U

Unsure_about_living

May 6, 2020
Got my SN. And some antacid and a couple lorazepam left. No antiemetics but I think I'll take my chances.

Nearly 6 months ago I promised myself if I still wanted to die in 6 months time, I'd be allowed. That falls 2 weeks today, on 24th May. The whole "waiting 6 months" thing is kind of moot anyway because I've already attempted in the meantime. But still, I feel I've given it a good go now.

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow. She knows about the SN, and doesn't seem too concerned. I feel like telling her my plans is basically just saying "please save me", when I don't think I want to be saved. I think maybe it's just hard to keep big things like this to myself. And if I tell people one more time, and still they do nothing, then I can stop feeling guilty for leaving this life.

I don't know. I just want the thoughts to be quiet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meowkin, disabledandhopeless, _Minsk and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Don´t tell your shrink anything suicide related there´s no upside.

Reactions: _Minsk
Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
I'm kind of curious as to why she knows you have the SN and hasn't done anything.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone, disabledandhopeless, miguel6565 and 2 others
S

Slow85

Feb 29, 2020
She should have called police or atleast that what i thought the process was like

We can all have implants to kill ourselves At home I guess ? Knives / ropes / medication - I guesS if the psych doesn't know you have a 'plan' you wouldn't be deemed a risk ? Which is of course ridiculous because why else would you have the SN?

Do you think your psych knows what SN is?

miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
We can all have implants to kill ourselves At home I guess ? Knives / ropes / medication - I guesS if the psych doesn't know you have a 'plan' you wouldn't be deemed a risk ? Which is of course ridiculous because why else would you have the SN?

Do you think your psych knows what SN is?
I mean,if you tell you have a suicide plan in my country they lock you in a mental hospital,if you have strong thoughts of hurting yourself or others they will lock you and force you to take meds,etc..

S

Slow85

Feb 29, 2020
I mean,if you tell you have a suicide plan in my country they lock you in a mental hospital,if you have strong thoughts of hurting yourself or others they will lock you and force you to take meds,etc..

Where abouts are you?

They don't act that way in the U.K. unfortunately (for some who want help , not those who don't )

Many people are left without help or with the 'help' of the crisis team......when they need more intense care .
They have a thing in the U.K. about managing risk in the community - but it's not really working

miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Where abouts are you?

They don't act that way in the U.K. unfortunately (for some who want help , not those who don't )

Many people are left without help or with the 'help' of the crisis team......when they need more intense care .
They have a thing in the U.K. about managing risk in the community - but it's not really working
Im from spain and i recently discover that from each way of thinking is a protocol,if you have just sadness is just talking to a psych,if ideas of death but not strong/or common,therapy,if you have a suicide plan,notes they will lock and alert family to control you,so as you can see we treated as if we were crazy when i just want peace

PD:here they dont care also,recently i finally ask for help and they just told me to take meds and goodluck,we will call you eventualy,i discovered i was diagnostised a fobic,anxiety,depression syntom while ago and never notified me of that.

i guess i just wanted some peace that xanax is bringing but not to get better,just some peace wille i ctb

Last edited:
Lutembëe

Lutembëe

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Same for me. My psychiatrist knows that I have SN, she doesn't seem to care except that she fears she will be sued if I'm dead lol.

I feel you OP, we are on the same boat.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone and Unsure_about_living
U

Unsure_about_living

May 6, 2020
Update: told the psychiatrist about my last 6 months. So she knows I've decided I'm "allowed" to kill myself soon. She did offer some extra help. But I just can't see myself surviving, stuck in the house alone, with literally nothing to look forward to

• Love
Reactions: Lutembëe