreds of millions of bloodlines across that world that seriously just need to end.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
My parents are not immigrants but I do relate to the whole "I did this for you" and "i did this because of you" guilt tripping.